HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2011, 10:57 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
Discussion
What Motors, ESC's and Props seem to work best with the HF Pro and Octo Config

Hello All,

I'm beginning to build an MK Okto XL with the HF Pro. It seems that many of you have significant experience at this point in time with various configurations. What ESC's seem to work best with the HF Pro? I was planning on using Avroto 2814 Short Shaft Motors. Are these good motors? Also what props seem to work well? Thanks in advance for your input.

Ken
emarketwiz is offline Find More Posts by emarketwiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:26 PM
North Lake Tahoe
Joined Nov 2009
596 Posts
You will not find the golden answer as every set-up is different. I would suggest purchasing a range of props. It really depends on how much, if any gear you are going to haul. Start with 12x3.8 APC props and maybe Turnigy Plush 40amp esc's. This will get you flying in a proven range.
tahoelight is offline Find More Posts by tahoelight
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emarketwiz View Post
Hello All,

I'm beginning to build an MK Okto XL with the HF Pro. It seems that many of you have significant experience at this point in time with various configurations. What ESC's seem to work best with the HF Pro? I was planning on using Avroto 2814 Short Shaft Motors. Are these good motors? Also what props seem to work well? Thanks in advance for your input.

Ken
My tri with avroto and maytech 30A esc
Multiwii Y4 Tricopter HD (6 min 1 sec)

I using Maytech 30A (bought direct from www.maytech.cn ). Turnigy plush esc for me works poor in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5OT9hh5_5Y
asteroidas is offline Find More Posts by asteroidas
Last edited by asteroidas; Nov 05, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2011, 10:25 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2011
220 Posts
I'm using the avroto motors on my flat octo and they work well. Using turnigy k-force 40 esc.

Also using apc 12x3.8 props

Good luck on your build
Dbasileccim is offline Find More Posts by Dbasileccim