HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: How much foam do you consume?
1 bundle or less per year 83 33.88%
1-2 bundles per year 98 40.00%
2-6 bundles per year 42 17.14%
1-2 bundles per month 7 2.86%
2-4 bundles per month 4 1.63%
4 or more bundles per month 11 4.49%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
fly it crash it fix it
Joined Feb 2009
169 Posts
Got my box today. Have not opened it yet. I was surprised to see one end of the box crumpled. I don't think any of the foam got damaged but wont know until I do a reveal at one of our South Bend RC club meetings (Tomorrow). Just a thought... I would be willing to throw in a few bucks for some corner post tapped to the outside of the package. It could be just me because I've worked in the packaging industry since 95 and I know that shipping companies really don't care what's inside the package. My last purchase of blue FFF was only four dollars and it looked like it went through a war zone. I wasted eight sheets of it getting my phlatprinter dialed in for this new stuff. It will be nice to have some decent white foam to finally build with.
flyn_brian is offline Find More Posts by flyn_brian
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Hate wasting space, mine is scheduled Wednesday, 21-Mar-12. I'M less than 700 miles from shipment zone, but the tracking shows it is stopping in just about every State in between. Guess they all heard about MPF and are checking it out! LOL

No hurry, but it will probably make it to the West Coast faster since it will be loaded on one big truck and go direct with few if any stops. Such is the modern World.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:19 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
Got the First (of many) Box

I stepped out early this evening to fly an AirfoilZ Extra 300NX and a couple of park jets. When I got back there was a surprise on my porch.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:06 AM
Watsonville CA
Joined Jun 2008
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Hate wasting space, mine is scheduled Wednesday, 21-Mar-12. I'M less than 700 miles from shipment zone, but the tracking shows it is stopping in just about every State in between. Guess they all heard about MPF and are checking it out! LOL

No hurry, but it will probably make it to the West Coast faster since it will be loaded on one big truck and go direct with few if any stops. Such is the modern World.

Fred

Mine got shipped today and is schedule to arrived this Friday hehe
gsumano is offline Find More Posts by gsumano
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,588 Posts
First shipment is soldout!

Good morning!
Things were a little hectic yesterday so I missed posting our status. We have now inspected every sheet of foam.

Unfortunately, we are only going to be able to sell 61 boxes from our first shipment. Those 61 have already been sent confirmation emails and most have been shipped. Those who's orders came in after 61 will be getting an email today. We will post a message on the website so those placing orders know they are ordering an out of stock item.

We will continue to accept orders which will be fulfilled from the next shipment in the order they arrive. You can now order as many boxes as you like. (The one box limit which was to expire tomorrow is mute.)

We hope the out of stock condition only lasts a week or two but it could be longer. We will let you know ASAP when the next shipment is expected.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
Unfortunately, we are only going to be able to sell 61 boxes from our first shipment.
Ouch that's rough. But I suppose the first run of any new product is never perfect. Just gotta correct the issues and plow forward.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:09 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Sold out! And I'm still waiting for my first box to arrive. I don't build too fast so I'll be OK, however I do think everything points to a avid future of ordering more supply. As you perfect your system of stocking product, I'll be perfecting mine. Say order when I'm at 30% stock left on hand.

Glad I am on the ground floor with procurement and pending fabrication trials.

Fred
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,539 Posts
If my biz partner wasn't literally sleeping on my sofa in wait of the client's hardware jockeys getting their act together I'd be on this stuff like stink on pig. I can't really justify setting aside my paying work while the guy is away from his home and family, y'know?

But stay tuned, kiddies. I'll have a new plane done using MPF material before the end of the week, you betcha.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,424 Posts
Quote:
Sold out! And I'm still waiting for my first box to arrive. I don't build too fast so I'll be OK, however I do think everything points to a avid future of ordering more supply. As you perfect your system of stocking product, I'll be perfecting mine. Say order when I'm at 30% stock left on hand.

Glad I am on the ground floor with procurement and pending fabrication trials.

Fred
Freddie if the truck with yours drives by me you might have a longer wait. I have been getting different kinds of foam together and a box of this nice stuff would top it off. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Freddie if the truck with yours drives by me you might have a longer wait. I have been getting different kinds of foam together and a box of this nice stuff would top it off. joe
It might hurt you trying to escape! You know it want's to be here, safe and sound, with somebody that loves it for who it is! LOL

Fred
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,424 Posts
Quote:
It might hurt you trying to escape! You know it want's to be here, safe and sound, with somebody that loves it for who it is! LOL

Fred
Yea you better have it ,i would just muck it up at this stage in my foam building.lmao I will make a mess of the free foam i have collected then buy some good foam off of these nice folks later. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
Columbus Ohio.
Joined Aug 2006
151 Posts
I got my foam yesterday afternoon (Columbus, OH).
It' looks great!!!
The box came in pristine condition.

I used a full sheet last night in making a large wing by sandwiching two half sheets together lengthwise with a couple of embedded carbon rods.

The foam cuts very nicely on my foam cutting tables.
I hope to start a build thread shortly of my new design.
I may actually have the plane done by the weekend to maiden.
Then, if all goes well I'll start a build thread...(but, if things go south...I don't want to embarass myself...lol).

Also, maybe I'll do a build thread of my foam cutting tables...they may be of interest.
RJKIRK is offline Find More Posts by RJKIRK
Last edited by RJKIRK; Mar 20, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
My box of MPF just arrived
I inspected the foam and it looks really good
not sure when I will get to building anything with it but when I am ready to build I will have some top quality foam to build with
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Got mine to.

The box had a small ding in the side that left a ding in one sheet but only on one side of the sheet, wasn't enough to show through the other side. So it survived the shipping ok.

Mine seems to measure out at 6 - 6.3 mm in thickness.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post

Unfortunately, we are only going to be able to sell 61 boxes from our first shipment.
Hey Don, I take it that the number means that 39 boxes of foam had to be scrapped? Ouch is right! What are you going to do with all of the extra junky stuff? Surely you can't use ALL of it

Have you decided if you're going to sell some beat up foam at a discount price to help with getting rid of it? I *might* be willing to buy some if that's the case.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40