HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Discussion
kx191 camera...is there anything better?

I want to upgrade to a kx191 camera. A few years ago I remember it to be one of the better ones out there. Is there anything better?

thanks,
Brendin
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
I want to upgrade to a kx191 camera. A few years ago I remember it to be one of the better ones out there. Is there anything better?

thanks,
Brendin
I dont see people using kx cams much these days compared to when I first got into FPV. These days there are a lot of hype on seawolf based pixim cams or if you want to stick to CCD the WDR700 seems to be the best out there at the moment. I used to have a WDR700 but I prefer my TBS69 cam which is a pixim seawolf cam. Pixim cameras are the best as long as your not flying in dusk or at night but there more expensive.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Nov 02, 2011, 10:59 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,096 Posts
I use the WDR600. Love it, works great at dusk and night too
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Nov 02, 2011, 11:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,311 Posts
--

I have that camera on my fpv ground rig. its unnecessarily heavy for flight imo compared to what you can get from dpcav.com

but it works amazing at dusk if that happens to be a time you'd be using it. that camera is so light sensitive that I can drive in near total darkness with no extra lighting to see the trail clearly.

dp cav 420 micro cam is sick for 110 bucks or so. it has an osd built in, buttons on the rear to control the display and its so tiny it w never be a weight issue. same night resolution ability. I have never tried a pixim. Id be willing to consider anything lighter than these cams but functionally and $ they are perfect so far.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:45 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
I have that camera on my fpv ground rig. its unnecessarily heavy for flight imo compared to what you can get from dpcav.com

but it works amazing at dusk if that happens to be a time you'd be using it. that camera is so light sensitive that I can drive in near total darkness with no extra lighting to see the trail clearly.

dp cav 420 micro cam is sick for 110 bucks or so. it has an osd built in, buttons on the rear to control the display and its so tiny it w never be a weight issue. same night resolution ability. I have never tried a pixim. Id be willing to consider anything lighter than these cams but functionally and $ they are perfect so far.

Which camera do you mean when you say "that camera" above? I found some pixim seawolf cameras on ebay for about $100 inc shipping... http://www.ebay.com/itm/690TVL-HD-Ul...item2312fecb8a
the are listed as suitable for FPV but they have a 2.8mm lens as opposed to the 3.8mm one listed on the TBS site. I did find some other ones listed with 3.6mm lens for slightly more.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Nov 03, 2011, 06:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
Which camera do you mean when you say "that camera" above? I found some pixim seawolf cameras on ebay for about $100 inc shipping... http://www.ebay.com/itm/690TVL-HD-Ul...item2312fecb8a
the are listed as suitable for FPV but they have a 2.8mm lens as opposed to the 3.8mm one listed on the TBS site. I did find some other ones listed with 3.6mm lens for slightly more.
Just to let you know im 95% sure this is the TBS cam without the case and firmware changes but it doesnt save you any money lol.
http://www.immersionsflug.de/GF-PX69...-Pixim-Seawolf
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001