HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
[QUOTE=locktumbler;23308228]SteveWMD,
Can do on the rest of the book. I see what you mean about the print from the other page showing through, I'll try some things.

To stop the pages showing through back then up with some black paper. works great every time.

Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
To the December 1995 AEROMODELLER with the cover showing RICHARD CROSSLEY’S superb JUNKERS JU88 NIGHTFIGHTER which placed 2nd in the UK Open Rubber Class at Interscale 95.

It's almost Christmas time so this months seasonal plan will see Santa take to the skies in model form.

JOHN WATSON came up with both a rubber powered Santa and a gliding “Stocking Filler” festive card.

Next was ELECTRLIGHT by BERT BURBY. It was an attempt by BERT to develop a simple design for cheaper electric motors.

In 1995 it was entirely successful by using a Tandy 99c Superjack fed by three cells from a Radioshack PP3 rechargeable. Sate of the art back then.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Aug 2006
101 Posts
Prince Hal son of King Harry

found it
RandyW is offline Find More Posts by RandyW
Last edited by RandyW; Nov 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM. Reason: found it
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:06 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Aeromodeller May 1964

Had a request for Wishbone so have posted plus the other plan from this issue

Simplex 36" span all sheet balsa R/C for rough field flying. Wing and tailplane are sheet balsa dimensions are given on the plan

Wishbone 78" span A2 FF glider to A/2 specifications.
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Wishbone Article and Plans

Aeromeddler.....Well done on the "Wishbone" A2 plans and article. The information is of great interest and value to my winter building program.
Rudder_Bug52 is offline Find More Posts by Rudder_Bug52
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:53 PM
AMA 179
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2007
100 Posts
Satellite 1000 Class C gas FF 1970

This gas FF set so many records and championships, it was designed and flown by Bob and Bill Hunter. I watched the first versions fly in 1959 and it later went through many versions. This version is 1970. Take careful note of the exquisite construction - light, strong - I apply these principles to my building projects. Too bad the full size plans are not available anymore in hard copy.
Luckyducky is offline Find More Posts by Luckyducky
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time it's the November 1983 issue of AEROMODELLER.

The cover showed the ever popular tailless models at the Aeromodeller Vintage day at Old Warden UK in August of that year.

The first plan to be featured was found in the Free Flight Scene column by DAVE HIPPERSON. It was JOHN CARTER’S Open Glider HOUR GLASS.

Working drawings plus full size airfoil sections were given.

To the MIG 25 FOXBAT by HUGH JACKSON. This is a highly unusual composite construction Peanut scale rubber model.

Actually looking at the plan it is hard to believe it is a Peanut model. It looks much larger.

Full details are in the construction article and trimming calls for patience and calm conditions.

Next was SHINDON an unusual all sheet canard for rubber or CO2 designed by GLYN GUEST.

This is semi scale based on the WW11 Japanese Kyushu J7W1 Shinden which did actually fly in prototype form.

Glyn said it is unusual in both appearance and flight characteristics which are fast and spectacular.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and CHARLES CAIN casts his eagle eye over the AUSTER J/5 AUTOCAR a British light plane that would make an ideal modelling subject.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Nov 23, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
Algy2, any chance of the Red Arrows Hawk plan - I learnt to fly control-line with that model.
Thanks in advance
sippy is offline Find More Posts by sippy
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Jul 2009
69 Posts
I'm fairly sure I have a copy of that plan : if you want to copy it let me know
FLatspin7 is offline Find More Posts by FLatspin7
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Hi,
I posted the Red Arrows plan in the Control Line Plans thread a few days ago.

That was the logical place to put it.

Cheers

Algy.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:10 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,227 Posts
Polikarpov I-185 Peanut plan (13 inch span).
T. Ross recently developd this plan in a HPA forum thread.
The 13" plan includes a page for parts templates.

There was also a Pistachio (8") version but I did not see a high quality version. The main difference in the 8" version is smaller wood and fewer wing ribs.

I'll also add some other I-185 files.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
To the April 1942 issue of AEROMODELLER.

The first free flight plan to be found in this edition is LONACH 1 a 42 inch high speed semi scale low wing for fighter.

This is the work of G.F. PERRY and features Geodetic construction. It has a high wing loading and the designer said a gloss finish should see speeds of up to 50 M.P.H. Cricks.!!

The construction method results in a work- of-art structure that would be a shame to cover .

Next to ANABASIS by W.G. SNOW. This is a interesting looking 26 inch wingspan rubber model with a twin fin tail. The half size plan has full size rib patterns so easy to enlarge for building.

There was also a not previously posted RON WARRING glider plan.The 48” SPAN TOWLINE GLIDER.

No construction article but all the information needed is on the plan.

The final subject was a very nice looking scale BREWSTER “BUFFALO”

Designed by W.R.JONES to give a fair performance and still retain the scale lines of the full size machine he said the construction has been kept as simple as possible.

The plan has been printed full size on six sheets so easy to join up.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and the REID AND the SIGRIST TRAINER or SNARGASHER.

One I have never heard off before, it was a three-seat twin motor trainer. Certainly would make a great model.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined May 2011
48 Posts
That Lonarch1 is a stunning looking airframe.
sippy is offline Find More Posts by sippy
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time going to the October 1992 AEROMODELLER with the cover showing JOHN STROUD cranking up his PAW 69 TBR Diesel powered “UNLIKELY” Vintage control liner.

In fact the full size plans were to be found inside and I have posted them on the Control Line plans thread.

One Free Flight offering to pass along and it’s BABY BUZZARD by BRIAN FAULKNER.

This is a very nice A/O class Hi-Start or Tow Line glider . It features an Auto Rudder and D/T and on it’s first contest flight hooker a thermal and drifted away gaining height all the time.

Full building and trimming details are in the article.

Cheers

Algy
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
a very nice looking scale BREWSTER “BUFFALO”
Designed by W.R.JONES to give a fair performance and still retain the scale lines of the full size machine he said the construction has been kept as simple as possible.
The plan has been printed full size on six sheets so easy to join up.
Algy
Here is Algy's Brewster Buffalo, joined and cleaned

Roger
rogerc41 is offline Find More Posts by rogerc41