HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:22 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,544 Posts
Algy: If you hit the 'Edit' button at the bottom of the first post, you can delete the content. You have to leave summat in there, so most just put a couple of full stops.

Two excellent plans, by the way!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Thanks Colonel Blink,

I managed to erase it ok using a few full stops. You learn something new every day.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:36 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,217 Posts
Another thing you could have done is Edit the original post and add the attachments there. I'm sure I've done that once or twice.

Some other forums also allow you to completely remove a post.
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:20 PM
skumgummi dave
Gresham, OR.
Joined Mar 2004
1,847 Posts
Algy2:

Thanks for the plans. They are both good lookers. I found out my self the other day when adding attachments that you can edit your first post and add attachments to it in the advanced mode. Then re-save the edited post and it will have the attached files in it. Hope that helps...

Dave-
foamdave is offline Find More Posts by foamdave
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
Back to the 60’s and the April 1961 AEROMODELLER. with the cover showing a Lockheed P2V-7 Neptune of the US Navy flying along the Californian Coast.

This was also C/L scale build article and plan to be found inside It has already been posted by Ray and can be found here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...65873&page=353

Next going indoors and a very useful article on making Microfilm and build instructions and plan for a 35 cm class model designed by European Champion LEIF ENGLUND.

It won the 1960 indoor contest held in Helsinki, Finland. Leif said it is the ideal introduction to the fascinating art of Microfilm and capable of over 14 minuets.

This was followed by the B-70 VALKYRIE a “Low Budget” all sheet semi scale Delta for .8cc motors.

Designer BOB LYNN said the model will take a lot of punishment and give hours of fun flying.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and the BLACKBURN AIREDALE a three seat Fleet spotter dating from 1926.

It has an unusual wing outline and would make a great scale subject for free flight.

Cheers

Algy
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:49 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,268 Posts
Neptune P2Vs are making news at the moment. One went down on Sunday fighting a fire in Utah. Not through any fault of the plane of course.
Trisquire is offline Find More Posts by Trisquire
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:29 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Algy2
Thanks for your postings
Rick
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
double post
Last edited by rick.benjamin; Jun 05, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:09 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,595 Posts
Gonna be hard to figure out just what happened, since the fire they were fighting consumed the plane.

I find the media quite humorous. The news article stated the P2V had been modified with the installation of jet engines, to increase the load of retardant. Last time I noticed, the P2V's were jetted-up while still serving in the Navy.

Got to see a LOT of P2V action, last year, when Texas was trying to burn up. Sure is a sweet bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire View Post
Neptune P2Vs are making news at the moment. One went down on Sunday fighting a fire in Utah. Not through any fault of the plane of course.
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,268 Posts
I bet that was something to see.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:07 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
Hi,

This was followed by the B-70 VALKYRIE a “Low Budget” all sheet semi scale Delta for .8cc motors.

Designer BOB LYNN said the model will take a lot of punishment and give hours of fun flying.

Cheers

Algy
The article must have been scanned as an 8 x 17 but appears as an 8x 11 with the right side cut off on my computer. Could you post page 2?

Thanks,

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:26 PM
Intermediate Multi
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
3,268 Posts
Wasn't there a story about a guy who won 1st place in Peanut Scale at the Nationals with a little glow engine powered XB-70? Apparently there was nothing in the rules at the time that specified that your peanut had to be rubber powered.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:28 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,595 Posts
For a fact, it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire View Post
I bet that was something to see.
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:04 PM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor View Post
The article must have been scanned as an 8 x 17 but appears as an 8x 11 with the right side cut off on my computer. Could you post page 2?
Thanks,
Pete G.
Pete
Page 203 is included in the pdf as page 2
Rick
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
Looking at two issues of AEROMODELLER the NOVEMBER 1963 and SEPTEMBER 1991.

The 1963 cover features Derl Morley holding aloft his very successful Open Rubber design. Of 48 inch wingspan it took out many events during 1963.

An article by Finland’s KAUKO KUOSMA gave an depth look at free flight model flying boat designs together with two plans.

The first is GULL a very attractive gull wing flying boat of 63 inch wingspan having a fast climb out and nice slow glide.

The other model designed and described by Kauko is SEAL a 491/2 inch wing span bi-plane ..

To September 1991 with the cover showing a beautifully built scale rubber Hawker Demon from the Model Shop plans.

It’s builder, ALISDAIR IMRIE, took out top spot at the Scale Weekend that year at Old Warden.

One free flight full size plan in this issue and it’s DAVE CLARKSON’S “SLOW 400” a Slow Open Power model for 2.5 to 3.5cc motors.

The construction article is very detailed and advise is even offered on trimming and the best way to fly contests.

Finally back to the 63 edition and to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED where J.H. ROBINSON looks in detail at the SPEEED KING SK3 JUPITER.

It's yet another fascinating 1930’s racer with a long sleek fuselage and the obligatory tiny wings

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Jun 08, 2012 at 05:14 AM.