HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLD View Post
How would you feel if I got the SLOGGER out, dumping raw serial data, and then worked on the viewing app? The data can actually be turned into graphs via Excel or gnuplot already.

At times I think it might have been easier to make this unit with a microSD card instead.
I'm game as long as you've got my back if I have trouble. Let's try it!

R
modbuilder is offline Find More Posts by modbuilder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:13 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
I don't see that as being a big problem - upside is,since the data will be in human-readable format it at least won't be "locked" if something horrid happens to me (like I win a million dollars and run away )
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
Go!
Old Feb 04, 2012, 07:58 PM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
Paul -- check out thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1586567 . This is exactly what got you and me started on some of the products that you have now. I didn't want to send them here until you have SLOGGER for sale, but the seperate servo fuses and regulators are dead on target with their problem. I'll let you decide whether to weigh in on that thread with solutions.

I'm ready to try out the SLOGGER and the two other items you're holding for me. Any update?

R
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:11 PM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
No more delays - sending it out tomorrow to you - along with a data-transfer converter too for the SLOGGER

Might be worth you waiting to receive the unit and see what you think as well.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:03 AM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
Made my day! Thanks, Paul -- am excited to get it and check it out. I have a replacement for the Extreme Flight Edge that got all this started when I lost it to a frozen servo that overloaded the ESC, and I've been holding off on setting it up until I had this stuff to make sure it isn't going to do this again. What you've done is really exciting. THANKS.........R

BTW -- I've paid for the first two purchases that you've been holding to ship together, but I owe you for the SLOGGER. Send me a PayPal invoice, and I'll settle up.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:44 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
This SLOGGER is on the house - for being so patient, and your contributions towards the ideas from the start.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 02:27 PM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
WOW! What a treat. What a guy.

As soon as I can speak from first hand experience with the new tools you're providing, I hope to get other flyers to recognize that they don't have to just sit back and accept the problems that we've been living with. Keeping a plane in the air is tough enough without having a component failure take out the whole thing. Man, this is exciting.

We've got SEFF coming up in a couple of months and Joe Nall shortly afterward. Any chance you could come to Georga/South Carolina and show off some of your stuff to the crowds? The crowd at Joe Nall will number in the thousands for the week. I'll bet Cliff Whitney could find a spot on the radio show for you too.

Thanks, Paul. Best regards................. Bob R.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:49 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Just letting you know that since the start of Feb I've had a very bad crash of anxiety disorder and I've shut the shop down, there's simply no way I can keep going with NQRC in this current medical state, I'm sorry to everyone.

Anyhow, your package is away and on its way to you - complete with even more extras, since I won't be using/selling them after this

It was a great last run there Bob thanks to your inspiration and ideas, but I can't do this any more, at least not for the forseeable future.

Let me know when the gear gets there.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:30 AM
KJ4WFG
United States, SC, York
Joined Dec 2007
579 Posts
sending pm