HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:03 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,768 Posts
I would also like to see someone holding it. And many shots of the retract quality.
Pepperpete is online now Find More Posts by Pepperpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
I can't say much more till tomorrow, because tomorrow I am going to give you guys, world's FIRST!!! In Person Pictures of the SU-35

Ask me right NOW to what you wanna see!

I am gonna take pictures of the battery compartment, retracts close up, elevators, actual build quality and much more!
How is the canopy secured to the fuselage?

Plastic or metal gear stock servos?

Kwik links and surface horns used on stock airplane.

I'd like ot see if there is a rod reinforcing the wing from one tip to the other or if it is just glued like in the euro.

No hopes of wings being detachable?

More: Bring the WEIGHT of the motors+fans so that we can compare with other systems. Any thrust trusty info?

Voltage limit of stock motors.

Confirm EDF counter rotating blades.

TV MAXIMUM ANGLES OF DEFLECTION.

Landing Gear Door mechanisms.

All surface hinges.

Exact diametre of fan housing.

Wheel diametre and wheel rubber quality.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Last edited by SU-4ever; Nov 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:21 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,137 Posts
I need to know

1/ who will carry yhis SU-35 in US?
2/ will the SU-35 airframe with retracts be available?
flylow2011 is online now Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Nov 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
NS my additional like to see list; You may want to do a video also so that we can observe thing that we may not have thought to list.

1) Stabilators: Servo mount, pivot hinge and actuation linkage. Does it run under the lower Vert Stab? And where is its servo mounted; in the duct? I assume these are the two 17g servos.

2) Component distribution: Where in the duct from inlet to nozzle is the EDF, ESC and Batt mounted. i.e. Distance from Batt to ESC to EDF. Is the ESC in the duct flow or external? is the battery bay cramped and since they ask for one 3800s 6S or two 3600 3S how are they mounted; tandem, saddled, paired? Assumed the obvious paired. I have a few 3S 4000s so kust curious if I can use them.

3) BEC? Does it have a separate BEC or internal on the ESC?

4) Why 11 servos. My count looked like it only needed 10 or 9.

5) TV: If you say the TV is more snug, how so? Did they remold or redesign. Please show the changes if any. I never really had mine loose so this could be just a production issue if they haven't actually changed the design.

6) Root and tip chord and wing width from root to tip. Or if you could calc the wing area and wing load. This will help with battery size limits. Snap shot of the root foil.

7) Counter rotating fans.... the fans themselves are copies or which known fan. Does it have a intake lip? What size motor will the housing accept.

8) Nose Gear sequence, door closure mech, lateral bar

9) centre internal channel or bulk head space.... can you load stuff down the center like the SU-34?

10) Did they add cheat holes on the bottom of the ducts like the FS.

11) is the "Wood" hard balsa or ply and is it used as a wing spare?

12) wiring..... what gauge and are the Ailerons and stabilator wires Y'd or do they have straight lines with separate Y's to connect them at the RX?

I guess that's my short list OOOoooooowwww getting goose bumps already. This ones gonna be fun

R2F has the frame only in the yellow version but will they have the black & white in frame only also?
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Nov 16, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:37 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
Poor Pete. He's gonna hate himself for asking...

BTW, it could be nice to know the way the e-tracts fold, do they turn around the strut or just fold 90 degrees?

Can't wait to get more information and a Flyig video...
Last edited by SU-4ever; Nov 16, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:52 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
...BTW, it could be nice to know the way the e-tracts fold, do they turn around the strut or just fold 90 degrees?...:
The pics show them to fold without rotation. The wheel sits out in the airstream very visible in the bottom pics. Surprised they didn't add some wheel cover to hide them in flight. Just another mod may be... simple cover flap tensioned by the wheel. but they don't recess into the duct area so .... Surprised they didn't try for the rotating retracts though there are lots of complaints that the rotation pins don't hold.

Actually for the rotating retract and this duct the issue I found with the SU34 is the rotation has to be in the last cm to not have the wheel hit the outside of the duct as the gear cycles. Most rotating gear is at 45* or more by the time its trying swing past the underside of the duct. So too much of a headache.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Nov 16, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:22 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
an idler cam might be in order for this?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:46 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
It'd require a 120 degree retract, non-rotating. Highest I've seen is 105 degrees.
The axle is twisted 45 horizontally and vertically, so the wheel doesn't so much rotate, but goes in a big out/forward arc.

Not easy to do without some serious custom work. Quite easy with...
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:18 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
on Qwerty's model of the SU-27, one of the guys in Russia has made his own retracts using regular, 90 degree retracts. the only difference is that he has machined the strut to rotate as it retracts and he's got an idler bar/cam that forces the retract to rotate at the correct location as it retracts into the duct. it works beautifully. I believe he is going to post the dimensions and specs so you can make your own. should work well for this model.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:00 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Guys

I was not asking to write me a whole book of things to get done, but oh well

I will try my best to meet and answer all questions from you guys..I think rather then taking 20000 pictures I may just make a video from my Phone and do some pictures of some important parts of the Jet of course.

I took my Tx and Rx plus my 6500mah 6s 35c Hyperion Battery Pack with me, so in case they have nothing ready, that at least we may could get a quick test done on this Jet...especially for the retracts and the thrust vectoring system.

Another point is that I will have not enough time today to really get into to much detail because I will have a meeting with them to discuss further and future products and setups of any upcoming new stuff.

Stay Tuned.

We have now 09:00 o'clock in the morning, and on 13:00 I'll drive to Zurich and should arrive there at around 14:00.
So 4 more hours to go

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:51 AM
Pointy end at the front.
Joined Aug 2009
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Guys

Another point is that I will have not enough time today to really get into to much detail because I will have a meeting with them to discuss further and future products and setups of any upcoming new stuff.

Stay Tuned.

We have now 09:00 o'clock in the morning, and on 13:00 I'll drive to Zurich and should arrive there at around 14:00.
So 4 more hours to go

NS.
Hmmm, If you do happen to be in the loop of things might as well post when you have information instead of teasing us with posts about making future posts about information.
Im so excited about this thing, I opted to preorder first and ask questions later. So its going to be a long wait for me untill it arrives in the maiL!!!!
Gee, you took a 6500mah battery with you!!! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ. the biggest i have is 5000mah and i already consider that to be a brick! Better watch out everyone! this thing will take out a car!
benjo is offline Find More Posts by benjo
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:49 AM
Nederland, OV, Zwolle
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
Everybody else sitting on the edge off their seat in anticipation, just like I am? ;-)
Donky73 is offline Find More Posts by Donky73
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donky73 View Post
Everybody else sitting on the edge off their seat in anticipation, just like I am? ;-)
Can't get my eyes off the screen...

How much left?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:28 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Almost ready..

Infos about to come within the next 20-30 Minutes.

Movies uploading to my youtube channel now.

This is by far the best Foamie I have ever seen....

I have seen but also Stuff which I was not happy about but has been already addressed.

Ready2Fly did a Test flight as well today and video is uploading and should be ready today.

It is faster then the Freewing F-18 Super Hornet.

More to come shortly Guys.

Stay tuned

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:38 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
come on, come on, come on!

ENGAGE!