HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Thanks billpa, I really appreciate your help with this. This is a case were the FDR and CVR (V standing for video) are not available..

I am pretty sure it did go into RTH when I turned off the TX on the bench tests, but I will have to confirm when I get back home because I have not tried that after the incident. Also I was thinking that I have seen a delay from the time RTH is activated and then the msg comes up on the screen… may be we just did not see the msg because the glitch was too fast.

I am kinda concluding that the GPS might be a prime suspect for not keeping altitude. But why do you think I was unable to turn the RTH off?

Another thing I really don’t feel comfortable with is the firmware update messages I get when I plug in the hardware (eLogger, GPS, Guardian, eagle eyes). Roughly 1 out of 5 times when I connect the USB it tells me that I need to update firmware (when I already have). Like I commented before, the buttons are always available to update in the software. Aren’t they supposed to go away once you have updated? I think I read that somewhere.
hernanacosta5 is offline Find More Posts by hernanacosta5
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Billpa, I just tested activating RTH by turning off the transmitter; It worked perfectly. Worked fine with the switch as well. Now it did take 3 seconds for RTH to come active once I turned the Tx off. This delay could explain why I did not see the RTH message on screen with the glitches.
hernanacosta5 is offline Find More Posts by hernanacosta5
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,919 Posts
Hi, glad to help.

Re the USB firmware update message, I think I know what is going on there. If the OSD is started without the Rx sending pulses (they typically don't start until the Tx is turned on) the OSD will take longer to initialize, and that could sometimes cause the software to put up that message incorrectly.

Our beta software 10.43 on the support page of our website should remedy this (but it's benign).

The buttons on the firmware control page will not go away if the device is connected. But, they will list the same firmware version as the text above the button, letting you know you don't need to update.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
Joined May 2013
5 Posts
Not sure i want to fly ths as it is !!

Hi,
I have just bought two Gaurdan units, one for my Angel s 30 and the other for a foamy in the park.
I have reset them to factory settings and updated to latest firmware via usb / PC.
I have removed the floppy plastic case from one as it gave various readings when moved with a very small pressure so it is now secure and via the PC I can see it is stable re flight line.
The LED shows the 2D and 3D mode and goes off when the three pos switch is centered. I have a gain slider on the left hand side of my Futaba 12FG whic I use for the overall gain. Here is the problem:
When I turn the gain off and the switch is centered the left aileron moves full throw BUT the right aileron (into AUX ch) moves about 25 % of the way and is much slower ! I have treid another servo in this channel and it does the same.
I have swopped the two Gaurdian units and it does the same. If I flew it like this it would simply roll into oblivion.
If I turn up the overall gain the response gets better but not flyable. I have double checked all ATV 's are 100 % and there is no expo (as I understand from my experience with GY 153 Futaba gyro that expo should not be used with gyros).
This gyro works beautifully but costs lots in the process as it is used on a H/Hunter turbine).
So what is going on with this set up as I am not flying it like this ?
Any help welcome.

Regards

David
SKYWARRIOR9 is offline Find More Posts by SKYWARRIOR9
Old May 13, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,919 Posts
Hi David,

Sorry to hear about your issue. You should definitely not fly it if the servos are not moving correctly. I am not sure what could be causing it, but my first suspicion is that it's a mixing or throw related issue. Could you please open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com and we'll work with you to resolve it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor