SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:06 AM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Good post, aeromeddeler! I especially like the Challenger...... but is there an article to go with it? I would presume that the turtledeck would be semicircular, which would carry on to the cowl, but no fuz formers are shown. Interesting 'knock off' power unit as well, by the looks of it!!
Article is P.2 of the plans PDF.
Yep, semicircles above the thrust line are called for on the plans.
hoffboy is online now Find More Posts by hoffboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:45 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy View Post
Article is P.2 of the plans PDF.
Whoops! I hereby declare myself An Idiot Of The First Order...!
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

HI,
To the SEPTEMBER 2000 issue of AEROMODELLER with the cover showing a super detailed Peanut scale SANTOS-DUMENT by RAY ASHBY.

Firstly to ALEX IMRIE’S Vintage Corner. Alex devoted most of this ever popular feature to the classic Vintage C.E. BOWDEN design the “BOWDEN CONTEST”.

This plan has already been posted by AEROMEDDELER here along with other Bowden designs:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...534053&page=45

And a very clean copy of the plan can be found here on “OUTERZONE”

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/download_...lan.asp?ID=890

But I have scanned ALEX’S article because it gives much useful information and some nice clear photos for any would be builder. Should look a treat in the air.

Next from the quite large to the very small and DAVE LINSTRUM’S Pistachio 1922 SWISS DORNIER FALKE.

I have never built this small but it looks to be the ideal introduction to the world of good eye sight, tweezers and a steady hand.

The original was a post WW1 single seat fighter of German design with the prototype being assembled in Switzerland.

The article gives all details on building and trimming including moulding your own propeller blades around a 3” diameter cylinder.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Last edited by algy2; Oct 31, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:12 PM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Whoops! I hereby declare myself An Idiot Of The First Order...!
You just got excited and went off half cocked.
hoffboy is online now Find More Posts by hoffboy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time it’s the February 1997 issue of AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring a lovely example of stringered fuselage construction with ANDERCRAFT’S rubber powered PILATUS PC-9A scale kit.

To the first free flight plan and it was PICCOLO a P30 by GEORGE CAR.

George said the P30 class is the ideal way to get into competition free flight and his model, not requiring elaborate skills, is ideal for a beginner.

Slightly different versions have been built and all have flown well. Full details are given in the construction article.

PIP was the next free flight offering being a pretty little 27 inch span sports model for electric or small diesel power.

Its’ the work of COLIN E. READ who said he was inspired by the many such designs from the 1950’s

It really is an attractive model, of conventional construction, so should present no problems for most builders.

Finally to the maestro of fun models RAY MALMSTROM and his teeny biplane the TINY BEE.

Wingspan is only 5 ĺ inches so it might just fit in your back pocket.

Your advised again to build light and although designed for indoor flying Ray said it will fly outdoors on a calm day. Should be fun trying to find in the tall grass!

Cheers

Algy
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:42 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
HI,
To the SEPTEMBER 2000 issue of AEROMODELLER

Cheers

Algy
Algy, any chance please that you can upload a scan of the RTP autogyro from the September 2000 Aeromodeller as previous RTP plans have proved to be quite popular in this thread and I have recently uploaded the Electric Round the Pole flying book to Hippocket . Bit to big for this thread 4.4meg
http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...p?cat_id=100&s essionid=f68751cc277d184d5217c793cd58feef
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:52 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Model Aircraft June 1950

Torpedo 38" span Wakefield FF rubber power

Miles Magister 52" span Scale FF

Tycoon 37" span C/L stunt - posted in C/L thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=540
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:34 AM
Vertically Challenged...
Ash Vale Hampshire UK
Joined Jul 2004
345 Posts
Thanks aeromeddler,

That Magister would make a great electric job!

Bert
Cody's Neighbour is offline Find More Posts by Cody's Neighbour
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:34 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi.
To the January 1988 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring BARRY HETHERINGTON holding aloft his splendid DEWOITINE 510 winner of the 1988 nationals rubber scale event.

Firstly it’s ADONIS by GEOFFREY ARCHER . ADONIS is an F1A contest glider with Geoffrey giving much thought to designing a model capable of giving a top performance even without a great deal of practice by the flyer. Wingspan is 80 inches.

Next to electric flight which was just beginning to become practical in the 1980’s and IAN JAMES’S ZWEIFLEI.

This is a F/F twin especially for the MABUCHI A1 units that had just then appeared on the market.

Construction is not involved and it would great a deal of interest on the local flying field. With today’s modern electric power set ups you should get a great performance.

Next to a another great BARRY HETHERINGTON scale design and the CO2 STINSON TRI MOTOR U a classic 1930’s American airliner.

This model was specifically designed for use in serious competition flying to SMAE rules.

The plan is full size and the accompanying article gives full details on building and trimming/flying.

It would be ideal for electric conversion.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Nov 10, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Sep 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
Hi.

Firstly itís ADONIS by GEOFFREY ARCHER . ADONIS is an F1A contest glider with Geoffrey giving much thought to designing a model capable of giving a top performance even without a great deal of practice by the flyer.
The wingspan is not given so any help in that direction would be much appreciated.

Algy
According to the SAM 1066 David Baker Heritage Library (Magazines) list at www.sam1066.org/mags.xls
the Adonis wingspan is 80 inches

Roger
rogerc41 is offline Find More Posts by rogerc41
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Hi Roger,
Thanks very much for your quick replay in regard to the wingspan of the ADONIS F1A Contest Glider being 80 inches.

I have amended my post. Amazing you can pull up stuff like that so fast for a 1980s model.

Cheers

Algy
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:04 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,609 Posts
According to my original plan the span is 79" as measured .. but what's an inch between friends .......
Applehoney is offline Find More Posts by Applehoney
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Where going this time to the May 1990 issue of AEROMODELLER. On the cover is DAVE CLARKSON holding his entry, with engine screaming full chat, in the 1989 slow power event at the UK Free Flight Championships.

Full size plans were to be found in this edition for an improved tailless rubber powered vintage model PIPISTRALLE by ANDREW LOGHURST.

The original PIPISTRALLE was a famous GEORGE WOOLLS design that flew very well and impressed all with it’s stability.

But Andrew found when built the model lacked performance in the glide.So he “breathed” on it ending up with a model capable of two-minutes-plus.

The very detailed build article makes for interesting reading as he explains what he did to the original structure and why. He also added a D/T.

Andrew said his version is so simple to build and fly that no one could resist it.

Finally to a lot of fun for very little effort.

IAN EDIN presents his ozone-friendly catapult glider the CFC GULL. All parts are cut from 4mm foam for virtually no expense so it’s time to start hacking up the redundant food packaging trays from the supermarket.
Plan is full size.

Cheers

Algy
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

HI,
Christmas time 1989 with the December issue of AEROMODELLER and on the cover is BEARNARD SEALE with is massive MILES M20 control line scale model at Barkston Heath UK.

A sleek semi-scale sports rubber model to be found in this issue with the fuselage constructed from a slightly unusual material, Litho plate.

Itís BARRY SIMS 32 inch wingspan TEKFIRE and in the accompanying construction article he fully describes how he evolved a practical way to use Litho plate and then cover the flying surfaces with Litespan.

Just shows what you can achieve when you think a little outside the box. The method could be used on other scale models to good effect.

Cheers

Algy
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined May 2008
84 Posts
Anyone got a copy of 'The Hawk' from the June 1969 issue of the Aeromodeller? I believe it was a sort of 'Ebenezer' style Curtiss P-6E Hawk.
Many thanks in advance if someone does have a copy.
locktumbler is offline Find More Posts by locktumbler