SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but how do you change the motor in the Bixler without hacking up the foam? Looks all sealed up to me... Is this easy to replace?
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:03 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
I have this motor mount. I haven't tried it yet but from what I hear it works well and allows easy on off of motor.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=13
I will check if the stock motor has a mount or is glued to the frames, this readymaderc mount will be great for the upgrade, I finally go for the 5.8 200mW set, a friend of mine told me that the cellular network here use the 900mhz GSM band, I need to look for another antenna instead of the VEE that is only matched for 900 mhz frecuency, any idea? or it will be good to order the 3db whip antenna from HK, or maby the stock antenna is fine to fly around me for the firsts attempts. Im really exited on this, I need to wait two weeks,,,,,,,
Arck is online now Find More Posts by Arck
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:05 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
This may be a dumb question, but how do you change the motor in the Bixler without hacking up the foam? Looks all sealed up to me... Is this easy to replace?
Me too, good question,,,,How
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:36 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
Me too, good question,,,,How
There are 3 screws the remove the motor. These can be seen by looking in the hole in front of the pod. Getting to the motor wires is yet another thing.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:50 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
There are 3 screws the remove the motor. These can be seen by looking in the hole in front of the pod. Getting to the motor wires is yet another thing.
MMMM, thanks, I will check this at home tonight, I found in another threat with the how to install a new motor, here is the post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4722
The question is, what about the incidence of the motor,,,,,I used to fly a big pusher, glow version called Challenger and it was a madness to get it in the air due the incidence of the motor.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:10 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
We need to find a good motor that fits in the original mount,,,,,,and thats it,,,hehehe
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:21 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I changed the bullets from the stock motor because they didn't fit my ESC, to do this, introduce an Hemostatic Forceps into the upper hole of the pod and pick up the cables one by one, to install it again just insert a fishing nylon into the hole and attach one side to the bullet, the rest is just to pull carefully the nylon.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Hobby King order shipped! 5.8G system will be in hand in a week or two (I hope!!)... ;-)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:10 PM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
731 Posts
Good thread. I've made a prototype camera holder out of balsa wood, but I think it is too soft, so I'm going to remake it from ply. I'm urrently looking at how I want to mount the ESC, OSD etc. I want to make little platforms or holders for everything before I glue the fuse together.

Any ideas for battery holders? I THOUGHT MAybe mount the battery up high in the nose and I might be able to fit the CP antenna underneath it, but it won't quite fit. I thought of the CP antenna in the very front, but then the battery might pulverize it in a crash. Currently I'm looking at putting the battery in the front in a big compartment that can fit 2x 2200mah if I want to later, an the CP sticking up from the canopy behind the camera.
rogueqd is offline Find More Posts by rogueqd
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:17 PM
FPV Noob
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Jun 2011
291 Posts
Yay, my 5.8ghz FPV system was shipped today too!

Also, if you'd like a look @ the Bixler, here's a link to my video (it's not great I know, but it gives a few tips for beginners- prop upgrades etc...)

HobbyKing Bixler Setup (16 min 30 sec)

Happy flying,
Al
fpsazerbaijan is offline Find More Posts by fpsazerbaijan
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:18 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Roqueqd - balsa is wayyyy too soft - make it from plywood.

What battery holder do you mean? The main power plant battery or something separate for the FPV gear?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 05:48 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post

Also, if you'd like a look @ the Bixler, here's a link to my video (it's not great I know, but it gives a few tips for beginners- prop upgrades etc...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b18rBvUnunM

Happy flying,
Al
Al - is there some kind of tape you've put on the fuselage?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:17 PM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
731 Posts
Quote:
balsa is wayyyy too soft.

What battery holder do you mean? The main power plant battery or something separate for the FPV gear?
Yeah, I worked out as I was making it that balsa wasn't going to hold the pan servo without a ton of glue, lol.

At the moment I'm using a 2200mah lipo, so the mount is for that, but I'm considering options for bigger batteries in the future as well.

I had an idea today that I think will work really well, but I'll have to wait till I get home to see if everything fits how I'm hoping.
rogueqd is offline Find More Posts by rogueqd
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:59 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsazerbaijan View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b18rBvUnunM

Happy flying,
Al
about 3m extreme tape: i don't think it is uv resistant. i've seen mine become brittle and non sticky after being exposed to sunlight for long periods (about 3 hours per week over the months). it is really strong when new, though.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
Yeah, I worked out as I was making it that balsa wasn't going to hold the pan servo without a ton of glue, lol.

At the moment I'm using a 2200mah lipo, so the mount is for that, but I'm considering options for bigger batteries in the future as well.

I had an idea today that I think will work really well, but I'll have to wait till I get home to see if everything fits how I'm hoping.
Why are you considering 2 X 2200 mah packs instead of 1 5000mah pack?