HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsweb View Post
My latest video with the Bixler on an insane day to fly. Interestingly the OSD Arrow home was a little confusing because of the aircraft drifting due to strong winds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofIlc5xd2Cw
Next time you post a video like this can you also post an air sickness bag to go with it??

just kidding... another great video!
ilovefpv is offline Find More Posts by ilovefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 03:04 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv View Post
This is where I get confused - are EZ OSD and EasyOSD different products?
They are basicly the same from what I have seen. There are a few Easy OSD and EZ OSD sold by different companys. The Cyclops easy OSD again is sold by different dealers.
I got mine from BEVRC as I have delt with them in the past and was satisfied with their service.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:34 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
They are basicly the same from what I have seen. There are a few Easy OSD and EZ OSD sold by different companys. The Cyclops easy OSD again is sold by different dealers.
I got mine from BEVRC as I have delt with them in the past and was satisfied with their service.
well they are both OSD's but are totaly different too, the EZosd is more expensive than the cyclopse, and i think they use the name easy osd to piggy back the EZosd success, i have used the official EZosd and can say looking at the cyclopse i think it is ok but my personel preference is the EZosd, others may not agree, but its up to the individual
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:54 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueqd View Post
That's getting us pretty off topic. maybe how everyone mounts their OSD in their Bixler would be more appropriate.

How about we start a new thread with the OSD comparison table and ilovefpv's list of links and we can all discuss it there. I'd start it myself but I don't want to commit myself to being the librarian. Can the kind person please post a link to the OSD thread here when you've made it?
Since this is a FPV thread, anything related to FPV in the SkyS and Bix should be considered on topic. After you slap the camera and vid tx on it's a natural progression to upgrade and add more equipment. All components having to do with using these planes for FPV are relevant.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:53 PM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Since this is a FPV thread, anything related to FPV in the SkyS and Bix should be considered on topic. After you slap the camera and vid tx on it's a natural progression to upgrade and add more equipment. All components having to do with using these planes for FPV are relevant.
Not sure what to do here - for now I posted some of the info I have on my blog:

http://www.ilovefpv.com/2011/11/choo...pv-osd-system/
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:46 AM
Quads, 4 times the fun.
Australia, NSW, Brookvale
Joined Apr 2011
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I agree that an OSD is on topic, being relevant to FPV. I just thought that the topic of OSD's in general, the comparison of the different brands and which ones everyone prefers, was a separate topic and didn't necessarily have anything to do with the Bixler plane. I was just trying to keep the thread relevant to the Bixler, comparing OSD's could easily go over 100 posts without any mention of what plane anyone was using them in.

In my Bixler I'm going to be using my Rembizi OSD. I like how customizable the screen layout is, but I wish that it had an airspeed sensor. I'd also like to get a RTH autopilot eventually.
rogueqd is offline Find More Posts by rogueqd
Last edited by rogueqd; Nov 17, 2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: more waffling on...
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:48 AM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Are you using an OSD now - if so - which one?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:40 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
813 Posts
Quote:
..it certainly is an interesting subject to explore together.
Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoyed that I only had 9 pages to catch up on. I've only done "line of sight" so far, but I'm pretty much set to start FPV. I have a Bixler and use GoPro as my recording/flight camera, FY21AP for the return to home function, have now added eagle-eyes for diversity receiver with 3 wrap helical in combination with Cloverleaf for antennas, the eagle-eyes have four video outputs for goggles or monitors plus a usb output for a computer. Will try different options for myself and guest(S). I have a set of modded "headplays" and a 10" monitor right now that I will leave hooked up all the time. I have everything mounted in and on a box that can mount on my tripod. I also have a backpack frame that it all mount to if i want to be really mobile. (the monitor doesn't go with the backpack) - Here is what might be my last Line of Sight video till I do my first FPV --JOHN
2011-11-1 Potlatch Park-Bixler Airplane (2 min 40 sec)
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Last edited by digitalCAM; Nov 17, 2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. I really enjoyed that I only had 9 pages to catch up on. I've only done "line of sight" so far, but I'm pretty much set to start FPV. I have a Bixler and use GoPro as my recording/flight camera, FY21AP for the return to home function, have now added eagle-eyes for diversity receiver with 3 wrap helical in combination with Cloverleaf for antennas, the eagle-eyes have four video outputs for goggles or monitors plus a usb output for a computer. Will try different options for myself and guest(S). I have a set of modded "headplays" and a 10" monitor right now that I will leave hooked up all the time. I have everything mounted in and on a box that can mount on my tripod. I also have a backpack frame that it all mount to if i want to be really mobile. (the monitor doesn't go with the backpack) - Here is what might be my last Line of Sight video till I do my first FPV --JOHN http://vimeo.com/31468800
Glad you are enjoying the thread. I've got a feeling this thread is going to continue to grow steadily. Great video - and I'm subscribed to you on Vimeo...

So you are using the GoPro as your flight camera. Are you noticing any issues with latency which affects your FPV flying?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Interesting... Does it ever come apart?
oh so many times. If I glued it I had to build a new one each time I have to change somthing inside.

Only taping for me for FPV palnes.

It is strong as glue, and takes 15 mins to put together again. (and 3 to take apart).
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
oh so many times. If I glued it I had to build a new one each time I have to change somthing inside.

Only taping for me for FPV palnes.

It is strong as glue, and takes 15 mins to put together again. (and 3 to take apart).
Just curious, but do you have any videos showing how you do this?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
No, but what part don't you understand - I will try to explain.
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:08 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
I was on holidays and i really missed my fpv plane. So i have decided to build a plane witch will fit in the box for travelling by plane or car any ware you want.
Here i made a video, it might will help other to build something similar
bixler set up (3 min 49 sec)
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiutaS View Post
I was on holidays and i really missed my fpv plane. So i have decided to build a plane witch will fit in the box for travelling by plane or car any ware you want.
Here i made a video, it might will help other to build something similar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPtcc_YgNUQ
Luitas - very innovative... Amazing YouTube channel too! Subscribed!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:56 AM
Ireland, County Louth, Dundalk
Joined Aug 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Luitas - very innovative... Amazing YouTube channel too! Subscribed!
thanks man, glad you like it
LiutaS is offline Find More Posts by LiutaS