Old Dec 25, 2011, 06:09 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by su-4ever View Post
bananahobby + su-35 ?? Really? Omg.

I'm starting to question seriously about the electronics quality of this bird.
You may want to start feeding us with more reliable specs or i'll end up buying it from rc-castle with no electronics...

Merry xmas!

Jandro.
agreed.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:56 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
Moan and groan, moan and groan, it's not a BZ rebadge, so if there are problems you can blame Freewing, not BH. If you can get it elsewhere, go right ahead, especially kit only.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Last edited by fredmdbud; Dec 25, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:06 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,688 Posts
Freds correct. In fact I can see Banana paying Freewing big money to help them regain some reputation by having a company that is building a model that many find even a little more reliable.

But kydawg1 is also right in that the service of the other vendors compared to Hobby Lobby may not be as good if you encounter problems. The exception to this is if Philip of PW-RC carries them as well. I have found none to equal his level of service.

But a Frame only solves a lot of those concerns by installing reliable electronics. I just want the foam in the right colour.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:27 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Freds correct. In fact I can see Banana paying Freewing big money to help them regain some reputation by having a company that is building a model that many find even a little more reliable.

But kydawg1 is also right in that the service of the other vendors compared to Hobby Lobby may not be as good if you encounter problems. The exception to this is if Philip of PW-RC carries them as well. I have found none to equal his level of service.

But a Frame only solves a lot of those concerns by installing reliable electronics. I just want the foam in the right colour.
Agreed - Philip is as good as it gets.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:32 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
Don't expect Freewing models to be free of issues, either. SebArt's MiG-29 3D jet is also made by Freewing, and there have been folks doing the moaning and groaning about the same things, too, i.e. "junk" electronics, flimsy-looking control horns, some inconsistencies in the paint and finish early in the run, etc.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:22 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
cool Jet
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:11 AM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,792 Posts
Banana Hobby? Really? PUKE.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:16 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
Less vendor talk, more jet talk. BH has it 1st in the US - have to get over it. Hobby Lobby doesn't sound interested in carrying it. Order it from outside the US if you have to.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:31 AM
Germany, SH, Neumünster
Joined Dec 2011
455 Posts
pre ordered

Already pre-ordered by ready2fly.
ViperVJG73 is online now Find More Posts by ViperVJG73
Last edited by ViperVJG73; Dec 26, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:39 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
Got my su-35 kit from rc castle from my lovely wife for xmas. hopefully I'll have a flight vid by next wknd.

Can't believe BH got a hold of this plane. If they r the only US distributor then I'm glad I got it from elsewhere.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:51 AM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Got my su-35 kit from rc castle from my lovely wife for xmas. hopefully I'll have a flight vid by next wknd.

Can't believe BH got a hold of this plane. If they r the only US distributor then I'm glad I got it from elsewhere.
What about pros and cons first hand? Pictures maybe?
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:28 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,688 Posts
Wow Vip... Great to hear .... You're ordering one??? Like all the rest of us....and from R2F seeing that ur in Germany.
But now that you've given notice we'll know who to pound to get some good pics since yours will likely be one of the first to arrive.

We still need: Pics of the EDF, EDF motor shaft hub size dia, EDF mount position relative to duct inlet outlet, EDF mount itself, Duct, if you think an 80 could be shoe horned in there........

I'm thinking to add LE flaps; how thick is the wing foil or where at the LE does it narrow to 14mm?

Neversommer; could you change the title of the thread from "By ready2fly" to just Freewing. R2F is just a vendor in this. It implies the vendor is doing a version different from the manufacturer when all they're doing is just distribution as everyone else eventually will. People start implying R2F, BH, RC-Castles etc versions are different from anothers and even start new threads thinking there's a difference. They're all Freewing.

Fred because Freewings do get their share of complaints; its all the more reason for talking vendors here because when something goes south, you would like to know you bought from a vendor that will make it easy to get replacements; at no cost if its a defect. In this way the vendors destiguish themselves re leaves you out to dry vs who quickly replace faults. Philip has fixed other vendor issues for me and HL I at times just sent them an email of what was wrong and they just sent me notice that the replacement was on its way with an ETA.

Freewing... I tend to replace their servos and ESCs. Not a fan of their Fan choices either though the Seabart fan is hopeful. Sometimes landing gear. This is all regardless of the vendor.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
I'm addressing all the bitching and moaning that vendors get when something is wrong with the plane. Unless the seal has been broken and the contents have been changed (such as downgrading from RTF to ARF or kit), vendors just inspect for carton damage, add to inventory, then ship. If they did, that's added labor and added $$$, and pricepoint is another favorite complaint (as well as shipping). It's more productive to ask "who else is selling this" than "Company XXX is really s**tty", which really doesn't add much to this topic. Or go to the vendor section, where they are more likely to see the complaint than in the 1000's of forum threads.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:00 PM
Germany, SH, Neumünster
Joined Dec 2011
455 Posts
Sorry Max.. I've pre-ordered and hope available in January.

@v8truckin already has in stock it.
ViperVJG73 is online now Find More Posts by ViperVJG73
Last edited by ViperVJG73; Dec 27, 2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 01:02 PM
United States, CT, Southbury
Joined Aug 2011
336 Posts
Unknown Part

Deleted
RCflyerCT is offline Find More Posts by RCflyerCT
Closed Thread