HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:14 PM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
Discussion
Kk blackboard v5.5 help!

how do i use the jumper cables? as well in command i get unable to acess jar file multicopterkr... i need help thanks
slakster is offline Find More Posts by slakster
Last edited by slakster; Nov 03, 2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Which jumper cables? The ones from the board to the receiver?

If so, this manual may help (the blackboard is much like the blue board in this guide) - there are some useful pictures in there, showing how the board connects to the Rx.

http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.html?modea=manual
David Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by David Jenkins
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
thanks but my jumper cables are like this:
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=kk+boa...-c-422.html&do
Old Nov 03, 2011, 03:55 PM
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
Yep - exactly the same as mine!

The lead that has 3 wires in the plug at each end goes from the kk board to the receiver in the normal way - either on the left or the right of the 4 positions - make sure you get the plugs the right way around (black to the outside of the kk board).

The single plug with 3 wires of the other lead goes across the 3 remaining signal pins on the kk board (it doesn't need the red and black wires for each position), then on the receiver you put each of the 3 plugs into the correct place - you're only connecting the 3 signal wires here. Look at the manual in the link I gave you, about half-way through, and you'll see leads connected from the board to the receiver. This should give you the general idea.

Unfortunately I had to replace the 1-into-3 single plug for 3 separate ones because the spacing between the 3 sets of pins was too great to plug in as it was meant to...

You could use 3 more 3-way leads (like the other lead supplied) if you don't fancy doing it this way.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:11 PM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
can u send me pics of it i'm quite not understanding it and thanks
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Aug 2011
306 Posts
This is probably a better picture than I could manage:

The right-hand lead is the one with 3 wires into the plug at each end. This goes from whichever is the rudder output on the receiver (port 4 on this rx) to the right-hand connection on the board.

The other lead is the one that splits out into 3 small plugs at one end. The plug with 3 wires goes ACROSS the remaining 3 ports on the kk board, on the inner signal pins. The other end goes to each of the 3 receiver outputs (elevator/pitch, aileron/roll and throttle), but only connect to the signal pin of each. In the picture, the black wire connects to the left-hand pin on the kk board and port 1 of the rx, red to port 2, white to port 3. If you have a different receiver then you'll have to work out which outlet is which (read the manual!).

I can't make it any easier!
Old Nov 03, 2011, 07:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
77 Posts
thxs a lot have a good day
Old Nov 04, 2011, 02:21 AM
Awaiting software update..
United Kingdom, Yorkshire
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
I bought this version of the board...it came with 2 connectors as in those pics BUT if as it suggests you use a single signal wire to the RX then why not put on a connector which will bridge the board pins across-ways instead of one that doesn't fit? You have to go shopping again to find the right one (is there a proper name for the wider spaced connector?) or start cobbling together connectors from bits you may already have.

CPF
Ironframe is offline Find More Posts by Ironframe