HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVJG73 View Post
Sorry Max.. I've pre-ordered and hope available in January.

@v8truckin already has in stock it.

First look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABd9Y...eature=related
Hi Viper

That Video came from me, just so you know and I posted this same time back.

Hope you get your SU-35 soonish.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:15 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Fred Agreed; Model make up and vendor influence are very limited. Thinking getting a Freewing from one vendor than the other means you get a better models is short sighted.
Getting better service is something all together different.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:17 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Well in Fact that BH is carrying the SU-35 is bad news, and may shine a bad light on Freewing Products or on this SU-35 as such in the future.

There are a few Versions of the SU-35 around right now.

I may pass on the SU-35 once it comes out.

NS.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:29 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVJG73 View Post
Sorry Max.. I've pre-ordered and hope available in January.

@v8truckin already has in stock it.

First look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABd9Y...eature=related
Sorry? I thinks thats great. You can post information that were neither in the video or pics when you get yours. If everyone posted that they got one on order we'd have thousands of posts but I was hoping you could actually contribute when you get yours early by posting pics that haven't been provided yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:30 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,941 Posts
What other versions of the Su-35 are there? Who are the manufacturers, and from whom are they available? The only ones I've seen are kit-bashes or depron scratch-builds.

By that logic (taint by association), then Ready2Fly must really be skidding downhill, too. But now I'm slipping into vendor talk, too - my bad.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Last edited by fredmdbud; Dec 26, 2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:47 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Well in Fact that BH is carrying the SU-35 is bad news, and may shine a bad light on Freewing Products or on this SU-35 as such in the future.

There are a few Versions of the SU-35 around right now.

I may pass on the SU-35 once it comes out.

NS.
NS that's the misleading comments I'm talking about. It was great that R2F had it till BH had it????? The model is the model! and stands on its own regardless of the vendor. Vendors give the impression they designed or commissioned or what ever but many are just Freewing making another good model. And all manufacturers have their good days and their bad days.

By the way who else is making a SU35... and please not a splice together jigsaw of foam..... an actual foam kit please.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:09 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
oh, come on Max, it's only fair to comment on the QWERTY SU27/35. some folks don't mind putting together a jigsaw puzzle and the overall product is about as scale as scale gets.

here's another option. if you guys wanna wait for a few more months, Invertmast has purchased one of qwerty's SU's and is going to be making an FG version. it will probably be a short kit with FG fuse, foam core wings and other goodies, plus a clear canopy. not sure of the exact pricing yet, but it won't be too much more than the foamie from Freewing.

to quote a movie................build it and they will come. LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
I'll post pics as soon as I get back home to my pc. Maybe by Wednesday.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:28 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,941 Posts
The qwerty1000 Su-27 can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1490403

I hope Invertmast will give credit where credit is due, since from your description it would be a "recast" of someone else's work.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:30 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
I'll be installing HW 80a esc's, CC bec, 2500kv cyclone power motors. Was debating on the CS 10 blade, but the motors I orders are too high of a KV. We'll c I might still order a lower kv n do the CS 10 blade.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:43 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
oh, come on Max, it's only fair to comment on the QWERTY SU27/35. some folks don't mind putting together a jigsaw puzzle and the overall product is about as scale as scale gets.

here's another option. if you guys wanna wait for a few more months, Invertmast has purchased one of qwerty's SU's and is going to be making an FG version. it will probably be a short kit with FG fuse, foam core wings and other goodies, plus a clear canopy. not sure of the exact pricing yet, but it won't be too much more than the foamie from Freewing.

to quote a movie................build it and they will come. LOL.

Rich
Hey LuvE; If I got the QWERTY kit it would never see the air. You know its partly how well the kit is made but its more how well you make the kit and the time and effort to do so. I can take a FW kit and remake it into an excellent model in far less time and effort.

I have a Jigsaw as you know but its taking forever to see the returns from it and since it was made small, a 64mm, its hard to make it what I want. That's why we kept telling Mitsu to make his bigger. This one, the FW SU-35 has lots of potential and can get one there in short order.
Jigsaws for me are more scratch building and time consuming.

Oh and the SU-27 differs from the SU-35 in wing, taileron and rudder shape and area, length, forward raydome etc. Hoepfully its a true SU-35.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
Joined Mar 2010
5 Posts
NS,

as you are -well i think affiliated in some way with R2F can you can you tell me if R2F will ship this bird out of their german warehouse to their non Swiss EU customers ? Because while Switzerland is in Europe, it's not a member of the European Monetary Union.

So basically if it's shipped to me from germany, I pay zero taxes. But if shipped from Switzerland , I pay 21% VAT + 12% additional import tax on the purchase + shipping price.

cheers

T.
Novastar77 is offline Find More Posts by Novastar77
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:30 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
What other versions of the Su-35 are there? Who are the manufacturers, and from whom are they available? The only ones I've seen are kit-bashes or depron scratch-builds.

By that logic (taint by association), then Ready2Fly must really be skidding downhill, too. But now I'm slipping into vendor talk, too - my bad.
R2Fly won't be skidding downhill that's for sure.

If I get more such Comments just because of BH, I will close this Thread and you guys are then on your own for future releases.

Seriously...ever since BH is acquiring kits from Freewing of this SU-35, everyone tends to panic, BH is a Vendor not a freaking producer of this Jet, got it?

All I am saying is, that I am not sure since we reported same flaws on the SU-35 to Freewing, that other Vendors just may want to have their "Prototype" Model and skip the improvements on the model like we reported to them.

That is all to it.

NS.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novastar77 View Post
NS,

as you are -well i think affiliated in some way with R2F can you can you tell me if R2F will ship this bird out of their german warehouse to their non Swiss EU customers ? Because while Switzerland is in Europe, it's not a member of the European Monetary Union.

So basically if it's shipped to me from germany, I pay zero taxes. But if shipped from Switzerland , I pay 21% VAT + 12% additional import tax on the purchase + shipping price.

cheers

T.
Hi T.

The SU-35 should arrive within their German Warehouses as well for "European" Dispatch.

However, I'll check on this and get back to you if the SU-35 will be available in the German Warehouse, the same time it is available in Switzerland.

NS.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:45 PM
Germany, SH, Neumünster
Joined Dec 2011
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Hi Viper

That Video came from me, just so you know and I posted this same time back.

Hope you get your SU-35 soonish.

NS.
Thanks and sorry, I hope I've not broken your copyright.
I think you can post more information over this bird which for the user here are interesting.

My first question concerns the transport.
The wings can be removed, but how large is the wingspan of the complete Tailerons?

Thanks in advance.
Viper
ViperVJG73 is offline Find More Posts by ViperVJG73
Closed Thread