Quote:
Originally Posted by Swankee View Post
Hey Pete -
Here is the one Viking that I know of, posted over on the vintage plans forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6&postnum=3384

Same Plane but not the "Astral" plan.

Thank you all and have a great night folks,
Swankee
Thank you Swankee. That is a pretty nice plan. Guess I missed it because it was for a 'Round the Pole' design, but it looks adaptable.

Pete G.
P_J_Glor is offline Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Pete - if you look at the article that Algy has kindly posted (did I miss Part 1?), Doug McHard says:

" ...for many years I had wondered just how this unique CH Saunders designed twin stacked up against the other well known Astral twins, all of which were designed by H J Towner."

Did you specify Towner in your search?
Thank you Colonel. First I did specify "Towner" but then I just specified "Viking" and then "Vickers." So if the Saunders designed model was in the plan database, it should have come up. I will try again, though, on "Saunders."

Pete G.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
Sorry about missing out on posting article one by Doug McHard on his search for the ASTRAL kit of the VICKERS VIKING.

I had scanned both the article and the plan from the June 1997 AEROMODELLER. Then forgot to add it in with my posting of that issue. Even after I had described it in my intro. Oh well the years advance and take there toll.

So here is the missing article and the very rare plan.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:44 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Austin Whippet

Mr. Hogal -
Once again the "Hogalization" of the Whippet has turned out amazing! Thank You.

I wish you good luck and loads of fun on your "tour de Deutschland". Personally I can't even think about sitting on a bike for three weeks... Ouch.
If you're ever biking on the West coast of Sweden - stop by and I'll treat you to a beer

When you get back - I would like to request a copy of your color plan as well. They are works of art.
Be well my friend and we will all see you here next month.
Swankee
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Looking this time at the February 1988 AEROMODELLER.

The cover shows a happy BARRY ROBINSON photographed after the 1987 Gold Trophy competition at the UK Nationals with his stunter Northwind 7.

Firstly looking at a very detailed article on Competition CO2 flying by John Pool.

This comes with three plans and even shows how to carve a very efficient propeller as well as giving tips on getting the best from these fascinating little power plants.

Next to a free full size plan for HIGH STEPPER by PETE BUSKELL.

HIGH STEPPER is a UK Nationals 1/2A power winner and Pete passes along his thinking behind designing this model as well as constructional details.

Finally to ANDY CRIPS TCHIP TCHOP a very competitive F1A Glider. DAVE HIPPERSON in his regular Free flight Scene Colum gave the plan layout details and full size airfoils.

Cheers

Algy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
2 for 2 lets see if 3 is really a charm

Okay folks,

You people have been awe inspiring with regards to requests so far but this next one is gonna throw you for a loop...

I have already looked in the "Aeromodeller Index" and did not see anything for the aircraft I've been looking for (quite a while now).
I have been all over the net doing every search that I can think of, with no results.... so, what is my next request?... drum-roll please...

Boeing 40 AND Boeing 80 plans.

I have a couple "workable" 3views but it will take some imagination to figure out huge chunks of the aircraft. As always - I'm not in a hurry but if somebody has something, I'de love to hear from ya.

And of course... Have a great day people (The Sun is shining here and spring has sprung).
Swankee
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:11 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,399 Posts
You after the 40A or the 40B? I've got some 40A drawings that came from Russia and Wylam did the 40B but I only have pages 3 and 4 of them. They were in MAN 1956. It's up to you if you trust the Wylam drawings. As usual I am happy to scan them for you but it is this coming weekend that I shift house so It will take me a while to unpack and get sorted.

Nev
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time it is back to the 1970’s with the January 1978 issue of AEROMODELLER.

The cover shows a very nicely made 1939 ALPHA CORSIA designed by E.BASHIR and built by DAVID BAKER. Span is 66inches.

To the first article and plan and it was for a very successful A2 Glider by ANDY CRISP the FLASHBACK.

Andy made four Flashbacks’ before arriving at the final layout and representing the UK at the 1977 World Championships.

Finally to FEATHERLITE HELECOPTER a rubber powered helicopter made from, well mostly feathers.

A walk in the woods or your chicken yard should provide you with what you need. If your lucky enough to have Turkeys you can build an A2 version.

Designed by KEITH GEARY it’s an ultra simple devise that can provide hours of fun for virtually no cost.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Apr 15, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:53 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by algy2 View Post
Hi,
Sorry about missing out on posting article one by Doug McHard on his search for the ASTRAL kit of the VICKERS VIKING.

I had scanned both the article and the plan from the June 1997 AEROMODELLER. Then forgot to add it in with my posting of that issue. Even after I had described it in my intro. Oh well the years advance and take there toll.

Cheers

Algy
THANK YOU!!!

Pete G.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
To the October 1995 AEROMODELLER with the cover featuring MIKE SMITH with his very nice scale power free flight MARTINSIDE ELEPHANT.

The plan and full build article was first cab of the rank in this issue. It has already been posted here:
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1166

Next to another superb scale peanut design by LUBOMIR KOURTNY.

It is the winner if the 1919 Schneider Trophy the SAVOIA S13. and Lubomir’s model is also a winner.

It is traditionally rubber powered but Lubomir suggests it is also suitable for electric power. As always the advice is to build as light as possible.

To a 30 inch glider and the LEMON DROP by ERIC BULMER.

Construction is simple and it would build into a very attractive little model with rather interesting wingtips..

Finally to MOSQUITO another unique design by JOHN WHITE one of the world’s leading authorities on ornithopters.

This is a subject the most of us have never tackled but John’s informative article provides all the information you will need.

All these plans are full size.

Cheers

Algy
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Cheers

Algy
Awesome! You guys keep the good stuff coming non stop! I grabbed the viking plans and printed out a set which are already getting doodled on to convert it over to a Vickers Varsity. Great stuff.....

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Oct 2005
152 Posts
Boeing 40 Plans

Dear Swanke

Quote:
"Boeing 40 AND Boeing 80 plans.

I have a couple "workable" 3views but it will take some imagination to figure out huge chunks of the aircraft. As always - I'm not in a hurry but if somebody has something, I'de love to hear from ya."
I am very interested in any documentation you could share for that plane.

Could I please ask you for any copies of the 3 views you have of those airplanes. Anything you have has to be better than what I have now.

kindly send what you can share to my_plan_collection@yahoo.com

Kind regards

Sam
Model Mad is online now Find More Posts by Model Mad
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,612 Posts
Hey Swank!

There is a Boeing 40 plan on Hippocket Aeronautics.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swankee View Post
Okay folks,

You people have been awe inspiring with regards to requests so far but this next one is gonna throw you for a loop...

I have already looked in the "Aeromodeller Index" and did not see anything for the aircraft I've been looking for (quite a while now).
I have been all over the net doing every search that I can think of, with no results.... so, what is my next request?... drum-roll please...

Boeing 40 AND Boeing 80 plans.

I have a couple "workable" 3views but it will take some imagination to figure out huge chunks of the aircraft. As always - I'm not in a hurry but if somebody has something, I'de love to hear from ya.

And of course... Have a great day people (The Sun is shining here and spring has sprung).
Swankee
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:29 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,678 Posts
Douglas McHard

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers

Algy
Sadly, I was reading a past issue of Flying Scale Models this morning and came across Mr. McHard;s obituary. Another great gone, but with a legacy to share...

Pete G.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:36 PM
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger_i View Post
Hey Swank!

There is a Boeing 40 plan on Hippocket Aeronautics.

Hope this helps.
Just checked it. It is fuselage and tail only...no wings. But a good start.

Pete G.