HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, IN, Bloomington
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Yup, it just helped me. Ten of them, $32 and change shipped. I hope they will get here by the time the MIG 15 and Carbon Cub get here.
Thanks
Ron
Glad it worked for you! I am also looking at the Carbon Cub that is a cool plane. I think the MIG is cool too but probably beyond my skill level at this point.
Lumpy05 is online now Find More Posts by Lumpy05
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
Glad it worked for you! I am also looking at the Carbon Cub that is a cool plane. I think the MIG is cool too but probably beyond my skill level at this point.
It is above my skill level too. But I have never let that stop me before.:-)
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Feb 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
Is that a common balance connector on this battery? I have several chargers that use the charge boards that will charge anything from 2s to 6s batteries. If that is a balance connector, like I think it might be, I might not need any adapters.
Thanks
Ron
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
It is above my skill level too. But I have never let that stop me before.:-)
Ron
Funny, I had that same thought.

I'm getting the Beast 3D as my learning curve plane. Hopefully it will prep me for the Carbon Cub and maybe some other planes down the road. Dont know about jets I dont think I have the flying space.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Is that a common balance connector on this battery? I have several chargers that use the charge boards that will charge anything from 2s to 6s batteries. If that is a balance connector, like I think it might be, I might not need any adapters.
Thanks
Ron
No, it's not your typical balance connector. You will need an adapter. Check RCconnectors.com. While you're at it, you should probably get a parallel connector, it's worth it with so many batteries!

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...e0ta5eq145ghe2

There's other places as well who are making those adapters now, so shop around!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:50 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy05 View Post
Couldnt get the other buddy codes to work here is my code for the nanotech 2S 180 mah if it helps someone out:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-9BE4C139FFA7
Worked for me 13.24 for 4 of them Shipped. Sweet. I already had 2 but at that price it was hard to pass up. THANKS!
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:13 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,820 Posts
Buddy codes seem weird. I also used http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-9BE4C139FFA7 and ordered 3 ea. which was around $10.50 with shipping so like $3.50 ea..

I tried 4 ,6,8,10 and it would not let me place the order. Others have posted that 3 is the max. at one time using a Buddy code. Due not believe it has anything to do with membership level as mine is Platinum which really just means I have purchased from them more than a few times.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:24 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Buddy codes seem weird. I also used http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-9BE4C139FFA7 and ordered 3 ea. which was around $10.50 with shipping so like $3.50 ea..

I tried 4 ,6,8,10 and it would not let me place the order. Others have posted that 3 is the max. at one time using a Buddy code. Due not believe it has anything to do with membership level as mine is Platinum which really just means I have purchased from them more than a few times.

Charles
Totally agree with you Charles! I could never order more than 3 items on the Buddy codes myself (but luckily I order often, so it's not a major problem). But yep, it's been confirmed that many have been able to order 10 or more items on one buddy code. I guess they should call their system: Buggy codes, not buddy codes.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
When I ordered 10, it was the first time I had ever used a buddy code. I put 3 in the cart, then added the buddy code and then changed the amount to 10. It worked for me. It worked out to $3.252 each, shipped. I am also platinum, but as others have said, I don't think it matters.
I got a tracking# now, so something is happening.
Ron
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:10 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Quote:
When I ordered 10, it was the first time I had ever used a buddy code. I put 3 in the cart, then added the buddy code and then changed the amount to 10. It worked for me. It worked out to $3.252 each, shipped. I am also platinum, but as others have said, I don't think it matters.
I got a tracking# now, so something is happening.
Ron
You may have found the bug here! Normally, you click on the buddy code, then buy it, then change qty to 3... I'll definitively try your way next time (cart first, then buddy code, then change amount). Could be it!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:00 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
That's how I did it for 4. Put 1 in the cart then changed the amount to 4.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:31 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
That's how I did it for 4. Put 1 in the cart then changed the amount to 4.
Although they charged me and I paid, I still haven't had them ship yet. ?????
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
My order did ship and according to tracking it was last seen stateside in NYC this week. So maybe Ill get mine by the end of the week. Hobbyking orders are slow....
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:19 AM
United States, WY, Jackson
Joined May 2007
115 Posts
Can you use the charger that came with the planes on this? Or do I need to buy a different one? Thanks!
marriola is offline Find More Posts by marriola
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marriola View Post
Can you use the charger that came with the planes on this? Or do I need to buy a different one? Thanks!

I dont know which charger or plane you are referring to? I bought these batteries for a UMX Beast 3D which did not come with a charger. I am using a lipo charger with a special lead for this type of battery.