HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:45 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Finally got a temporary working machine so have been able to scan a few more.
Got hold of a few old M.A.N and American Modeler mags so will be posting from these as well. 50+ might have posted some that I will be posting but just in case those I post will be full sized with full documentation.

Model Aircraft August 1950

Smoothie 44" Span FF wakefield rubber powered

Thunderbolt 28" Soan C/L Scale P47N Thunderbolt posted at
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=626

Model Aircraft October 1960

Fevair 48" span FF rubber powered wakefield

Model Airplane News November 1957

Profile Silviare
33" span profile semi scale FF or U control posted at

Sure Fun 37" span C/L ( J Roberts flight control system ) sport posted at

Zyphyr 29" span FF rubber

Model Airplane News January 1958

1957 Mulvihill winner 47.5" span FF rubber

Comper Swift 40" span FF scale

Lieutenant 48" span C/L stunt posted at
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jan 13, 2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: wrong date for MAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
Going to the January 1971 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring Woodford’s “MISS AEROMODELLER 1970” LINDA STAFFORD posing with John O’Donnell’s Wakefield “SLOW COACH”.

The first free flight plan is a very nice scale MILES M.5 SPARROWHAWK by D.M. COLLIN.

The original model was powered by D.C DART .5cc diesel and featured pendulum control but flight trials showed it to be both unstable and underpowered.

A switch to .75cc or 1cc diesel and a fixed rudder solved all the problems resulting in a model that flys well and looks great in the air. The plan is 1/7th full size.

Of 351/2 inch wingspan the construction article has all the details.

Next to a quick “Chuck” glider by Canadian E. AVORY. TRIBUTE is just 15in span and the designer said at 15gramms is very sensitive to lift and prone to O.O.S. flights.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and the SEPCAT “JAGUAR” with drawings by C.J.NICHOLS.

Cheers
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Jan 07, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:29 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Truly a thing of beauty that Sparrowhawk.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:34 PM
AMA 179
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2007
103 Posts
Nice plans and scans Aeromeddeler! Especially like the Smoothie. I was wondering if there might be the possibility of posting these files with titles lending themselves to easy filing, such as: "Smoothie 44-inch Span FF wakefield rubber 1950" This would avoid much renaming when sorting them out.
Luckyducky is offline Find More Posts by Luckyducky
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:39 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducky View Post
Nice plans and scans Aeromeddeler! Especially like the Smoothie. I was wondering if there might be the possibility of posting these files with titles lending themselves to easy filing, such as: "Smoothie 44-inch Span FF wakefield rubber 1950" This would avoid much renaming when sorting them out.
Cripes. Aw, look now I've just spat my coffee out all over my keyboard.

Nice work, Aeromeddler. Good to have you back.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:18 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducky View Post
Two problems with long names
1 Look at some of 50+ posts in the vintage group the ones with long names are unreadable due to the names overlapping. Plus if you use a download manager you get.
Ace%20of%20Diamonds%2036in%20SS%20pusher%20with%20 Warren-Young%20wing%20George%20Wools%20Aeromodeller%20195 8%2008
2. As the must build list gets longer the time you have left to build them gets shorter. The MAN mag posted below required over twenty pages to be scanned to produce the three files. Each one has to be straightend,cut and pasted to reduce the text to 3 or 4 pages and the plan has to be scaled. Then the whole lot is converted to a PDF to fit the upload. Plus I am a terrubbule speler.

Model Airplane News January 1959

Satellite 600 64" Span FF Pylon model

Wee Champion 21" span rubber powered scale Aeronca Champion FF

Supermarine S6B 29.5" span C/L scale posted at

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=627
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Going this time to the January 1972 AEROMODELLER with the cover showing an actual Hot Air balloon scending during the flying display of the Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden UK.

In fact the plans to pass along from this issue are for MIDAIR by S.T.MIDSON.

MIDAIR is a three foot diameter Hot Air Balloon giving 24 cubic foot capacity.

