HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:29 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Woah that sucks! Your altitude seemed kind of low to begin with though...
Yes, I was too low,,,,,the problem was the fog and clouds that cant gave me more visibility to fly higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
dude ! that's kind'a scary

we never fly above roads

the law here will not like that.

in 72 systems you can leave the last part of the antenna inside, if lost control you can take it out and you have some more range to bail out ..

i use this 16$ camera and have a beter video .. may be your video link of 200 miliwatt is a bit too weak ?
i have guys flying with me with 72 and 800 video link... about 1 kilometer .. without problems.

good it turned out like that .. !
Here too, although I thing is not regulated for RC planes, anyway, the road is prohibit for FPV with this kind of radio, The plane was about 800 meters of the of the ground station.

I had a good video link, the problem was I think the camera, look the video with the wingcam
compwcso.wmv (1 min 17 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I would say that you extend your RC antenna to twice the length of the existing one, and make sure it is the correct length of the part of the frequency. This is what we are doing an it does increase the range. IT MUST BE OUTSIDE OF THE MODEL AND NOT COILED UP. Let it trail behind the model.
Thanks for the recommendation, the antenna was outside like you say, next time I will make a range check to discard this, some guys of my field told me to change to 2.4, but I think instead of buying a new radio for this, I will give a try this long range module for my 9CAP.
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:28 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,757 Posts
arck,

this video
16-12-2011 (1 min 26 sec)

was made with this camera

which is the cheapest on the planet....

i think your camera is not working ok.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:36 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1a View Post
arck,

this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pCP...86AUAAAAAAABAA

was made with this camera

which is the cheapest on the planet....

i think your camera is not working ok.
MMM, is the same camera, I will check again
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:17 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
Yes, I was too low,,,,,the problem was the fog and clouds that cant gave me more visibility to fly higher

Here too, although I thing is not regulated for RC planes, anyway, the road is prohibit for FPV with this kind of radio, The plane was about 800 meters of the of the ground station.

I had a good video link, the problem was I think the camera, look the video with the wingcam
http://youtu.be/3eix7e4xI_8

Thanks for the recommendation, the antenna was outside like you say, next time I will make a range check to discard this, some guys of my field told me to change to 2.4, but I think instead of buying a new radio for this, I will give a try this long range module for my 9CAP.
I have been using 2.4 but now I am rebuilding with 35mhz that is a UK frequency. With tests we have found that we get much better range with 35.
I am waiting for delivery of a Corona duel conversion sinthensized receiver. They work similar to 2.4 as they lock onto the TX crystal. There in no crystal in the RX.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
I have been using 2.4 but now I am rebuilding with 35mhz that is a UK frequency. With tests we have found that we get much better range with 35.
I am waiting for delivery of a Corona duel conversion sinthensized receiver. They work similar to 2.4 as they lock onto the TX crystal. There in no crystal in the RX.
Thanks Flypoppa, will check this corona receiver, any idea to how to glue the fuse of my bixler? just epoxy?, the nose is a little twisted, its posible to heat it to make it straight?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:11 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Flypoppa, will check this corona receiver, any idea to how to glue the fuse of my bixler? just epoxy?, the nose is a little twisted, its posible to heat it to make it straight?
Pure heat could melt the foam. Most use very hot water. It does bring out the dents and you can straighten the bent bits. You may find that with the hot water you get 'goose bumps' these can be flattened with the back of a spoon.
As for glues, You have a choice. I have used plain Super glue, or UHU POR , epoxy, gorilla glue, they all will do the job.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,426 Posts
Quote:
if you are using this plane for fpv, you might consider taping the fuselage together instead. just make sure the motor mount is secured to one of the halves.

then, it becomes easy to keep all your fpv gear inside the plane instead of sticking them all over the outside.
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
261 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Flypoppa, will check this corona receiver, any idea to how to glue the fuse of my bixler?
I "spot" glued mine together with Gorilla Glue and then taped the seam. You can glue the areas that you can't tape very well. Mix a small about of GG and a FEW drops of water in a cup. Apply to both surfaces wiping most of it way. Tape sides togeather and glue will set in about an hour. Fuselage is easily seperated with a razor blade if necessary.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:14 AM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Hey , thanks to all for the good ideas, now I know how to do this,,,,,,

Thinking about the video, Guy1 has the same camera as me, so maybe could be the video splitter, MMMM next time I will try with a direct connection, ,,,,,,

I solved the how to connect the HK wingCam direct to the TX, will post soon how I made this. 50 deg more than de sony camera.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:30 AM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
I would say that you extend your RC antenna to twice the length of the existing one.....
HI, Flypoppa, how you extend the antenna twice the length, sorry for the question, but this is knocking my head,,,,,hehehehe
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
5,831 Posts
Quote:
HI, Flypoppa, how you extend the antenna twice the length, sorry for the question, but this is knocking my head,,,,,hehehehe
I have not yet as I am still waiting for my RX from HK. It should arrive any day now. You have to work out the wave length of the frequency that you use. Then join the appropriate length of wire to the existing antenna. For our 35mhz I shall be making it a 1/4 wave of 2.14 metres.
But my mate has and we did a range test ground to ground and we had got just over 1 mile. This was the best we could do for out test in the area that we were in.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:05 PM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
261 Posts
Quote:
If you are flying on the 72 MHz band your receiver and transmitter antennas are almost certainly 36 inches in length. This is 1/4 wavelength. Soldering another 36 inch wire at the end of the receiver will make it a 1/2 wavelength and provide more area to capture the TX signal. On my gliders (years ago) I would run the antenna to the tail and then diagonally to a wingtip. 72 inches is a lot of antenna and you can't coil it up or it doesn't do you any good. Oh, conversely you could us a 72 inch TX antenna but that get's unwieldly. In the 1950's and 60's they had fixed 12' antennas with a connection to the Transmitter. "End History Lesson"
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:34 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
469 Posts
Quote:
I have not yet as I am still waiting for my RX from HK. It should arrive any day now. You have to work out the wave length of the frequency that you use. Then join the appropriate length of wire to the existing antenna. For our 35mhz I shall be making it a 1/4 wave of 2.14 metres.
But my mate has and we did a range test ground to ground and we had got just over 1 mile. This was the best we could do for out test in the area that we were in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
If you are flying on the 72 MHz band your receiver and transmitter antennas are almost certainly 36 inches in length. This is 1/4 wavelength. Soldering another 36 inch wire at the end of the receiver will make it a 1/2 wavelength and provide more area to capture the TX signal. On my gliders (years ago) I would run the antenna to the tail and then diagonally to a wingtip. 72 inches is a lot of antenna and you can't coil it up or it doesn't do you any good. Oh, conversely you could us a 72 inch TX antenna but that get's unwieldly. In the 1950's and 60's they had fixed 12' antennas with a connection to the Transmitter. "End History Lesson"
Ok,,, this is the solution, many thanks,,,,, I found in googlethis and this, is exactly what you both said and support your suggestions, will add 2x the length of the antenna to improve this.
This Group is really good!!!!!
Last edited by Arck; Dec 20, 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 04:42 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,757 Posts
i would say no glue at all to the fuselage, only tape.

please read a few pages back for discusions about that.
guy1a is online now Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:08 AM
Down Under
Joined Aug 2009
305 Posts
Or in stead of ugly Fibreglass tape, use med ca and then cut access hatches where needed.. Different strokes for different folks..
jpaus is offline Find More Posts by jpaus