HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 04:56 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,821 Posts
Yeah .. get the V1 - so much room! Much better!
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 05:55 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
Who has these in stock please ?
The bixler is a v1 also, hobbyking only have the kit in stock though: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16545

I think they sell enough of these so backordering one shouldn't take too long.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old May 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,459 Posts
thanks
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old May 24, 2012, 07:25 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmschulman View Post
Another question for those of you taping the plane together instead of gluing: How are you installing the widely-recommended CF rod in the bottom of the fuselage? Everyone says to glue it in the belly antenna slot, but if you are taping it together I don't think you can do that unless you glue it to only one half of the slot. Any tips would be appreciated!
I attached the belly rod to one side and glue it in place. This keeps the over all strength just as if it was glued to both sides once it's taped together.
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old May 24, 2012, 08:16 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,459 Posts
Maiden my heavly loaded FPV version and it flys well. Boring as a LOS plane but thats not why I grabbed one. Works GREAT with 3s2 set up and a 1300 to power my Vids. Question for your modders. Thinking a more powerful motor and quiter prop would add value here. Could you guys suggest one please ? a direct replacment would be great as its a fiddle area to swap out. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmschulman View Post
Thanks for the tip. I was about to order some, but the shipping charges were outrageous. It would double the cost of the stuff. ($18 shipping for $17 in material.) I tried reducing the quantity, and the shipping went down but it was still more than double the cost of the film. ($14 shipping on $8 of material). Oh well.
My suggestion is to get the 12 inch width if you are concerned about shipping cost. Since he rolls your order onto a mandrel of some kind, width of sheet = length of mandrel = size of box needed. I got an $8 shipping cost to San Diego from Colorado, with only 12 inch sizes. The shipping method was USPS Priority, which is independent of weight and distance.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old May 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,082 Posts
I just bought this for my sky surfer motor is on the way planning to use a lower Kv motor with 8" props for my bixler, it will totally for FPV purpose

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=108
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old May 25, 2012, 11:59 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Ok I have been getting tired of my current sensor in the way of the batteries (makes setup a bi***), so I decided to wire it elseware, I just hope this AC power coord can handle the power draw (It should...).
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old May 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
I just bought this for my sky surfer motor is on the way planning to use a lower Kv motor with 8" props for my bixler, it will totally for FPV purpose

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=108
Yes bought one of Terry's adapters for my composite eagle 168. Brilliant workmanship
Old May 26, 2012, 07:23 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Ok I have been getting tired of my current sensor in the way of the batteries (makes setup a bi***), so I decided to wire it elseware, I just hope this AC power coord can handle the power draw (It should...).
AC power cord? Don't you mean DC.

I can help you determine if the cord is big enough. How many amps is it drawing and what size wire are you using?
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
AC power cord? Don't you mean DC.

I can help you determine if the cord is big enough. How many amps is it drawing and what size wire are you using?
Yeah I took a power coord from a dead appliance and turned it into some battery wire to move my current sensor... It's rare if I pull more then 22 amps total. I have no clue what AC 110v line is rated for on amps, but the wiring is just about the same thickness so I think it will work fine.

Wire is wire, there is no difference between AC and DC when it comes to a wire (Now how they USE that wire is a different story :P)
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Yeah I took a power coord from a dead appliance and turned it into some battery wire to move my current sensor... It's rare if I pull more then 22 amps total. I have no clue what AC 110v line is rated for on amps, but the wiring is just about the same thickness so I think it will work fine.

Wire is wire, there is no difference between AC and DC when it comes to a wire (Now how they USE that wire is a different story :P)
I got confused when you mentioned AC wire when all of the RC stuff is DC.

Your correct that there is technically no difference. Most appliances draw much less than 22 amps since the wall outlets are usually rated at 15 amps. Depending on the insulation #12 copper wire is good for about 25 amps.

If your cord is # 12 or larger you should be ok. My guess it will be smaller maybe #14 wire. Just check it to see if it gets real hot.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,679 Posts
What are your thoughts for cloverleaf antennas used on Tx modules?

Where to get cheapest?

I'm having serious trouble finding any 500mW+ 5,8GHz Tx in stock anywhere on the world, everything is pretty much sold out. Any ideas?
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old May 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I got confused when you mentioned AC wire when all of the RC stuff is DC.

Your correct that there is technically no difference. Most appliances draw much less than 22 amps since the wall outlets are usually rated at 15 amps. Depending on the insulation #12 copper wire is good for about 25 amps.

If your cord is # 12 or larger you should be ok. My guess it will be smaller maybe #14 wire. Just check it to see if it gets real hot.
Yeah I did a WOT test for about 5 seconds and noticed no difference, but it could take longer then that, hard to do WOT in my office as it blows papers all over the place :P.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven View Post
Do yourself a favor and install the Vtx and cloverleaf out on the wing past the aileron from the start. Usually its just three wires (servo wire) so its easy to bury out there. It will help your range considerably. I was advised of this when i set up my 200mw 5.8 setup but didnt listen and ended up regretting it. There are too many obstructions in the path of the signal when mounting it on the pod.
In fact, i don't get much range from that kit. My best is around 800m. I will give a try as you suggest
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover