SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:48 PM
Norcross, GA
Joined Dec 2005
281 Posts
Discussion
Haiyin LiPo Batteries

Has anyone tried these LiPo batteries? They have a full page ad in this months Model Airplane News.(pg 112)

http://www.haiyinstore.com/default.asp?
ggroyal1117 is offline Find More Posts by ggroyal1117
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2011, 06:27 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
I am in contact with the manufacturer. They gave me a handful of them for testing. So far I am pretty pleased.
But there will be an official introduction of the manufacturer with further details soon.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:39 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,482 Posts
I met them in Shanghai in Sept for the Shanghai Int Model Expo. They made some claims that were a bit much. Not proper for me to go into any details, I will say that I look forward to see the long term testing as this is where the quality of the product will be determined. Most packs looks good at first then after 30-50 flights they are pretty much shot. Most won't even make 100.

Julez, do you have the ability to test for actual capacity and C rating?
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2011, 04:44 AM
Horizonfinder
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Julez is correct, more details will be coming very soon on RC Groups.
RC Accessory is also right, only long term testing can confirm real quality!
All stated specs are honest, please feel free to test actual capacity and C rating according to manufacturer's standards.
Horizonfinder is offline Find More Posts by Horizonfinder
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:15 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,667 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing some more testing and reports from users. I'd like very much to purchase 4 4S5000 packs for my pattern plane if things look promising.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:32 AM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonfinder View Post
...please feel free to test actual capacity and C rating according to manufacturer's standards.
I assume you are a representative of the manufacturer. Could you provide details of the "manufacturer's standards" you use to determine capacity and C rating? Many of us here would be interested to see what those test procedures are. We have been asking for something like that for a long time, but (as far as I know) no such thing has ever been published.

Thank you.
Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
As a surfacer, I use 3s 5K. Looks like these will be too wide at 52mm.
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:01 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,840 Posts
It would be interesting to know how many manufactures were out there.
Like back in the day when I sold electronics there were only a handfull of manufactures that made all the vcrs mybe times have changed as it was along time ago.
I also wounder what drives the lipo world.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1