Closed Thread
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:49 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
The A1 Skyraider and general Warbirds are like a 1 Timeshow. Once it comes out there is a wave of buyers or maybe 2 or 3 waves, but that is it.....
I gave the A1 only as an example of Warbird guys being asked the same question you did, what do you want to see next, many didn't go for the A1 when it was raised but once developed its still is selling fairly well. But World sales EDF jets vs warbirds I thought the model scale world was fairly split down the middle. Jets are new, warbird have been selling since I was a kid .... so very very long ago......

On the modern front though if asked Russian fighter jet my first thought is the Sukhoi 27 family tree which is what this is. Mig 25 wouldn't be a great model, high wing load, just straight fast flying and certainly no need for TV.
And another Mig 29, 35 ? I think the Pakfa is the only one that they would make any lasting money on especially since they generally do a better job with replicating designs; F-35 being the exception....
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:51 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
This made me laugh so hard... xDDD

Damn Right.

Yes, it would be risky for sure but it'd also be a "World first". Maybe in a future, as the price of Lipos and electronics keeps going down making jets with better performance. 5 years ago no one would have expected the amazing foam jets we see today in the airfield at the price we pay for them. (Expensive but payable, compared to gas turbine jets).

Cheers,
Jandro.
Very good point. +1
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,105 Posts
pw-rc and hobby lobby used to have freewing products, Jets, in stock.

Hobby Lobby is in US, which means good shipping cost for US folks. But they are almost always "out of stock" on their Jets lately. The same way as nitroplanes.com couple years back :-(

PW-RC is in Hongkong but shipping cost to US, even with EMS, is very reasonable (in neighborhood of $30). But they are now only have a few jets in stock. And not this SU-35 :-(

Too bad for US folks :-(
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,727 Posts
Well all I can say is if you do a proper Mig-29 then I'm in for both of these. Also for the love of flying please don't add those lame christmas lights that look wrong. Who in thier right minds thinks those add to the plane at all? I just don't understand that. Now an opening Canopy on the other hand is pretty cool but I would rather have the plane fly correctly.

As for quality components, I do not mean to be negative but I'll believe it when I see it. I would LOVE to buy a RTF version of this plane and have it...you know...like...work? I have no time to build anymore. I told Brandon in PM that this plane is giving me a really good feeling and I hope to be proven right.

Mig-29 though is also a must buy. A proper Mig-29 with all the features you've listed here. Features that...matter. But I agree a dual 90mm jet would be awesome. I don't really care what it costs. I know I'm going to buy it anyhow.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Well all I can say is if you do a proper Mig-29 then I'm in for both of these. Also for the love of flying please don't add those lame christmas lights that look wrong. Who in thier right minds thinks those add to the plane at all? I just don't understand that. Now an opening Canopy on the other hand is pretty cool but I would rather have the plane fly correctly.

As for quality components, I do not mean to be negative but I'll believe it when I see it. I would LOVE to buy a RTF version of this plane and have it...you know...like...work? I have no time to build anymore. I told Brandon in PM that this plane is giving me a really good feeling and I hope to be proven right.

Mig-29 though is also a must buy. A proper Mig-29 with all the features you've listed here. Features that...matter.
Glen ....I agree ...I feel this one is dead on nicely done....But I too want to examine the stock electronics as well? so far I am impressed, but not completely convinced?

They's done there what I've sort of done here to my own LX Mig-29 (the East German one I did) and the other Mig-29 I've quietly been working on.....lol plus many of the enhancements we all did to our own Mig's over the past year....I recognise many of the enhancements we all did and they've enhanced them even further.....that's why I am impressed....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Nov 17, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:01 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Glen ....I agree ...I feel this one is dead on nicely done....But I too want to examine the stock electronics as well? so far I am impressed, but not completely convinced?

Even so I would not trust the guy who built the plane, unless he is a good flyer :-)
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:04 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
My friend.... you're dead right on that one...lol...they are even worse. I will be following VERY Closely...

I am currently working on a/the "New A-10"...not the one you're refering to though
ok, come one, we gotta hear or see something. you can't just drop info like that and expect to walk away leaving us empty handed. we gotta know something. LOL.

so, what can you tell us about it?

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:10 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
But I agree a dual 90mm jet would be awesome. I don't really care what it costs. I know I'm going to buy it anyhow.
Hey, That's the spirit!

As for the MiG-29, I'd leave it alone a while since there are already two nice versions of the plane, Sebart's and Lanxiang's.

But if freewing decided to go on for it, and I was Freewing, I'd do a MiG-35 trying to combine the amazing 3D Stunt capability of the Sebart's with the nice scale details of Lx's (Please, I'm never going to buy a jet with half taileron fixed, it hurts my guts just looking at it so better try to avoid that ) and the news of Su-35: Nice power stock setup, wing detachment, reinformencts throughout the entire wing, etc.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
The slowdown in supply via HL happens every other year....As soon as Freewing gets ready to release, HL orders large and slows production of all other models. Then the new model is released and the best sellers come along with the next shipments. That's been the cycle over here for the past 6 or so years.
I'd be very surprised if Freewing turned their backs on such a big customer, the west and sold only via Asia and Europe.
RCG Plus Member
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
All I can say right now ....is it's just a BIG A-10.....again sorry...just keep your eyes peeled and ears open?

But let's keep this on the SU-35
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:18 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the Air Force really needs a new(er) A-10, since it's proven itself to be effective. can you at least tell us when to keep our eyes and ears open? LOL.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:59 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,698 Posts
Well, until we get the Sukhoi in our hands, here is a nice vid to start warming up and dream of crazy aerobatics.

KULBIT Frolov chakra (2 min 18 sec)

Cheers,
Jandro.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:57 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Try this one from about time index 2:00 but nice from 2:09 onward

preparation show.mp4 (3 min 9 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:14 PM
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Oct 2009
529 Posts
Dont know if this has been posted yet, but looks real nice.
Giant SU-35 by ready2fly (3 min 19 sec)
Im diggin the black and white.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:03 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
WOW!!!!!! thanks for uploading the video. awesome flying plane. the high alpha on the landing approach looks very realistic.
Closed Thread