HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2011, 01:56 AM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Discussion
TechOne Venus Indoor 3D EPO at www.epphobby.com (Flight test video)

Hello all,

TechOne Venus will soon becomes available at www.epphobby.com !
  • ARF version (AT2206 V2 1500kV brushless motor and propeller are included) or
  • PNP version (AT2206 V2 1500kV brushless motor, T10A ESC, servos and propeller are included).
Thank you to you all who have pre-ordered through www.epphobby.com and if you haven't, pre-order yours today!

Willy.
EPPHOBBY

Enjoy the video
TechOne Venus Indoor 3D EPO (3 min 20 sec)

This flight video has been copied and /edited under TechOne Hobby's permissions.
epphobby is offline Find More Posts by epphobby
Site Sponsor
Last edited by epphobby; Nov 08, 2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Flight video copyright's
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 10:55 PM
Syracuse NY USA
Joined Feb 2008
27 Posts
Definitely enjoyed my time flying it! Fun plane for sure!
Mark Ferry is offline Find More Posts by Mark Ferry
Old Nov 04, 2011, 03:25 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ferry View Post
Definitely enjoyed my time flying it! Fun plane for sure!
Thanks Mark! for testing and providing us with one nice flying video
Site Sponsor
Last edited by epphobby; Nov 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:58 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
TechOne Venus is "In-stock" at EPPHOBBY.COM!

The waiting is over, get your TechOne Venus today at www.epphobby.com
Its available in three vibrant color/graphic schemes (red, bule and yellow) and in ARF or PNP version. PNP qualifies for Free Shipping to lower 48 States
The latest / final production version comes with 3pcs DT55 digital micro servos, pre-applied decals and pre-installed AT2206 V2 outrunner brushless motor and T10A esc. Shouldn't take much time to get it airborne

Willy
www.epphobby.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
163 Posts
Great service at Epphobby.com! Thanks

My name is Andy and I am new to this rc forum discussion but not new to the hobby.
I have had my eyes on the new Venus for some times and found epphobby.com. Email-ed them last Saturday and asked whether i can have the plane by Monday for my son's birthday present, they replied yes!
Was skeptical at first but i got my Venus this morning and what a big surprise that its the owner who hand delivered the plane himself to me
Thanks a lot Willy for your great customer service!!!
am534615 is offline Find More Posts by am534615
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:26 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by am534615 View Post
My name is Andy and I am new to this rc forum discussion but not new to the hobby.
I have had my eyes on the new Venus for some times and found epphobby.com. Email-ed them last Saturday and asked whether i can have the plane by Monday for my son's birthday present, they replied yes!
Was skeptical at first but i got my Venus this morning and what a big surprise that its the owner who hand delivered the plane himself to me
Thanks a lot Willy for your great customer service!!!
Andy, welcome to RCG! and thanks for your kind words. Enjoy your Venus!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:35 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Hi all,
Epphobby.com is going to have the updated version of TechOne Venus soon and i will ship the upgrade parts, FREE of charge to all of you who has purchased the Venus from epphobby.com. Thanks!
If you have suggestion, opinion or anything to make it a better 3D plane, please let me know or post here. Your opinion counts, we are listening

Willy
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:59 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epphobby View Post
Hi all,
Epphobby.com is going to have the updated version of TechOne Venus soon and i will ship the upgrade parts, FREE of charge to all of you who has purchased the Venus from epphobby.com. Thanks!
If you have suggestion, opinion or anything to make it a better 3D plane, please let me know or post here. Your opinion counts, we are listening

Willy
Updated? What parts have changed? I have an idea on what should have been updated on the 5 Venus I bought from you.
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:30 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan View Post
Updated? What parts have changed? I have an idea on what should have been updated on the 5 Venus I bought from you.
Hello Dan,
Thanks a lot for the orders , its greatly appreciated!
One thing for sure at this time, new Venus will come with kevlar threads for the rudder (no more sewing thread)
Since the first day we tested the prototype, Venus has gotten some improvements such as the DT55 digital servos instead of cheaper analog servos, pre-applied decals, new decal design around the canopy, etc.
I am sure there's still many other areas that need to be fine-tuned
You may please either post your idea here or send me a PM

And yes, NJ huh? we can go fly together someday
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:04 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,073 Posts
Got mine today. Opened one of two. The pictures don't do it justice. This plane is gorgeous and really is an engineering marvel. This hobby has come a long way. Amazing value for the price. Great to learn of the product support too. Very satisfied.

Wing tip arrived slightly bent due to the wing shifting inside the insulated box. Just the last half inch on the aileron. Not sure if a couple of strategically placed pieces of tape holding the wing down would have avoided this or not. Problem with doing that tape remedy is that the wing could be damaged during an eager "unboxing" :-) btw The box had a really nice molded foam support system. Anyhow, this is very Very minor and easily heated straight I suspect.

Eric
- very satisfied with his new TechOne design
epwierman is offline Find More Posts by epwierman
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:46 AM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,310 Posts
Here are a few pics of how my Venus came along and a few tips/improvements.
The Orange Rx R410 was, made for this plane as it sits nicely in the canopy valley and a 500 2s 30c battery right on top.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:56 AM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,310 Posts
I also noticed the long servo arms would hit the fuse on full travel. In the pic below you can see the slots I trimmed to allow full travel of the horn otherwise the servo would be stressed. A little xacto knife work and the servo is happier. I also wrap the servos in a couple of layers of blenderm tape before gluing them in. This allows easier removal of a servo if needed. You can cut the tape and peel it out or sometimes you can just get it to come out without breaking any of the foam.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:07 AM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,310 Posts
Next some contrast was added to the bottom of the wing. Prep/clean the surface with rubbing alcohol, use light tack tape and make very light fogging passes to prevent paint bleed under the tape. Light fogging passes then allowed to dry between coats a few minutes until the white is covered. The masking tape was carefully removed before the paint was fully dry. This was all done before assembly. Krylon Fusion gloss black was used. EPO foam is not attacked by most paints, glues or chemicals unlike the the cheaper EPS foams.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:13 AM
RC keeps me sane
Joined Sep 2005
1,310 Posts
I'm not a big fan of CA hinges unless I pin them in. 1mm carbon fiber rod was used here.
The slots in the hinges were pinned on both sides. The CF rod pins were CA'd in and now I feel better. Even a wooden tooth pick can be used to add security to the hinges.