SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2011, 06:32 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
Discussion
HK Board Vibration issues with larger props

First of all I have to admit that this is my first multicoper project. I am quite impressed because it turned out to be a lot easier to handle than one of my helicopters. All components are from HK, inckuding the frame. The DIY shops are not that well equipped here, like in other countries. But today I would prefer to have a self build frame.

But lets move to my problem. I started using 9x6 propeller which worked quite well with my 1100kv motors. Unfortunately I broke two of them and ran out of spare. I had stock of two other sizes, 8x4 and 10x6 (I believe). There was always a slight issue between front and rear, this axis was slightly oscillating. After changing to the 10x6 the quadcopter was oscillating and ticking in any direction, almost uncontrollable. Balancing the props again and again didnt really help.

In my desperation I tried the 8x4, which are for sure too small I thougt. But to my surprise, it flies better than ever before. But I am missing the punch.

So I wonder what you guys are using or doing to cancel the vibration? This lower vibrations from slower spinning props with more mass seem to be the main issue.

I tried some sticky foam tape but it didnt help. Now my board is mountes with screws with some silicon tube.

Any recommendation ar highly appreciated
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Last edited by HolgiB; Nov 05, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts