SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Discussion
Program Futaba CAP 9 to independently control 3 motor escs?

Hi all,
I have an old CAP 9 transmitter with 50MHz PCM 9ch receiver that I've only ever used to fly a slow stick. Over kill right? I'm trying to build an underwater ROV and wondered if I could program the CAP9 to control three independently/ with mixing. Basically I have three bilge pump cartridges with 50mm boat propellers on them. Each has an ESC w/BEC attached. I'd like to connect all 3 ESCs to the 1 receiver. For stick control I am thinking that the left stick controls the down motor. ROV will be slightly positive and this motor will be used to go down. The Right stick will control 2 horizontal thrusters, left and right. Forward, both go forward at the same speed, left and right mixes the speeds to control turning.

Hopefully that makes sense. If I get this working with my old single direction ESCs, I'll try to find a couple of old DC boat ESCs with F/R.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to get me started?

Thanks,
Cap.
Tsilatipac is offline Find More Posts by Tsilatipac
to remove ads between posts