SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:43 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
On 4s the 2820-750 with a 14x7 prop will pull how many amps at full tilt?

Dead could you link the results post in your first post?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2011, 09:39 AM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Mine runs about 45amps.

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:44 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Mine runs about 45amps.

--Tom K.
Yes, 45A peak with the 14x7 APC.

The 630Kv... custom wind... was 37 Amp peak with the same prop.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:36 PM
USA, WA, Redmond
Joined Aug 2010
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankjp View Post
OK here are my notes from yesterdays testing. I hope you can read them. Jim ( AP )has graciously offered to put this in better form when he gets time. I used an i Charger,50 lb Berkley fish scale,Watts Up,and a Mini Tach. I recharged the batteries after each prop change.

Frankjp

Very Very nice work. What you may lack in computer skills is more than made up by your attention to detail, wisdom and dedication to the 3D sport. Your absolutely right the Vox 16x6 when bolted on to the Torque 4016T-500 looks like it has potential. I also liked results of the Xoar 16x7.

I am going to fly the Xoar 15x7 & 15x8 as well as the Vox 16x6 & Xoar 16x7. We will see which fits my flying (out of flipin control & flaying across the sky ) style best. Not quite sure what is scarier a 3D RC Heli or me flying with complete & total reckless 3D abandon. lol

Again nice work Frank.
Kindest Regards
Speed.
leespaddock is offline Find More Posts by leespaddock
Old Dec 08, 2011, 07:24 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leespaddock View Post
Not quite sure what is scarier a 3D RC Heli or me flying with complete & total reckless 3D abandon. lol
EDF jets scare me the most. Even a few ounces of foam travelling at 120mph with a plastic nose cone will do damage to a hovering Edge... I've never had a midair with any, but I came really close at the Wattfest a few months ago.....

--Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:10 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
I retrieved Frankís data and will be processing it today as soon as I verify some values with him. Iím not going to do anything crazy with the trhee populations of data we now have, other run simple mean, median, skewness, and kurtosis, in order to eliminate bad segments and establish a constant value chart that we can all use. Hopefully it will be valuable to all of us.

Just from eyeballing all populations, it seems that the APC data we took on Saturday is statistically unacceptable because the WOT values seem skewed, but I'll run the skewness anyway. It also seems like Frankís data relates APC, Xoar and Vox much closer than the other populations, and this is something that will be interesting to see unfold.

A third set of data should be enough to establish a clear linear or exponential relationship, and a resource we can go to for values that relate a propellerís make, size, and RPM, to relative Thrust.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:39 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
On 4s the 2820-750 with a 14x7 prop will pull how many amps at full tilt?

Dead could you link the results post in your first post?
I will be glad to, but exactly which results post do you think I should link? Also, how do you add a link to one post, I have never done it before.
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Dec 09, 2011, 01:54 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,058 Posts
dead,click on the post #(upper right corner)-then copy the address bar-click on new reply and insert the address into the little world thingy in the message window
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:40 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,922 Posts
Thanks JDM. Here are the posts that I THINK I should copy:

Can someone please look at these posts and tell me if they ALL should be there or not. Also, Are there any other posts that I have missed?

FINALLY,I am confused about post number 214. It is not clear to me what props were being tested. The brands are listed but the size is not. AP can you clarify ?

Thanks.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:49 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leespaddock View Post
Your absolutely right the Vox 16x6 when bolted on to the Torque 4016T-500 looks like it has potential. I also liked results of the Xoar 16x7.
Guys, you need to bare in mind that low pitch 'under-square' props will always be likely to look better in static thrust tests in terms of static thrust vs. watts. But real world performance is likely to be different in anything other than hovering flight. Very low pitch speed means the actual thrust that these props will give in flight drops very quickly once the model starts moving forward at any speed. That's why static thrust tests although useful don't give the whole picture.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:15 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
FINALLY,I am confused about post number 214. It is not clear to me what props were being tested. The brands are listed but the size is not. AP can you clarify ?

Thanks.
214 is the Motrolfly 4315-480 tests and the key in the graph states the prop type. The Xoar and APC are 16x8's and the Vox is the 16x6. These graphs will be redone since the APC data seems skewed – much lower values than any other test performed to date. I have most of the work posted on this Web page:

http://rcwebclub.com/Articles/Extrem...erOptions.aspx

We should also review the items posted on this thread and create a list of the items that are missing. I think a few things from Lee that are posted here should be displayed there as well. I'm considering setting up one separate Web page with a library of the raw data and the accompanying analysis so that we can always link to and refer the data and/or analysis we are discussing so no one has to weed through pages to find something.

I'm working on Frank's data now and will prepare and post some additional graphs and another analysis now that we have a lot more data. One I’ve done that, I should have some time to create the new resource page.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aeroplayin; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:26 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
Here is the new page dedicated to this discussion thread, so please review it, dead, and let me know what else needs to be added.

I am working on Frank's data and will post the raw data and graphs, along with some analysis with graph visuals. I had a deadline to meet on a three-year software development project, which we met at 5:04pm yesterday, so I'll need some time to decompress. I slept for 9 hours and I'm also a little groggy, so please review the Web page I just built very carefully.

I obviously need to change the motor and battery pics on the right margin, but I wanted to test the panel image sizes and all I need to do now is swap them out with stock Torque, Airboss, Motrolfly, and propeller images. If anyone can give me a link to appropriate images, that would be helpful.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aeroplayin; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: new link
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:39 AM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,922 Posts
Looks good AP. Will link now.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:04 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
Okay.... new stuff to think about. You can use the usual link as I posted Frank's data, and my analysis, plus the worksheet I used to create a relative profile of the data, to the dedicated Web page. Here are the links but you can always find the new stuff at the bottom of the dedicated Web page which is here:

Frank's data is here:

http://www.rcwebclub.com//Portals/rc...20Data%202.pdf

My write-up is here:

http://www.rcwebclub.com//Portals/rc...w%20121111.pdf

My worksheet is here:

http://www.rcwebclub.com//Portals/rc...s%20121111.pdf
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aeroplayin; Dec 13, 2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: corrected direct links
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,883 Posts
I just added the direct links above to bypass the dedicated Web page.
RCG Plus Member