HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2011, 07:37 AM
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
Discussion
RC305 5.8Ghz receiver video out/recording problems

I'm having a problem with my RC305 5.8Ghz receiver that came with the hobbyking 5.8ghz 200mw rx/tx set.

During bench testing, I was using a 7" panasonic dvd player that has A/V in to view the video from the RC305. It was working great; the picture and sound were good.

I then wanted a method for recording the video. I first tried an old sony digital8 camcorder. Whenever I connect the cable up to the camcorder and put it into vtr mode, I hear a loud buzzing and the picture is scrambled whenever it makes an appearance on the little LCD on the camcorder (which isn't often, the screen is usually blue). I tested the cable that I used for the camcorder on the a/v out from a satellite dish receiver and the video displayed fine on the camcorder.

After trying different things to get that set up working, I decided to get an easycap. The same thing is happening, I get a picture that looks like an old "scrambled" tv signal. I noticed that if I pull the 3.5mm plug a click out of the RC305, that I get clear picture on the easycap but whenever I record, I get the load buzzing.

Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? I have attached 2 screen caps of what I see from the easycap when I have the cable fully inserted.
srk.heli is offline Find More Posts by srk.heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2011, 08:24 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srk.heli View Post
I'm having a problem with my RC305 5.8Ghz receiver that came with the hobbyking 5.8ghz 200mw rx/tx set.

During bench testing, I was using a 7" panasonic dvd player that has A/V in to view the video from the RC305. It was working great; the picture and sound were good.

I then wanted a method for recording the video. I first tried an old sony digital8 camcorder. Whenever I connect the cable up to the camcorder and put it into vtr mode, I hear a loud buzzing and the picture is scrambled whenever it makes an appearance on the little LCD on the camcorder (which isn't often, the screen is usually blue). I tested the cable that I used for the camcorder on the a/v out from a satellite dish receiver and the video displayed fine on the camcorder.

After trying different things to get that set up working, I decided to get an easycap. The same thing is happening, I get a picture that looks like an old "scrambled" tv signal. I noticed that if I pull the 3.5mm plug a click out of the RC305, that I get clear picture on the easycap but whenever I record, I get the load buzzing.

Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? I have attached 2 screen caps of what I see from the easycap when I have the cable fully inserted.
I don't think we have enough information, but to me it sounds like the rc305 is having an issue on (one?) of the two TV-out paths. Is it the same on both connections?
Try to get a replacement or if this is too tedious, open it up and check the area around the connectors for shorts or bad solder joints.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:07 AM
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
It happens on both of the outputs, but only when I attach equipment other than that 7" panasonic lcd screen.

When I pipe the output to the 7" lcd screen, it works fine. Video and audio is clear when the 3.5mm connectors are seated all the way in.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:16 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srk.heli View Post
It happens on both of the outputs, but only when I attach equipment other than that 7" panasonic lcd screen.

When I pipe the output to the 7" lcd screen, it works fine. Video and audio is clear when the 3.5mm connectors are seated all the way in.
Oups, too quick with answering :-). Do you use the same cable with teh 7" lcd and the recording devices?
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:18 AM
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Same with BOTH outputs?
Yes, to the point where I have the 7" LCD in one output working fine and a recording device (either the easycap or the digital8 camcorder) in the other doing the buzzing and garbled video. I swap the two at the RC305 and I'm in the same situation.
Old Nov 04, 2011, 09:20 AM
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
Oups, too quick with answering :-). Do you use the same cable with teh 7" lcd and the recording devices?
Yes for connecting the camcorder, but I can't for the easycap. The easy cap has RCA female jacks. The camcorder and 7" LCD have 3.5mm A/V jacks.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
I just ended up pulling the 3.5mm cable out of the receiver until I found a sweet spot where the video and audio were displayed well.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 05:20 PM
Joined Apr 2011
48 Posts
Some 3.5 mm A/V input have a different pinout. Are you sure that you have the right cable ?

I've seen three differents pinouts for 4 pins 3.5mm connectors.
HexaTech is offline Find More Posts by HexaTech