HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by dhc8guru, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:49 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
Build Log
The Twin Wagon build so far

I managed to get most of the airframe completed today. I only found a couple of small issues that need to be addressed, but nothing major.
I did add in a carbon spar to beef up the wing. Hoping to get it completed by the weekend for a test flight.

Some basic spec's
Wingspan 40"
Length 32"
Wing area 240 sq inches
If I use a monster 2200 3S lipo, it looks like the flying weight will be 18 oz. That should give it about an hour of flight time. LOL!
That will give a wing loading of 10.8 oz/sq. ft. I think a little weight to load up the wings will be a good thing with this plane.
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru
Last edited by dhc8guru; Nov 03, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
What software are you using with your CNC machine to create the parts? And did you cut the air-foiled wing on the CNC machine? If so how did you flip it to cut the other side? I have a 3 axis router that I've cut plenty of foamies out on using VCarve to create the g code but so far have not tackled any real 3 dimensional cuts

Thanks
mjlnc is offline Find More Posts by mjlnc
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Apr 2006
273 Posts
I am using solidworks and mastercam to create the models and tool paths. The wings were cut as cores on the CNC with the servo pockets and wiring slots. then I shape the airfoil with a Hotwire. Cutting the airfoil on the CNC would be too time consuming. The ideal method would be to cut them with a CNC Hotwire.
dhc8guru is offline Find More Posts by dhc8guru