SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
Hey Don, I take it that the number means that 39 boxes of foam had to be scrapped? Ouch is right! What are you going to do with all of the extra junky stuff? Surely you can't use ALL of it

Have you decided if you're going to sell some beat up foam at a discount price to help with getting rid of it? I *might* be willing to buy some if that's the case.
You can buy a bunch of beat up stuff and the dollar store.lol joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:14 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
You can buy a bunch of beat up stuff and the dollar store.lol joe
No, no, no. I want the GOOD beat up stuff
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
I think I have counted 8 deliveries of foam, not counting Ken, Mike and Don at 'The Barn'. Mine should be here tomorrow, and I think just one other report of scheduled arrival tomorrow too. That makes 10, mine taking 3 business days to smack dab in the middle of the USA.

Since I'm right in the middle of a build, still thinking what to build. Isn't that a terrible problem to have? The next thing slated was going to be Blue fff because it is going to be the proverbial beater. Not going to waste precious cargo.

Hey I got 20 pristine sheets of DT foam available. Still protected by factory paper, plenty of waves to help stiffen the flexibility of the sheets. Smaller size for ease of handling. Wish Joe was around these parts because he could add them to his stock pile, and they would transport on the back of a Harley just fine.

Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,377 Posts
I bought the last three sheets my local dollar store had a month ago .A normal company would order a new batch but if you have a kid running the place like here, i think all he is worried about is chacing foo foo around after work and clearing up his face. . joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:06 PM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
872 Posts
Like the way they destroy my guitars and amplifiers and loose my parcels, UPS screws up a box of foam. Gaft up my foam delivery. About 5 sheets on the long corner of the box......cut in about 2 inches. I can AND will work around the damage. No giant scale wings out of those sheets........bummer!

Just letting you know if it can get damaged UPS, will do their best to ruin it!

Nice foam! Thanks for getting this done!
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
CA
Joined Dec 2003
486 Posts
My delivery will be the test as I'm in CA...
ETA - Friday... opc orn:
blindflight is online now Find More Posts by blindflight
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,357 Posts
Got mine today. Box was in near perfect shape other then extremely minor denting in one corner looks great. Can't wait to work with it this weekend.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindflight View Post
My delivery will be the test as I'm in CA...
ETA - Friday... opc orn:
Should we start a pool on the number of major dents they put in it?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
Should we start a pool on the number of major dents they put in it?
I think that is a contest thread that the employees at UPS run on their company web site. Prizes go to the funniest damage. I think the guy throwing the flat screen computer monitor over an unlocked gate, while the owner was home, won 2 months ago. Now you got us all worried!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:23 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,560 Posts
Ahhh, but that was a FEDEX guy saying Merry Xmas !
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:18 PM
USA, MD, Joppa
Joined Jul 2003
79 Posts
Received my foam today both box and foam in perfect condition. Can't wait to start using the foam guess I better get the vacuum table for my CNC finished..
Sam Harbold is offline Find More Posts by Sam Harbold
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:47 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Foam order received and the box was in good shape! Is it just me or are the sheets warped I pulled out several sheets from the middle and they are curled on both axis long and short direction. I can work with this but was hoping for fairly straight sheets. Maybe it was left in the UPS truck to long and got heat soaked. Good luck on your sales !
John
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Last edited by xtremeRCpilot; Mar 20, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay View Post
Ahhh, but that was a FEDEX guy saying Merry Xmas !
Fedex destroyed my 1962 Fender Twin Reverb and if you read the fine print on the shipping receipt...it doesn't matter how much it is insured for......collectables are only covered up to $500.....at least back when it happened. Always a crap shoot with the major carriers whether it will survive shipping or not.......LOL!
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,575 Posts
hey, we appreciate you guys reporting on how your foam arrived. Like it or not, y'all are the testers for our packaging survivability. So far it sounds like it's fairing pretty well, although I don't know how we'd protect against the damage RMS's got! (maybe half inch plate?)

Extremerc: the gentle curl is one of the variables we've seen, I doubt that the process will achieve perfect plate glass flattness, but it does seem to be capable right now of achieving just a gentle curve to nearly flat (lays flat when laying on a flat surface), and we'll be working with Adams to improve that. We believe that there are some process parameters that can be tweaked to improve the foam. For the first run ever of this particular setup, they got awfully close to the optimum.
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
No problem, I will find good use of it and since i would have to regenerate code files from my depron sheets I will adjust my new files leaving a couple inches from the curved edges. Great looking otherwise and I will keep my eye on the progress of future foam orders and quality. Thanks for the super customer service!
John
xtremeRCpilot is offline Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot