SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Suggestion
Regarding J Bourkes explanation of prohibited language

In another thread, J Bourke explains the usage of the 'swearing emoticon' thusly...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...11&postcount=2

By this reckoning, it seems perfectly legitimate to refer to someone as a mother

Surely, this can not be right.

Are we really sure we want to open this door?
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 11:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
By taking the stand that an easily recognizable phrase such as "Frankly my dear, I don't give a " is ok, whilst "Frankly my dear, I don't give a d***" is an offense (assuming for the purposes of explanation that 'damn' was a prohibited word, of course), then we must also look to other popular and well understood phrases such as "What the were you thinking???" as being allowable, while "W** were you thinking???" is verboten.

This latest decision, Mr. Bourke, is going to be exploited to the hilt, and cause many problems.

Just my humble opinion, and nothing more. As always I will defer to your decisions. But maybe this needs rethinking?
Old Nov 05, 2011, 12:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
I can see many posters responding to contrary viewpoints in threads with "Kiss my " whereas before, "Kiss my a**" would have earned them a warning point.

Good lord, the list goes on and on....

Respectfully,

Chuck