HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:11 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,752 Posts
I am speechless. Consider me sold. My one and only issue is the horrible paintjob. Seriously there are superior schemes out there. This one makes it look like a toy.

The rest is beyond fantastic.
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:18 PM
You win again gravity!
UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,249 Posts
I feel ashamed that I like the paint scheme now!
SMorrisRC is offline Find More Posts by SMorrisRC
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,752 Posts
Ok guys. When are you going to produce a Mig-29 to beat all other foamy Mig-29's?? Lets get that going so I can pick up both.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:27 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,404 Posts
6 channels can be done just slave the TV Pitch Roll to the Tailerons. But you would need 6 channels not 5.
Thrust
Aileron
Elev - Elevon/Delta Mix - TV & Taileron Left
Rudder
Gear
(Mix Ail-Aux1) Aileron - Elevon/Delta Mix - TV & Taileron Right
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:33 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,752 Posts
What is the AUW of the 35 in the configuration shown in the video clip?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:52 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
I am speechless. Consider me sold. My one and only issue is the horrible paintjob. Seriously there are superior schemes out there. This one makes it look like a toy.

The rest is beyond fantastic.
Wow, one mans trash is another's (mine) treasure I guess! I think this is a great paint scheme myself. A little weathering and voila! I'm all for working class, historically accurate schemes though. Some of the show schemes don't do it for me personally. Well, if you live in a very gray sky and snow prone area it might not be the best, but for green/brown hills and blue skies it looks great (IMHO) and stands out nicely.
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:55 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
949 Posts
I really like the paint scheme. I was about to get a "thewingsmaker" J-11B & paint it this exact colour scheme. Glad I didn't. Will be getting one of these instead!
WELL DONE FREEWING!! Your efforts in taking models to the next level are truly appreciated!
The pilot's way too big to be scale, but that's easily fixed. Unless you want to fix that before the full production run. . .
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Last edited by FOX ONE!; Nov 17, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:03 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,803 Posts
I'd go even further and say this paint scheme is my favourite Sukhoi Paintwork.

It's just that it seems a bit glossy and the engine should be darker but anyway I'm still brains-blown with it (As I've kept saying for the past 5 posts...)
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete View Post
Ok guys. When are you going to produce a Mig-29 to beat all other foamy Mig-29's?? Lets get that going so I can pick up both.
haven't you seen QWERTY's stuff yet? he's got an amazing foamie Mig and SU. they come in pieces and you put them together, but they are as scale as scale gets.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
Houston. .we have a problem.
United Kingdom, England
Joined Aug 2008
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
haven't you seen QWERTY's stuff yet? he's got an amazing foamie Mig and SU. they come in pieces and you put them together, but they are as scale as scale gets.
Yeah, seen them. Amazing. The only problem is I dont own that much adhesive. Or Pins. Or patience!
Otherwise I'd be hounding him. . .
FOX ONE! is offline Find More Posts by FOX ONE!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:17 PM
Nederland, OV, Zwolle
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
+1 for the paint scheme
+10 for the most sexy jet ever! In real and now as a model..
+ 1 for the vid...as I hope it is truly a stock vid....and to be honest..we all know that most marketing vids are not stock out of the box ...

...and therefor I truly hope you will be as excited as you have unboxed and tinkered with it for a day Su4ever...dont wanna bring the bad news but all threads start out this way and get a truckload of disappointment right after

but for now....for *peep*sake...get me one now!
Donky73 is offline Find More Posts by Donky73
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
?? I haven't even heard of him before. Can you post a link?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX ONE! View Post
Yeah, seen them. Amazing. The only problem is I dont own that much adhesive. Or Pins. Or patience!
Otherwise I'd be hounding him. . .
yeah, might be better if they were cut into larger pieces, therefore less assembly required. but the attention to detail is staggering. if I get one of these, I'm gonna use the machined blocks for the landing gear and actuate them with a servo. the gear sequence is spot on, per the full size.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,404 Posts
Paint Scheme whats wrong with an actual scale paint scheme?
The other Yellow Green paint scheme is OK but I much prefer the B&W.

Thank You Neversommer! The mystery 11th servo is solved.... nose gear doors.
Did you confirm anything about the EDF fans installed or the wiring? Surprised they didn't use CF for the wing rod.

The main LG are as I thought. LuvE if you have a link to how the Gear you described that would be nice. It would need a serious custom job to get them to work with as you said a cam system to rotate into place at the right time. I even looked at the new PZ rotating gear and the post would have to be shifted to get it right and then spring tensioned so that the strut doesn't swing freely out of place.
Those cheat holes could use the same setup as on the recent F22 experiment.

So even if they Y'd these to be Stabilators, I'll just cut them off and put new ends on them and convert these to full functioning Tailerons. Same for the ailerons ... cut them also to convert to aileron/flapperons/spoilers. Removing the steering servo and connecting the TV Yaw servo via cable feed will be easy....

But truth be told....Excellent job Freewing. To the design team Kudo's.....
Other than the tailerons there is nothing that needs to be changed. Its fast enough and more than most pilots ever ask for.

Now if only they would sell a complete unassembled parts kit.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:27 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
gear pics

here's a few pics of different gear solutions on the QWERTY model. enjoy.
Closed Thread