SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 11:17 AM
Brighto?
United States, DE, Newark
Joined Dec 2003
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire View Post
Wasn't there a story about a guy who won 1st place in Peanut Scale at the Nationals with a little glow engine powered XB-70? Apparently there was nothing in the rules at the time that specified that your peanut had to be rubber powered.
Sal Taibi with one of his kit XB-70's. Might have been the Dallas Nats in 64.
Mike Denest is offline Find More Posts by Mike Denest
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:53 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,340 Posts
Thanks Mike.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Kuosma videos and plans

Enjoy!

Will add the files when the uploader is working again

Sorry they are a bit disjointed. Struggling to find a way to upload the videos.

Videos can be found here:

http://botnelahti.pp.fi/Video/Lennokit%20ym./
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic
Last edited by Modelholic; Jun 08, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:42 AM
Norham West Australia
Joined Jul 2010
81 Posts
Looking forward to it,.Modelholic, really like the looks of the Gull. Stephen.
tinklewood is offline Find More Posts by tinklewood
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:48 AM
AMA 179
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2007
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelholic View Post
Enjoy!

Will add the files when the uploader is working again
Even though I like to browse through the plans here and download them, I am dismayed that this ONE plan amounts to more than 20 megs, when it shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 megs. Simply because a person can bypass the PDF file size limit doesn't make it right, especially for viewers accessing this forum via low-bandwidth connections.

I'd suggest not abusing the system in this manner, before site SysAdmins decide to simply delete these excessively large files.
Luckyducky is offline Find More Posts by Luckyducky
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:09 PM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,251 Posts
Whoa! Some absolutely beautiful plans in there. Thanks for posting. I'll take that kind of abuse any day

Luckyducky - it's not one plan, it's ten.
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:34 PM
Norham West Australia
Joined Jul 2010
81 Posts
I agree WMD.Thank you for those Modelholic. Stephen.
tinklewood is offline Find More Posts by tinklewood
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:55 PM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Well if you like the plans you really ought to take some time to view the videos:
Langatonta Lennatysta
Salakka
Tiira Lennokit 1
Tiira Lennokit 2
Vesivempeleet
to see the planes in action. Wonderful videos that are evocative of all that's good and traditional about real aeromodelling. All in a wonderful setting.
Sorry they won't be for you Luckyducky - they are truly large files 50Mb plus.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 07:23 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Even though I like to browse through the plans here and download them, I am dismayed that this ONE plan amounts to more than 20 megs, when it shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 megs. Simply because a person can bypass the PDF file size limit doesn't make it right, especially for viewers accessing this forum via low-bandwidth connections.
You'd also need "Photoshop" Luckyducky as the zipped files are in Tiff format.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Jun 10, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
To the December 1994 AEROMODELLER with the cover showing Wendy and Sara Kneebone holding a West Wings Olympian and Topaz with the Sapphire on the ground in front..

Firstly to ALEX IMRIE’s Vintage Corner Colum where a rare one indeed is featured. It is the Skyscout rubber duration model from 1935. Of 28 inch wingspan the article tells of the tracking down of the plan and the discovery that full-size drawings were available.

Next to a scale profile rubber model of the SOPWITH 1.Ĺ STRUTTER by TREVOR FALKNER.

It’s simple to build and Trevor said it is the ideal introduction to a profile bipe.

Finally to one of the models featured on the cover. This is the attractive TOPAZ by PETER SHEPPARD.

Topaz is a high wing sports model that is equally at home flying in or outdoors. Once again make efforts to build lightly and good flying model will be yours..

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Jun 11, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Staying in the 90ís and the January 1990 edition of Aeromodeller.
The cover shows Japanís HIROMITSU YOKOE with his own-design Kawasaki Hein Gold Trophy entry in the 1989 UK Control Line Championships.

To the full size foldout plan and itís JIM LATHAMíS neat between-wars HENKEL HE51 Fighter.

To scale, for CO2 power, this really is an attractive subject of conventional construction to give a light but strong model.

Jim said if flown in right hand circles under power and glide itís a docile performer.

Next to AIRCRAFT DESCIBED and the very acrobatic YAK 55 with PETER Lloydsí superb drawings and full details.

Cheers

Algy
Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
To the April 1985 Aeromodeller where as the cover states it was a special Tiger Moth issue.

It contained a special feature on building both of the Aeromodeller Tiger Mothe plans both of which have been posted before. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=29 and here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=316

Also in this issue was a simple 171/2 inch span rubber powered model by RICHARD PRESTON.

This was PLACID an attractive one piece cabin model that Richard said is very stable and forgiving in flight.

Next to the full size fold out plan for MINI MAGNET by PETER DOLBY.

It’s a lightweight magnetic steered glider something I have never seen but only read about before.

The article explains how it works. I believe it is popular in the UK and Europe.

Peter said it the model is easy to build and trim out on a calm day but warns that this form of model flying is addictive. Fascinating stuff.

To a very very early form of free flight the BOOMERANG. The original stone age designer's name was not recorded but it was developed in various forms in a few countries and still with us today.

MICHAEL HANSON invites you to go walkabout with this practical approach to the Boomerang.

Trimming is exciting and if you get it right you will never be able to get rid of it.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and the De Havilland D 82A TIGER MOTH by STUART McKAY secretary of the UK MOTH CLUB.

It really is a detailed look which I have had to split into to PDF files.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Jun 14, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:46 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Interestingly the cover picture of the Tiggie was also used for the July 2002 Flying Scale Models, then published by Model Activity Press. Apparently a 1970's painting by Laurie Bagley.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
607 Posts
Some more plans from the pages of Model Aircraft. as usual C/l plans posted on C/lL thread, or if already posted link to plan on outerzone.

Model Aircraft November 1955

Albatros D.V. 20"span FF
Macchi C250V 21" Span C/L I have already posted this a copy can be found at http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=531
Article on Ornithopters with plan for model illustrated. 32" span

Model aircraft March 1956

Holte Broussard Plan and construction article - 64" span F/F scale model for2.5cc engines.
Opel Hatry Plan and construction article - 15" span scale model of the worlds first jet for Jetex 50
Two seat Hunter - Article and 3 view
Zephyr Plan and construction article - 38" span C/L stunt for 2.5cc engines http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=404

Model Aircraft May 1956

Isotope 44" span power duration

also in this issue were DE Haviland Heron a 64" span multi engine scale C/L posted http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=391 and Kestrel a 30" span C/L team Racer posted http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1785

Model Aircraft September 1956

12 Chuck Glider plans

Helio Courier 39" span Scale FF

DH Chipmunk 40" span scale C/L http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=404
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:03 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Dornier plans

Hey Folks,
I hope everybody is doing well.
Wanted to throw out a quick request for Dornier Do.17 and/or Do.215 plans.

There was a small jpg. put up ages ago on the vintage thread but it is too small to do anything with. It came from Aeromodeller but the jpg. is so small I can't read the date.

Another Dornier came from Model Aircraft - but again, I don't have a date. If I remember correctly, I had seen an advert. for it from a page of the Nov.1962 Model Aircraft... which leads me to believe that it was in a mag before that date??? I also think it was a Control Line model?

Gluehand and any other Swedes & Norwegians out there... Happy Mid-Sommer next Friday.
Later, Swankee

AeroMed... Good stuff! Thanks
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee