Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:55 PM
Soulles Normandy France
Joined Feb 2011
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger_i View Post
Ok, I am going to show my ignorance, here:
How large will this file print out?
Towners 24" Tiger Moth would print out on one sheet 32" by 24" Perfectly possible as I believe the print shops can cope with a meter wide, length no object.
using Isiplot or Acrobats tile print feature this will print out onto 8 A4 sheets.

This method is preferable as the tile programs cut up the full size plan so you have perfect alignment of the pages. Printing out from the scans provided would be a pain as they will miss-align. Thats why sometimes stitching a plan back together can take a lot of time
aeromeddeler is offline Find More Posts by aeromeddeler
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Challanger,

The print size is 32" x 24". With the Adobe copies you can always check the image size by moving the curser to the lower left of the palette and the size will come appear as a tool tip.

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Warden Flyer

Hello,
Id like to ask all of us if somebody have a plan Warden Flyer (model for CO2 power 30" span).
It was published on Flyer/Radio Control Model, 2003, Vol. 4, Issue 5.
Thank you
Petr
VaPe is offline Find More Posts by VaPe
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller free flight plans

Hi,
To the December 1975 issue of AEROMODELLER with the cover photo featuring AEROMODELLER secretary Mandy Winfield holding a Keil Kraft Mercury Gnome glider and the Cal Aero Models Playboy senior kit converted to electric power.

There were two free full size plans to be found in this issue with the first being SPARKEY.

SPARKY was designed by the well known IAN DOWSET. It's a 32 free flight model designed for electric power.

Off all sheet construction it would be quick and easy to build. A D/T is shown and your advised to use it for every flight.

Next to a another all sheet free flight model the semi scale BRISTOL SCOUT by G.E. WHITHEAD.

Of 24 wingspan it is for 0.3-0 to 0.5ccc motors. Once again a model that is easy on the pocket and quick to build.

Finally to AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED where a close look is taken at the BOWERS FLY-BABY BIPLANE.

Cheers

Algy
algy2 is offline Find More Posts by algy2
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
Two AEROMODELLER from 1975 October and May.

The October cover shows a pair of Peanut scale models entries in the Parcel Proxy Peanut contest in the United States.

Sharon Stroman holds a Pietenpol “Sky Scout” and a Pioneer Rapid entry from Czechoslovakia.

One free flight plan to pass along from this issue. It is WINTER HERALD a Coupe d’ HIVER by IAN SUTTON.

Ian designed it to be simple to build and fly free of gadgets. The very complete build article together with the plan will soon have you in the air.

Next to May with the cover photo catching RON POLLARD in action at the 1974 UK Wakefield team Trials.

A lovely full size free centrefold plan was to be found. The delightful WALT MOONEY scale peanut AVRO 534C RACING BABY.

Walt warns about keeping it light particularly the tail end . He had a knack of picking models that just asked to be built and the RACING BABY is no exception.

Finally from MICHAEL WARREN’S FREE FLIIGHT SCENE Colum comes “FLIT “EZB by RON GREEN winner of the East Grinstead indoor meeting.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Mar 20, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:37 PM
one flew
erie pa/grand rapids mi
Joined Jan 2010
89 Posts
"Discussion A few F/F plans added...." update

...the first subject I look for in the morning when I check my email.

dang you algy (and everyone else too) for all of your amazing contributions. I'll need to live til ~150 just to get to a tiny fraction of them. We should write our congressmen to get them to create some special medal for all of you heros.

Thank you for the never ending stream of day dreams

-des

btw.. I've asked this before elsewhere (and here too, probably). But for sentimental reasons does anyone reading this thread have a copy of the Sterling Monocoupe and Citabria that came together in the P2 kit??
MentalDekay is offline Find More Posts by MentalDekay
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:21 PM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalDekay View Post
btw.. I've asked this before elsewhere (and here too, probably). But for sentimental reasons does anyone reading this thread have a copy of the Sterling Monocoupe and Citabria that came together in the P2 kit??
Des,
go to this link: http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/...ans/search.php

Type: monocoupe

And WahLLah!

You will need to sign up and become a member of their forum first before you can download them (FREE).
I hope this helps. I would load them up here for you so you could download them direct but I don't have them saved.
Swankee
Swankee is offline Find More Posts by Swankee
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi,
This time to the AUGUST 1986 AEROMODELLER with the cover photo showing PETER HARRIS 1986 Nationals Power Champion preparing to launch his Super Tigre powered model.

From this issue comes JOHN WESTS modified Dixielander details. All secrets are revealed on turning the standard Yeoman kit model into a contest winner.

ZIZ was the first plan feature being a 50 inch sporster designed by PETER FISHER.

It has a parasol wing layout and can be flown either Free Flight or R/C.

Construction is straightforward and you will be rewarded with a pleasant Sunday flyer.

Next to the first of two full size rubber plans. This is JOHN WATTER’S scale INTERSTATE L-6.

The full size machine was a light liaison aircraft modified from the INTERSTATE CADET by enlarging the cabin area.

Of 27” wingspan it would look great in the air.

Finally to a the charming Vintage Rubber “VICTORIA PARKER” and yes it is a VIC SMEAD design.

VIC first laid out this model in 1939 to fly in his nearby VICTORIA PARK hence the name.

In this issue he takes another look at his own model and passes along many useful tips in the construction article.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Mar 04, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:09 AM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Douglas DWC

Algy - Thanks for the Victoria Park... nice.

Looking for some help on a Douglas DWC (Douglas World Cruiser) aircraft of the U.S.Army Air Force (1929).
I have only found a 3-view on the net. So I wanted to ask if any of you have plans in an old vintage magazine (i.e. Aeromodeller, M.A.N.)?

Thanks and have a great day all.
Swankee

P.S. Hogal - I've been looking at your CAD "tracings"... They're stinking awesome! Makes me want to download 'em even if I'm never gonna build 'em - the RE.8 is on my list though.

P.S.S. - Here is a bit of fun perhaps: I have a specific build file (which keeps my interest and attention) called "Historic Firsts in Aviation". I have some pretty little aircraft in this file (ex - Demoiselle by Mooney, Earhart's Vega by Peerless). Not only do I want to build them - but I really enjoy reading about them: Any of you folks have ideas, thoughts or contributions for "Historical, Interesting" aircraft? I Would love to hear them. Even if I never get to build them all, I can always read about them.
Last edited by Swankee; Mar 04, 2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: keep forgetting how to spell
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:21 PM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swankee View Post
Algy - Thanks for the Victoria Park... nice.

Looking for some help on a Douglas DWC (Douglas World Cruiser) aircraft of the U.S.Army Air Force (1929).
I have only found a 3-view on the net. So I wanted to ask if any of you have plans in an old vintage magazine (i.e. Aeromodeller, M.A.N.)?

Thanks and have a great day all.
Swankee

P.S. Hogal - I've been looking at your CAD "tracings"... They're stinking awesome! Makes me want to download 'em even if I'm never gonna build 'em - the RE.8 is on my list though.

P.S.S. - Here is a bit of fun perhaps: I have a specific build file (which keeps my interest and attention) called "Historic Firsts in Aviation". I have some pretty little aircraft in this file (ex - Demoiselle by Mooney, Earhart's Vega by Peerless). Not only do I want to build them - but I really enjoy reading about them: Any of you folks have ideas, thoughts or contributions for "Historical, Interesting" aircraft? I Would love to hear them. Even if I never get to build them all, I can always read about them.
Swakee

Try this link

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=2097

I'm fairly sure I've posted it on the vintage site previously but having trouble getting to read all my posts at the moment.

Historically interesting, well lets put this baby in the running shall we:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1721

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts

Hi.
This time to the September 1988 issue of AEROMODELLER with the cover photo showing what you get if you blow up EARL STAHL'S scale rubber Spitfire plan twice-size.

MIKE HETHERINGTON did and his splendid SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE prototype was voted the Best Free Flight Scale subject at the 1988 AEROMODELLER Scale Weekend flying majestically time after time and stopping all other action on the field.

One free flight plan to be found in this edition and it’s something special.

ANDY SEPTON’S painstakingly researched scale ABC ROBIN for rubber or CO2 power.

The judges thought so to giving Andy first place in Open Rubber and third in CO2 at the 1988 Indoor Scale Championships.

The original aircraft was a British Pre-War Ultra Light and it proved a major headache to get any correct documentation before designing the model.

One unusual feature of construction is that the fuselage is covered in airmail paper. The build article has all the details.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Mar 05, 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:55 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Harwood
Joined Sep 2004
2,376 Posts
Swankee, I have some good drawings of the DWC from the April and May 1964 Aeromodeller. Only problem is I am in the midst of a shift 500 km down the road and some of my stuff is already shifted. I don't know if the part of the library has already gone. If no on else has that mag I'll have a look, otherwise you may have to wait until late April/early May when I unpack.
Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Kiwi
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:49 PM
The Swedish Yankee
West coast of Sweden
Joined Dec 2010
120 Posts
Thanks Folks

Hogal,
You're right... the Messerschmitt does belong in that file

Kiwi,
Thank you my friend. I appreciate it. I'm not in any hurry (it is going in my "Historic" build file) so when you get around to it, that is just fine by me.

Have a good evening all
Swankee
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller plan scans

HI,
Two issue from 1975 again with the March and April AEROMODELLERS.

The cover photo of the March issue shows a KEIL KRAFT PERCIVAL PROVOST scale rubber kit converted to Electric Round The Pole flying. It was a form of flying that took off in the 1970s.

Something a little bit out of the ordinary could be found in this issue with BOB BROWN'S TWIN GYRO.

Autogyros had been a passion of Bobs for some time and this model was based on a series of experiments using different models in various configurations.

Apparently trimming flights are carried out by trotting into the wind to get the rotors spinning and up to speed. When trimmed it will take of from the ground by its self. Fascinating stuff and it’s simple to build.

Next to the APRIL issue where the cover shows a perfect flying field site on a perfect day.

It’s Omaka in New Zealand’s South Island and A. FAGG prepares to launch his control-line Vought-Sikorsky “Kingfisher in the National Scale event.

TREVOR FAULKNERS delightful scale rubber S-4 KANIA was the feature plan.

Its rarely modelled subject and Trevor as always has done a great job. The 26” model even has a scale prop thanks to the use of a gear box.

The unusually long and detailed construction article gives all the details.

Finally back to the MARCH issue for AIRCRAFT DESCRIBED and FELIX PAWLOWICZ examines and draws the POLISH LUBLIN R-XVIB.

I have seen at least one plan for this aircraft and you now have all the scale documentation you need to produce a winner.

Cheers

Algy
Last edited by algy2; Mar 06, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
566 Posts
Aeromodeller plan scans

Hi.
To the November 1995 issue of AEROMODELLER where the cover shows DON KNIGHT proudly holding his version of the EAGLE the very first model plan to be published in this magazine in November 1935.

In fact the plan was republished in this issue together with a construction article.

It has already been posted by Aeromeddeller and can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...65873&page=204

There were also three full size semi scale Profile Models to be found by JOHN WATSON.

These were for the BEBE JODEL,PIPER SUPER CRUSER and the BUCKERS JUNGMIESTER .

Models that are a lot of fun for not to much effort.

Cheers

Algy