HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Aileron servo selection depend on what you expect from plane. If build super light, and you don't want crazy roll authority single JR290 will be good enought. But if you want hi end setup, i would recommend putting two JR290 on ailerons, and connect them to 2s lypo (as far as i know this works fine, but manufacturer does not recommend this). Single servo option would be Hitec 65hb.
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Great news just came back home from Spain and i find Sultimate V3 kits. New Sultimate looks Awesome, very bright color sheme, and some new neat details. I will give you more details tomorrow and show you some close pictures.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:43 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Great news just came back home from Spain and i find Sultimate V3 kits. ...
How was Spain? Looking forward to a Facebook Update.

One video I have already found:

XTIC 2012 Donatas Pauzuolis.... (4 min 50 sec)

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:19 AM
Andres Girabel
España, AL, Málaga
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
...The same video for app mobile or blogs pages in :

http://www.videofy.me/v/362150

....good job from Don here in Spain, really.
hstv is offline Find More Posts by hstv
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Feb 2011
19 Posts
One other very nice plane Donatas !
Why did you prefer the Arrow for freestyle? Witch one have more wing area?
Thanks.
Max Se is offline Find More Posts by Max Se
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Hy guys, I just got the Kit, but i wonder where is the CG on this plane, if someone could help me out.

Thanks
yellowdogaero is offline Find More Posts by yellowdogaero
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Please Someone
yellowdogaero is offline Find More Posts by yellowdogaero
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
20 Posts
hi donatas

hi donatas i just want to ask how can i built the plane if theres no build instructions on it and thank you
iloveflying is offline Find More Posts by iloveflying
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:38 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
899 Posts
I suppose Donatas doesn't have the manual for Sultimate ready yet but the Arrow V5 manual should be helpful, the planes are similar:
http://donatasdesign.com/downloads/M...owV5Manual.pdf

Apparently his web page is under heavy construction too but probably that link works regardless.
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed View Post
I suppose Donatas doesn't have the manual for Sultimate ready yet but the Arrow V5 manual should be helpful, the planes are similar:
http://donatasdesign.com/downloads/M...owV5Manual.pdf

Apparently his web page is under heavy construction too but probably that link works regardless.
Thank you for covering my back mate! Reality: this is first year starting my own business and so far i do everything alone. So sorry for delay with manuals, Sultimate can be build using Arrow manual for sure. I will check exact CG on my plane when i return home, Right now im on the way back from Finland F3P championship.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:08 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
899 Posts
You are most welcome! It was nice to chat with you in Iittala and I hope you will make it back home OK. Your AM routine was extremely cool and you deserved the win.

The F3P FAI competition was also very exciting and I enjoyed competing against Evaldas and all the other guys in Sport class.

***Risto***
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
317 Posts
I test flew my V3 this weekend. While there are no instructions, the assembly was pretty easy and very much like the Arrow V5 (instructions link previously posted).

Couple points -
- Thicker CF rod is for LG, wing spars, and aileron pushrods.
- Thinner CF rod is for tail and fuselage bracing.
- Flat CF is for wing LE and TE and fuse sides, and strengthening the aileron counterbalances and ele center section.
- Locations for all the CF rod gluing locations are marked on the foam with small holes.

I used a little bit of extra fiberglass cloth in a few places (I always have) and added pinned hinges at the attachment point of all control horns to strengthen the hingelines.

I built mine with an Eflite Park 280 as a test for the motor. Very efficient, but power is down a bit to the Hacker A10-9L, and further behind an AXI 2203 RACE or Neutrino 1215-6Y. 9x4.7 or 8x6 should put the power close to a 9L, but I didn't have any of those with me.

The CG location marked on the wing is at 220mm from the nose. For me, the airplane is very neutral at that location, and I prefer about 215mm, which requires just the tiniest bit of down elevator.

I built mine with an Eflite Park 280 as a test for the motor. Very efficient, but power is down a bit to the Hacker A10-9L, and further behind an AXI 2203 RACE or Neutrino 1215-6Y. 9x4.7 or 8x6 should put the power close to a 9L, but I didn't have any of those with me.

With Thunder Power ProPower 65C 25, Castle Creations Phx 10, JR290G ail, JR188 rud/ele, and Spektrum AR6115E, weight on my plane is 5.3 oz (150 grams) with minimal measures to lighten the plane. Plane is very stiff and feels solid in the air.

I've flown the SUltimate V2 and Arrow V5 a lot. I would say this V3 is definitely a step up in performance from the V2, and pretty close to the Arrow for roll rates and corners, but, the Arrow still does tighter KE maneuvers.

I should have more kits in stock in the US in a couple weeks (Arrow and Symmetric are in stock now).

Some pics attached.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Last edited by DaveL322; Feb 22, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
317 Posts
Biggest difference is larger fuse on Arrow. Wing and stab are slightly larger on the Arrow.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Last edited by DaveL322; Feb 22, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:33 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveL322 View Post
I test flew my V3 this weekend. While there are no instructions, the assembly was pretty easy and very much like the Arrow V5 (instructions link previously posted).

Couple points -
- Thicker CF rod is for LG, wing spars, and aileron pushrods.
- Thinner CF rod is for tail and fuselage bracing.
- Flat CF is for wing LE and TE and fuse sides, and strengthening the aileron counterbalances and ele center section.
- Locations for all the CF rod gluing locations are marked on the foam with small holes.

I used a little bit of extra fiberglass cloth in a few places (I always have) and added pinned hinges at the attachment point of all control horns to strengthen the hingelines.

The CG location marked on the wing is at 220mm from the nose. For me, the airplane is very neutral at that location, and I prefer about 215mm, which requires just the tiniest bit of down elevator.

With Thunder Power ProPower 65C 25, Castle Creations Phx 10, JR290G ail, JR188 rud/ele, and Spektrum AR6115E, weight on my plane is 5.3 oz (150 grams) with minimal measures to lighten the plane. Plane is very stiff and feels solid in the air.

I've flown the SUltimate V2 and Arrow V5 a lot. I would say this V3 is definitely a step up in performance from the V2, and pretty close to the Arrow for roll rates and corners, but, the Arrow still does tighter KE maneuvers.

I should have more kits in stock in the US in a couple weeks (Arrow and Symmetric are in stock now).

Some pics attached.

Regards,

Dave
Hello Dave thank you for very nice update and ideas about your setup. So far i had not so much time on V3 Sultimate, but soon i plan to make promotional video for this baby I agree plane fly better than V2
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:31 AM
Sarven Bedikoglu
Türkiye, Istanbul, Istanbul
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
Hi Don,

Is there any updates about the Sultimate V3. Any review videos or flight performs of your own?

I have Hacker 10-9L and AXI 2203/46 both with Hacker x-7 esc. I have GWS 8x4DD and 8x4.3SF props as well. Which combination would you suggest me to use on such a plane like sultimate v3 or arrow v5.

regards.
sarvenn is online now Find More Posts by sarvenn