A 11/2 minute burn on a still air day will get you to some 300 feet in altitude. All the details are in the construction article and on the working drawings. Certainly an intriguing model to make.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and A.A.P. LLOYD takes a detailed look at the OR-65-2 OWL RACER.

Cheers

Algy
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
problems with long names

a: I have downloaded every one of your postings and I am verry happy with the way you are doing them. The little extra work I spend filing them keeps me out of the pool hall I can't thank you enough for all of the work you are doing.
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

HI,
This time to the February 1971 AEROMODELLER. The cover features H.C QUEK’S semi scale YAK 9D Control Line Stunt Model.

This issue has two full size free flight plans the first being the delightful rubber powered ORLIK. Designed by MIROSLAV ROHLENA the simple 331/2 inch is a cabin model with a good performance.

Next is LITTLE DEER by JACK ALLEN. Jack said he was inspired after attending the 1969 World Champs and seeing KARL RIEKES unusual high mounted tail plane model.

Of 291/2 inch wingspan the original was powered by a .5cc engine . All the details are in the construction article.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and a close look is taken at the DORNIER DO-X a twelve engined 1926 flying boat.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:38 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Model Aircraft July 1960

Loopstick 49" span FF sport

Kentish Wind 52" span C/L stunt posted at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=633

Model Aircraft August 1960

Cessna 210 another of Ray Malmstom`s minature gliders

Poppet 37"span FF sportster

Long John 42" span C/L F.A.I. class team racer posted at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=633

Model Aircraft September 1960

Indoor Hand Launched glider article with plan for 17" span glider
Last edited by aeromeddeler; Jan 14, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add cessna
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:20 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
MAN July 1958

Mini Missile 3.75" span FF jetex 50

Swif-f-ft 22.75" span FF jetex 150 and Swif-f-ft 17.5" span FF jetex 50

Whatizit 37" span C/l stunt http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=637

Sport Coupe[/B] 31.75" span sport and stunt C/L http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=637
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
92 Posts
Same name, different model

Nothing against the Smoothie in post #796, but Hank Cole's Smoothie, also a rubber model, beats it in a beauty contest.
aaron_jeffrey is offline Find More Posts by aaron_jeffrey
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:23 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Model Aircraft September 1950

Hyperion 71" span A2 class Sailplane

Mustang IV 30" span FF rubber scale

Model Aircraft April 1961

1/2A Wunda 34" span FF for .049 power class

Coy Kat 54" span C/L stunt http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=638

M.A.N. May 1959

SE5 41" span FF scale

Pied Piper 30" span C/L Rat Racer http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=638

Starfire 13" span semi scale whip control http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=638
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:46 AM
Joined Sep 2011
67 Posts
Meadowlark Minor and Bi-Star

Here are joined versions of Meadowlark Minor and Bi-Star uploaded by Algy

Roger
rogerc41 is offline Find More Posts by rogerc41
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:38 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Going to the March 1971 AEROMODELLER in search of Free Flight Plans.

The cover features the YAK 18 PS flown by IGOR EGOROV winner of the Individual Would Championships at R.A.F Hullavington 1970 plus the YA8 PM flown to individual Woman’s Championship by Miss SAVITSKAYA.

One free flight plan to be found in this issue and it’s a scale FAIRY BARRACUDA from WW11.

Designed by PHIL McALROY it’s of 32 inch wingspan and powered by a Mills .75cc diesel.

Phil said the model is near scale and designed for flying over rough ground. The plan is to 1/8th scale.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and the YAKOVLEN YAK 18PM & PS by JOHN BLAKE with scale drawings by P. LlOYD.

Roger thanks for joining up the BI STAR and MEADOWLARK MINOR plans. As I mentioned, when making the post, the Meadowlark proved to be a great R/C trainer and happily trundled about the sky as I tried to work out which way it was heading and what to do next.

Cheers

Algy