HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:12 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,383 Posts
sweet i am ready this time for sure.
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
New Formula
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:25 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,567 Posts
Adams is tweaking the compound to attempt to eliminate the stripes that we found on the material now designated as "seconds". They didn't tell us what is being changed (as you might expect), but it could be melt temp/viscosity/blowing agent along with heats, pressures and speeds to tune the process. The goal is still the same as the original material spec and to consistently achieve the first quality finish, thickness, density, etc.
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Its going to be sweet when the process is finally dialed in. It will really shorten the production time between available batches. Am no way am I critiquing the way MPF is run, but when the formula is finally deemed damn near perfect, does MPF plan to order in larger batches to have a supply constantly on hand? I have a feeling you will see the demand for your product grow. It's in direct competition with depron and FFF, and nicely compromises between the two of them.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:52 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
We have a purchase order in now for almost 4 times the original order. It is expected to be produced in one run, but we will receive it in two shipments. If all goes well we could have some firmer dates next week. We expect to have a continuous supply on hand as soon as the manufacturer can supply it.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,355 Posts
Well crashed my Divinity wing on it's maiden flight . First time I've flown a wing, it flew good but was a little nose heavy and I stalled it in a turn. So now I'm having fun repairing MPF. Good thing there was 16 sheets in the box
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
This material is soooo fine. It's great having something that flexes and bounces back more than Depron but lacks the inconsistency and wacky production defects found in FFF. So far I've only flown planes where I made repairs (replaced tail feathers, etc.) using MPF. I haven't had a chance to fly a new plane built exclusively from Adams material yet. Stay tuned, because I suspect this stuff may exceed my expectations. Heh.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,405 Posts
Well, It was great day at Toledo today. We sold nearly all that we could have, and in fact if I was thinking, I should have bought the last bundle so Don could enjoy the rest of the show. That was all that was left, plus 2 sheets. Anyway, I want to thank Erik (tvcasualty) for picking up the lions share of 10 boxes. That was an even more awesome deal when shipping and taxes is not involved. I think we still have about 10 boxes left, and Mike is taking them to the show for tomorrow.

I also want to plug Erik and his partners beautiful CNC machine. It is a combo hotwire and spindle router, the likes of which I have never seen. It sure was getting alot of attention. Good job guys!

Got to meet a few folks from RCGroups in person. Thank you for introducing yourselves, RJKIRK, and WMParkflyer, and I have already mentioned TVCasualty.

Mike, save me a box
Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Apr 13, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
The world in foam & tissue
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2010
615 Posts
Heading there right now! Sorry I missed you Ken. Would have like to thank you in person for all your work!
Rasterize is offline Find More Posts by Rasterize
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:56 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
As Ken said, it was great to see and chat with some of the guys who have contributed to this thread.
When I closed up and headed home there were just 5 sheet of foam left. Mike will be in the swap shop area tomorrow with pretty much the last of it. Anyone who wants a box of these seconds should get the order in right away or see Mike tomorrow in Toledo.
Don
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
Lost in Oblivia
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2010
119 Posts
I must have missed this one.... and I can't find anything in a search on this site either, could you throw me a bone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
I also want to plug Erik and his partners beautiful CNC machine. It is a combo hotwire and spindle router, the likes of which I have never seen. It sure was getting alot of attention. Good job guys!
Road trip tomorrow, a case of foam awaits me across the border!

Regards

Christian
kaptain_zero is offline Find More Posts by kaptain_zero
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
http://foamcasualty.com/
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:29 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain_zero View Post
I must have missed this one.... and I can't find anything in a search on this site either, could you throw me a bone?

Road trip tomorrow, a case of foam awaits me across the border!

Regards

Christian
Heres his thread here on it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1618001
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
Lost in Oblivia
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2010
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Thanks a bunch to you and Don!

Christian
kaptain_zero is offline Find More Posts by kaptain_zero
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
Erik Is a super cool guy and one heck of a designer & builder!

I want to plug Eriks website www.foamcasualty.com
It is a well spring full of very useful information on everything that has anything to do with this hobby from designing with Google Sketch Up to building the planes.
if you have not seen the F4U Corsair workshop in the scratch built forum you need to check it out, this would be an excellent warbird to build with some MPF!
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan