Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,225 Posts
Here it is... take a look and let me know what you think. I did some highlighting and it only means that I think the 9600 RPMs is probably a skewed value, and anything close to 0.360 is on the cusp with regard to angular momentum. The rest shows relative Static Thrust calculations using prop specs and RPMs, not actual measured thrust.

As you may know, when the popup appears, if you click on the window, the image will expand in a new browser.
Aeroplayin is offline Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:04 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Thanks again for doing this all of you, anyone heard from frank?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1664957

Sisnt jpf rewind the 3020? Its 166g so it may take to a 609kv rewind and be able to spin 15" props
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:13 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,225 Posts
If you mean Frankjp, I don't think he did anything with the Scorpion. I got an email from him yesterday but won't see him again until October. He's about as far north from the FL heat as he can be while still being in the same country. I think Steve was custom winding motors from HK.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Yeah the scorpion thing was for steve, the phone pasted it in the wrong area. One other problem with it is that it is 45mm can and it uses a collar for the prop.

You going to get your 5s setup in the air this weekend?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:17 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,219 Posts
That's a great price for the Scorpions, they are excellent motors. The SII-3020 is too long for the 48" EXPs though, plus as you say the collet prop adapter adds to the length.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:42 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Yeah the scorpion thing was for steve, the phone pasted it in the wrong area. One other problem with it is that it is 45mm can and it uses a collar for the prop.

You going to get your 5s setup in the air this weekend?
We'll see. The weather is unusually wet but I think we're expecting things to return to normal for the weekend. Plus Tom is off from school now and the sun doesn't set until 8:30 pm, so if we decide to bring out the 60 and the 85 this weekend, there is always next week.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:58 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
Good to hear

This popped up in the battery forum
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=361
2200 30c 4s and 240grams

Gens ace is 300 grams according to HP. I seem to recall them being lighter though, correct steve? These look like gens but 2oz lighter is pretty good.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:18 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
Good to hear

2200 30c 4s and 240grams

Gens ace is 300 grams according to HP. I seem to recall them being lighter though, correct steve? These look like gens but 2oz lighter is pretty good.
Looks like these are all over the place, but still a 1C charge rating on these. The funny thing about this is that EP Buddy offers T connectors, and GForce, who usually does on all their batteries, is not on these batteries:

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...h-4s-lipo.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:46 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,219 Posts
Quote:
Good to hear

2200 30c 4s and 240grams

The current Gens Ace 4s, 2200mAh, 30c are 252g.. older ones were 260g

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:16 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
That's pretty much what I thought. They all come from the same factory and all but the geforce are rated to 5c. The difference is in the connector and soldering those bullets suck.

So I will stay with them gens. I may try the zippy compact as they have a 325 gram 5s 2700. I am running these 5s 2200's really hard but I want a longer flight time.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:24 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,225 Posts
Quote:
That's pretty much what I thought. They all come from the same factory and all but the geforce are rated to 5c. The difference is in the connector and soldering those bullets suck.

So I will stay with them gens. I may try the zippy compact as they have a 325 gram 5s 2700. I am running these 5s 2200's really hard but I want a longer flight time.
Are you sure the GForce are 5C? I have a few and like them better than Zippy, Nano, and Turnigy Blue, but not as much as the Sky (3C) or the Gens (5C). I actually have a few older 4S GForce 2800's that are still running strong, and have put the 3S 30C 2200's in a flying wing that runs WOT to 110 mph for three minutes, and seems to handle it well. Haven't tested the IR on them yet, but lost my IR meter when Frank went north for the summer.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:13 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
Joined Jul 2011
3,864 Posts
From what I recall

Geforce = 1c xt60
Glacier = 5c deans clone
Gens = 5c bullets

I would hazard a guess they all will weigh within +/- 7 grams of each other. I'm done charging at less than 3c though. All I do is 5c.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
Artillery! King of Battle!
USA, KS, Scammon
Joined Mar 2002
4,431 Posts
I finally got my 60" Extra EXP in the air last Tuesday night. Conditions weren't the best by a long shot, 14mph crosswind blowing straight across the runway! I managed 3 flights and didn't even crash!

Here is my setup

ElectriFly RimFire .80
ZTW 70 ESC w/BEC disabled
HS-5245MG's running at 6.5v off a Castle BEC Pro
6S 3000mah pack (2 3S 30C Sky Lipos running in series)
Xoar 15x8 Electric prop

I haven't had a chance to put a watt meter on the setup yet, but I rarely used WOT!

Can't wait for better conditions and fly this baby again!

Brill
Brill 1 is offline Find More Posts by Brill 1
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,441 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the Glacier batts... I ordered one a few nights ago to test out. Have had a couple of orders now with EP buddy and shipping happens the day after I order and at a resonable rate. By the morning I have a tracking number. Love the Gens and Skys but there slow about getting in the mail if they have them in stock. Been trying to get some 6s heli/60" exp batteries for a while in either, but no luck.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:37 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Glacier batts... I ordered one a few nights ago to test out. Have had a couple of orders now with EP buddy and shipping happens the day after I order and at a resonable rate. By the morning I have a tracking number. Love the Gens and Skys but there slow about getting in the mail if they have them in stock. Been trying to get some 6s heli/60" exp batteries for a while in either, but no luck.
I thought hp had skylipo 40c6s3300 in stock?

I ordered 4 of these last week, hope that's what they actually send!
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger