SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminiryan View Post
Peope who are getting that much flight time are using multiple flight batteries connected in parallel or one BIG battery, 2 2200mah or one 5000mah for example. It also depends on your setup. I'm running a rctimer 2200kv motor with 30a esc with a 7x4 prop, I'm getting upwards around 18-20 min flight time with a single 2200 flight battery. Thats including full Eagle Tree, HD recording camera and FPV gear.

I'm not to familiar with the Cyclops gear, or if it has data recording capabilities. If it does, this will help you out tremendously in figuring out where you mah is going. Whether its a throttle management issue or a power plant issue.

I also found this nifty little calculator to help me play with different power combo's without having to actually buy the components:

http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc_e.htm?ecalc

Good Luck!

Ryan
I guess it could be lack of throttle management I am hoping the OSD will help me see witch it is. Might try to parallel 2x 2200mah battery's

Thank you
Huginn81 is offline Find More Posts by Huginn81
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:35 PM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
459 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same, the weight issue might become a factor at that point. Might have to do some rearranging to get the CG correct. However, about 20 min suits me pretty good since I'm limited to the range of my stock controller. Once I dive into the LRS realm I'll be needing more Mah.
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:01 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
i manage to get my skysurfer back in 1 pieces after a bad crash, now it a hot glue monster , got an fpv pod for it too now i can use 3300mah batt with no problem

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372530112.jpg
Views: 87
Size: 48.1 KB
Description:

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372553054.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 40.4 KB
Description:

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372592777.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 33.3 KB
Description:

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372612334.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 42.9 KB
Description:

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372629955.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 41.3 KB
Description:

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1357372645614.jpg
Views: 96
Size: 43.3 KB
Description:
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; Jan 05, 2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
i manage to get my skysurfer back in 1 pieces after a bad crash, now it a hot glue monster , got an fpv pod for it too now i can use 3300mah batt with no problem
Looks familiar! I had to do nearly the same with mine after a couple of crashes. I started to use packaging or extreme tape around and along the weak spots, i.e. the tail boom where you reinforced it, and then around the fuse walls in the nose and below your pod. I also ran stips along the leading edge of the wings as well as a couple strips down the middle.

What kind of flight times are you getting with that 3300mah batt?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:49 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,327 Posts
Quote:
Looks familiar! I had to do nearly the same with mine after a couple of crashes. I started to use packaging or extreme tape around and along the weak spots, i.e. the tail boom where you reinforced it, and then around the fuse walls in the nose and below your pod. I also ran stips along the leading edge of the wings as well as a couple strips down the middle.

What kind of flight times are you getting with that 3300mah batt?
have not maiden yet need more fixing, need to tape all the weak spot like you said, and need to do the wing mod so i dont have to glue them for easy transport, i missing push rod and need a new control horn for it pod need to be re-wired for my fpv stuff, now i realized i still have a lot need to be done
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:45 PM
Joined Sep 2010
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilwein View Post
Here is what I did, not pretty, but one idea.
Mounted it on CG so I can have on or off with no CG changes.
It can be extended higher with the GP extensions.
Also a GP pic from the GP view.

Have the VTX all the way back and using coax for the video.
OSD and other FPV gear in the fuse up front.

I layed sand paper down on top of the fuse and then sanded the block down to fit the contour of the top. Then glassed it on and also made a bolt mount in the air channel to run a long bolt thru to attach the GP bottom mount besides the DS tape. It has to tear a chunk out to come off.
I like your setup and am tempted to do something similar. How does it fly given that the GoPro sits up so high?
Zangetsu57 is offline Find More Posts by Zangetsu57
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:54 AM
Straighten up and fly right!
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined Jun 2012
103 Posts
Hello I have an ARF Bixler 1400mm that I intend on using for FPV purposes. I am unsure of component placement right now so I'm at a stand still. I was wondering if it would make sense to build the Bixler without the FPV gear and install later? Would it be hard?
Navet97 is offline Find More Posts by Navet97
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navet97 View Post
Hello I have an ARF Bixler 1400mm that I intend on using for FPV purposes. I am unsure of component placement right now so I'm at a stand still. I was wondering if it would make sense to build the Bixler without the FPV gear and install later? Would it be hard?
Its not hard at all, if you don't mind cutting some access doors in the fuse later on. The best thing you can do is learn to fly it without FPV gear, get used to the flight characteristics of your Bixler. Once your comfortable with it, I'd add some dummy weights that would be equivalent to your FPV gear, in the approximate place you want your components. Triple check your CG, remember your CG point will not change when you add the additional weight, put your flight characteristics WILL be different. Good Luck!

Ryan
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:43 PM
Straighten up and fly right!
United States, IN, Kokomo
Joined Jun 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Its not hard at all, if you don't mind cutting some access doors in the fuse later on. The best thing you can do is learn to fly it without FPV gear, get used to the flight characteristics of your Bixler. Once your comfortable with it, I'd add some dummy weights that would be equivalent to your FPV gear, in the approximate place you want your components. Triple check your CG, remember your CG point will not change when you add the additional weight, put your flight characteristics WILL be different. Good Luck!

Ryan
Awesome advice Ryan! I was thinking the same thing! I'm going to start putting it together.
Navet97 is offline Find More Posts by Navet97
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I posted on your youtube video about horizontal sync, I had a similar issue with my nova osd and easycap. Fix is to install a potentiometer/resistor on video wire between rx and easycap.
Cool that's great news as I've also been searching for a fix for this issue
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:43 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Something from way back in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
The US government has a built in error factor of 3m for civilian GPS readings. That will cause your GPS to not be 100% accurate and even give you different readings even without moving.
Not true since Clinton was president. he removed that...Military and Civialian systems now are the same accuracy wise.
Anhydrite is offline Find More Posts by Anhydrite
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:35 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhydrite View Post
Something from way back in this thread.

Not true since Clinton was president. he removed that...Military and Civialian systems now are the same accuracy wise.
Most of the Civilian GPS hardware does not get more accurate than +/- 3 meters. You can purchase more accurate hardware if needed like a Surveyor but for most of us poor folk 3 meters is as close as you get or need.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 PM
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Joined Mar 2007
285 Posts
Can anyone recommend me a motor for my Bixler that ships from the US and doesn't take 3 weeks to get here? I'm not looking for Hobbyking prices obviously, but something reasonable, I buy most stuff from RMRC, but 70 for a motor is too much.

I don't know the exact weight of my plane, but it is a Bixler 1.1, with PZ0420 camera, 2200 - 4,000 mAh Lipo, 1.3 vTx with V antenna and a 2.4 receiver (I know, I know, that's all I have).

Also, I plan to use the CNC outrunner mount, so more options are available.

Thanks!
OrlandoP is offline Find More Posts by OrlandoP
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoP View Post
Can anyone recommend me a motor for my Bixler that ships from the US and doesn't take 3 weeks to get here? I'm not looking for Hobbyking prices obviously, but something reasonable, I buy most stuff from RMRC, but 70 for a motor is too much.

I don't know the exact weight of my plane, but it is a Bixler 1.1, with PZ0420 camera, 2200 - 4,000 mAh Lipo, 1.3 vTx with V antenna and a 2.4 receiver (I know, I know, that's all I have).

Also, I plan to use the CNC outrunner mount, so more options are available.

Thanks!
You want fast? go to RMRC, you want cheap go to Hobby King and get your motor in 2 months.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:05 PM
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Joined Mar 2007
285 Posts
I RMRC really the only supplier in the US that has a motor I can use? I really doubt it. I now headsuprc.com has a lot of motors in the US, I'm just not sure which one to choose.

I have a couple of KDA 20-22L at home and some DT750, but I don't think those are adequate for the Bixler, they have low kV rating.
OrlandoP is offline Find More Posts by OrlandoP