HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2011, 04:46 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
Alert
Phoenix 6 Meter K8 One Time Special Order

OK Guys,

As a wonderful aunt of mine once observed, if your money and your a*s hold out, almost anything's possible!

With that said, just got a call from Hobbico. They are willing to do a ONE TIME Special order for Phoenix Models K8 sailplanes.

Let me repeat: This is a One Time Only Opportunity to buy this model through the U.S. importer at a reasonable price. No, I don't know what it is but a reasonable estimate will be in the range of $1,100-$1,200 plus local shipping. Please don't sue me if the price is off by a little bit.

Please note: I am only helping to consolidate the orders. I will not make a dime on this deal. All payment will be direct to Hobbico. However, I am guaranteeing payment from anyone who orders. So if you stiff Hobbico, I'll have my cousin Guido fit you with cement shoes.

So, act now or wail later.

As a reminder, this is a 6 meter ARF with a 4 piece wing, should be a relatively easy model to transport.

Please note the box is big and will most likely ship to you by a carrier other than UPS ground. So if you can find a buddy who also wants this plane, you'll save if two are shipped to the same address.

Don't contact Hobbico directly at this point as only one person there knows about this arrangement.

Send me a PM with your commitment to place an order. I'll wait about a week and provide Hobbico with the names and addresses of all who have committed to ordering.

By all accounts so far, this should be an outstanding model. No, it's not LET quality, but neither is the price.

Looking forward to hearing from only serious buyers.

Regards,

Steve
SteveR is offline Find More Posts by SteveR
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 08:10 AM
bie
maidenflight-postponer
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
788 Posts
Hi,

in addition to Steve’s remarks:

Topic is discussed heavily on german messaboard RC-Network with pictures!

The first happy customers were able to get the bird for 499 Euro only!!!! That was without shipping in Germany. You had to pick it up at the dealer (or get it shipped for another 200 Euro). Price went up a couple of days later to 699 Euro but is still considered much bang for the buck!

Andy
bie is offline Find More Posts by bie
Old Nov 03, 2011, 08:32 AM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
Thanks Andy. I certainly agree...699 Euros is roughly $1,050 USD. I can't think of any 6 meter ARF sailplane available in the U.S. that even comes close to that price. And the 4-piece wing makes it quite manageable. Should be a great thermal rider.

Steve
Old Nov 03, 2011, 08:54 AM
Central Point, OR.
Joined May 2002
2,922 Posts
Holy Cow! Thats a screaming deal!

Randy
Ranfred Radius is offline Find More Posts by Ranfred Radius
Old Nov 03, 2011, 01:22 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,692 Posts
Steve,

Would the shipping be FOB NYC?

Thanks,
Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Nov 03, 2011, 01:47 PM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,056 Posts
What good news!!!!! Except I just can not have a plane this big. Any deal being made for the smaller 3.5M version? I would order one for SURE!!!
Slope P is online now Find More Posts by Slope P
Old Nov 03, 2011, 01:54 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
Brian, shipping will be FOB Champaign, IL. All purchases will be made directly between the buyers and Hobbico. My role is to provide Hobbico with a firm count of those who will commit to order.

It's to your benefit to fit guys in your area who want to place an order as the shipments can be bulk shipped to one location, will most likely go by a carrier like a Fedex freight or Yellow or other that will ship a long box...maybe even Greyhound if that makes sense. Hobbico will help us with this issue and arrange the freight.

Slope P: Yes, if you and others want the smaller 3.5 meter version, I believe Hobbico can combine this with the 6 meter order. However, I must confirm that so if there are others interested in the 3.5 meter version, please send a PM and I'll check with Hobbico. No, I don't know the price!

Steve
Old Nov 03, 2011, 02:05 PM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,056 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply......

PMing you ASAP.

LP
Slope P is online now Find More Posts by Slope P
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
Just heard from Hobbico. They hope to have pricing and shipping info for us by the end of this week. Will let you know as soon as I hear.

Regards,

Steve
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:34 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
Just heard back from Hobbico: the price of the 6 meter K8 FOB Champaign, IL is $999.99. IMHO, it's a fantastic deal! Hobbico is also willing to add to this one time special order if you raise your hand now.

So, act now or weep later!

Regards,

Steve
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:22 PM
Designing something...
Joined Jan 2004
1,692 Posts
Steve,

My hand is raised. I'll take one.

Brian
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:27 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,954 Posts
Wow, that's a great deal. These are unobtainium in Europe right now (too much demand I reckon).
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined May 2007
1,259 Posts
I am in as well. PM Sent!
Highfly! is offline Find More Posts by Highfly!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:18 PM
New York
Joined Feb 2002
3,074 Posts
OK Brian and Highfly!, I'll add you to the list.

Now I just started to think about the pricing Hobbico offered us: it's $999.99. Do you think Herman Cain had anything to do with it??!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Steve
Old Dec 05, 2011, 02:44 PM
Designing something...
Joined Jan 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
Now I just started to think about the pricing Hobbico offered us: it's $999.99. Do you think Herman Cain had anything to do with it??!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Steve
Is that a pizza joke?

I guess you can't be too obvious on RCG sometimes.

Brian

p.s. Are the planes in yet?? Just kidding!