HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 07, 2011, 08:44 PM
FPV ADDICT
Wirewolf903's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Is there a link to the flaps modification you could share? I couldn't find one...
I wish there were, what I did was look at the pics on the SkySurfer/Bixler first mod page and kinda followed that. I cut them right up next to the ailerons to about 1 1/2in from the fuse. I spaced the servo in the middle and cut out about a 1/4in bed for it. As long as you make your cuts for the flaps in a V they will move freely. Added some fiber tape and done! I'll add some pics to help paint the picture.

















I hot glued in a couple wood hobby sticks to strengthen that small area of wing next to the fuse.

Hope this helps!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Last edited by Wirewolf903; Nov 07, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
207 Posts
Thanks - now you've got me thinking! ;-)
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
207 Posts
Hey guys,

I just finished the mini-build log of my Bixler Sky Surfer camera mount. Let me know what you think:

http://www.ilovefpv.com/2011/11/sky-...unt-for-gopro/

-Steve
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:05 PM
Registered User
bmsweb's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
. .I just finished the mini-build log of my Bixler Sky Surfer camera mount.
Nice work Steve!!
bmsweb is online now Find More Posts by bmsweb
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:55 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,093 Posts
I would add that with both and I have an Arcos that I use for recording. Also the screen can be used and is for people for a free ride.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:22 AM
FPV ADDICT
Wirewolf903's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Steve,

I like the GoPro mount! Looks very strong. I would bet one could add a pan servo in the middle if they wanted that function. I may have to give it a try, thanks!
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
Steve,

I like the GoPro mount! Looks very strong. I would bet one could add a pan servo in the middle if they wanted that function. I may have to give it a try, thanks!
I'm sure it is slightly over designed, but I'd prefer this than under designed.. ;-)

Plus I plan to put some holes in it for the FPV wiring...

Ok guys - classic Hobby King question... I've got my next order in (including the 5.8G TX/RX) with one back ordered item.. Do I cancel the back ordered item and get it later?

(it's just some control horns for my Tricopter build)...

decisions decisions...
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 07:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
207 Posts
Good comments about the goggles - does anybody know how the HK 5.8G Fat Sharks work? Do these receive directly from the $63 5.8G TX?
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Last edited by ilovefpv; Nov 08, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 10:54 AM
I land with enthusiasm
Arck's Avatar
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
653 Posts
newbe in FPV

HI guys. I just bought all the FPV staff I think, the 5.8g 200mw FPV Wireless AV Tx & Rx FPV Set, the 1/3-inch SONY CCD Video Camera (NTSC), and the materials to rebuild my bixler, any suggestions? I need how to setup the thing.
Please Help,,,,,,
Here is a video with the HK HD Wing Camera 1280x720p attached to the wing of the Blixer in the maiden fligth this weekend, I need to change the date in the camera,,,,,
Wingcam HD-video 01 (4 min 52 sec)

thanks
werner
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 01:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
207 Posts
Welcome to the thread werner! How do you have your camera mounted to the Bixler?

-Steve
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:38 PM
FPV ADDICT
Wirewolf903's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
HI guys. I just bought all the FPV staff I think, the 5.8g 200mw FPV Wireless AV Tx & Rx FPV Set, the 1/3-inch SONY CCD Video Camera (NTSC), and the materials to rebuild my bixler, any suggestions? I need how to setup the thing.
Please Help,,,,,,
Here is a video with the HK HD Wing Camera 1280x720p attached to the wing of the Blixer in the maiden fligth this weekend, I need to change the date in the camera,,,,,
http://youtu.be/DNEDKaXRlKs
thanks
werner
Nice video! How u like that HK Wing Cam? I really like mine, did u know it can do live view and record...it's very good for FPV with that 120 FOV. I'm gonna set it up in a mini Skywalker in the future.
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Arck's Avatar
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
Welcome to the thread werner! How do you have your camera mounted to the Bixler?

-Steve
Hi Steve, only with velcro and packing tape for extra secure on the top of the rigth wing, Im thinking it will be better on top of the nose?,,,,,,
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 02:52 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Arck's Avatar
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
Nice video! How u like that HK Wing Cam? I really like mine, did u know it can do live view and record...it's very good for FPV with that 120 FOV. I'm gonna set it up in a mini Skywalker in the future.
Thanks Wirewolf903, this was my first attempt with this camera, my old camara was the flycamone, this is much better and cheaper, how do you change the date and so on, and how do you connect this to the FVP system, mine is coming and sincerely I dont know how to install it,,,,,
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
FPV ADDICT
Wirewolf903's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
Thanks Wirewolf903, this was my first attempt with this camera, my old camara was the flycamone, this is much better and cheaper, how do you change the date and so on, and how do you connect this to the FVP system, mine is coming and sincerely I dont know how to install it,,,,,
The easiest way to change the date is by hooking it up to a tv and using the menu to change the date. This requires you to have the audio/video cables. You will also need these cables for live view/recording when using for FPV. Heres how you do it:

Wingcam LIVE VIEW RECORDING 

to get live feed, you need 1)power up the device by prolonged pressing the inner button (wait for confirmation buzz) 2)press the same button again 2 times (you will see together yellow and blue lights) and finaly 3)Now connect the AV cable into device and then into TV (the step 3 is mandatory if you connect the plug into device first and then power up the device it will not show live image) now if you want to go wireless use the steps above, but instead the tv use wireless video transmitter.
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:43 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Arck's Avatar
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirewolf903 View Post
The easiest way to change the date is by hooking it up to a tv and using the menu to change the date. This requires you to have the audio/video cables. You will also need these cables for live view/recording when using for FPV. Heres how you do it:

Wingcam LIVE VIEW RECORDING 

to get live feed, you need 1)power up the device by prolonged pressing the inner button (wait for confirmation buzz) 2)press the same button again 2 times (you will see together yellow and blue lights) and finaly 3)Now connect the AV cable into device and then into TV (the step 3 is mandatory if you connect the plug into device first and then power up the device it will not show live image) now if you want to go wireless use the steps above, but instead the tv use wireless video transmitter.
WOW, thanks, I will do that, I ordered the 17 dolar sony Camera for the FPV, which is better,,,,and for the range, is mandatory for the 5.8g 200mw FPV Wireless AV to change the antenna? which one do you suggest,,,,
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Sky Surfer or HK Bixler??? fpsazerbaijan Electric Plane Talk 11 Mar 17, 2012 05:43 AM
Sold 1800kv Motor/prop for Sky Surfer / Bixler / Easy Star tdab Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 1 Nov 01, 2011 04:46 PM
Sold Bixler Sky Surfer Hawk Sky ARF or complete kit porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 14, 2011 09:24 AM
Discussion Review of my Sky Surfer AKA Bixler , Flew Today for the first time. dllhg Electric Plane Talk 19 Aug 10, 2011 10:41 AM
Discussion Propeller recommendations Bixler/ sky surfer sean11 Power Systems 3 Jun 25, 2011 06:08 AM