HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Discussion
Delta (flying) wing setup help!!!!

QUOTE 1320turbo
I have an Aurora 9 with v1.08 and use to fly with v1.07 and my delta setups worked as designed.
Now with version 1.08 when I make a trim change only one elevon will move with the trim change and the other one never moves.
Control surface deflection is correct with stick movements but trim is completely screwed up.
Model memory was working fine until the upgrade.
Have reprogrammed to a different model number thinking data was corrupted....its not. its still does the same thing.
Elevator trim moves the right elevon only and the aileron trim moves the right elevon only.
The home screen shows the trim moving for the elevator and aileron, but I go to the the monitor screen and it corresponds to the elevon movement.
With any trim adjustment I only get roll trim (but only with one elevon moving) and NOT pitch. Please help me out.

No problem experienced with upgrades when Delta/Flying Wing is set up as shown:

Aurora 9 - Delta Wing - set up EPA, D/R & EXP w/photos.

Aurora 9 - Elevon, Ailevator & Taileron - Set up.
"When setting up model in either Acro or Glider mode, under system menu select
[MDL type] > [Wing] > (page 2/1) > [2AILE] or with separate flaps as appropriate.
. Default then places servos/channels as shown in attached extract from Optic 6 manual.
. Default is as with Hitec Servos, standard clockwise rotation.
If using Futaba servos or clones thereof which rotate in the reverse direction, open
[System] menu > [reverse] reverse channel 1 & 2.
See also page 103 of Aurora manual, extract attached

Aurora 9 - Airbrakes -Twin Rudder set up. posts 4503 & 4504 e.g. Stryker F27-Q

EPA, ATV, Dual Rates & Expo Differences & Caution + ESC BEC Set Up may also assist.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 01, 2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: update one url
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:38 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Dec 2009
9 Posts
My planes are setup EXACTLY as instructed. It was working previously. NO programming changes were made and i have had several flight with the trim functioning perfectly. I have only updated the transmitter, module, and receivers to the latest firmware, and now it acts up. In fact, I had one delta working perfect and the newly programmed on not, so i copied the model to a new model, and the new model did not work properly either. then i went into the original model and moved the trim around and then it went crazy too... there's a glitch somewhere...just gotta find it....
1320turbo is offline Find More Posts by 1320turbo
Old Nov 01, 2011, 04:08 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320turbo View Post
My planes are setup EXACTLY as instructed. It was working previously. NO programming changes were made and i have had several flight with the trim functioning perfectly. I have only updated the transmitter, module, and receivers to the latest firmware, and now it acts up. In fact, I had one delta working perfect and the newly programmed on not, so i copied the model to a new model, and the new model did not work properly either. then i went into the original model and moved the trim around and then it went crazy too... there's a glitch somewhere...just gotta find it....
Answered on duplicated thread

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.