HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:39 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Discussion
I need your help-Heli Find

Newbie here. We found this heli as shown in the pics in the house we bought. I was wondering if somebody can tell me the make/model (it is chinese). There isn't any canopy or Tx. Is it worth to make it flyable or not? Thanks in advance.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:31 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Bin it, its junk... looks to me like an old Double Horse, usually found on ebay. They don't fly very well, even if you managed to get the bits to fix it, it's more toy than heli. Spend your cash on something better...my 2p
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:45 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
On a 20ft ladder with a 20ft stick beating an airplane out of a tree. In Spokane, WA.
Joined Oct 2006
713 Posts
Absolute junk. 2 channels. Goes up and down, turns right and left, thats it. Forward flight can sometimes be achieved by taping a heavy weight to the front end.
wetwolf is offline Find More Posts by wetwolf
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:31 PM
Your mother.
USA, VA, Abingdon
Joined Jan 2011
295 Posts
Or, do some more research, find out how it works and rebuild it.
Even if it costs more to rebuild than a new model (Within reason) it's worth it just to know you can.
A large percentage of this hobby is building instead of trashing.
Phonic450 is offline Find More Posts by Phonic450
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:34 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Thank you guys. Now I know.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:00 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
On a 20ft ladder with a 20ft stick beating an airplane out of a tree. In Spokane, WA.
Joined Oct 2006
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonic450 View Post
Or, do some more research, find out how it works and rebuild it.
Even if it costs more to rebuild than a new model (Within reason) it's worth it just to know you can.
A large percentage of this hobby is building instead of trashing.
There is nothing worth rebuilding. My neighbor got a new one of those off of Ebay for .02 cents and had to pay $20 for shipping. He ended up spending $20.02 for a pile of crap. It's just a main motor and tail motor, no servos, held together by a cheap plastic frame. THROW IT AWAY!!!
wetwolf is offline Find More Posts by wetwolf
Old Nov 03, 2011, 12:05 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Can somebody tell me the make and model? I want to see how it looks with the canopy.
Thanks
Old Nov 03, 2011, 08:25 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,823 Posts
I think macys sold that at Christmas last year. No joking! So that could be a start.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2011, 11:32 AM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
Bin it, its junk... looks to me like an old Double Horse, usually found on ebay. They don't fly very well, even if you managed to get the bits to fix it, it's more toy than heli. Spend your cash on something better...my 2p
Hey, charge it up try to fly it, let some kids try. You have had free fun (unless it was in the price of your house. lol

If you don't want to bother give it to some kids (semi-commonsense kids) there are rotating blades involved.
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:17 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
Hey, charge it up try to fly it, let some kids try. You have had free fun (unless it was in the price of your house. lol

If you don't want to bother give it to some kids (semi-commonsense kids) there are rotating blades involved.
No means of charging / flying. No Tx, thats why i am trying to find out make/model. Any feedback?
Old Nov 06, 2011, 11:05 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
No means of charging / flying. No Tx, thats why i am trying to find out make/model. Any feedback?
If you are interested in the hobby, you can get some small co-axial (two sets of blades spinning opposite). I started with the CX2 and flew in my basement.
You can spend less, get a smaller one and fly inside. Here as a link to a great US company. Let me know if you have questions.

Don't bother with the one you found.

http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...500&N=5401+925

Todd
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jul 2011
60 Posts
It might be this A freinds wife bought him one at a local mall. I guess it's the thought that count's http://www.amazon.com/REMOTE-CONTROL.../dp/B000LTA5U0
bevncali is offline Find More Posts by bevncali
Old Nov 08, 2011, 03:59 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
If you are interested in the hobby, you can get some small co-axial (two sets of blades spinning opposite). I started with the CX2 and flew in my basement.
You can spend less, get a smaller one and fly inside. Here as a link to a great US company. Let me know if you have questions.

Don't bother with the one you found.

http://searchrc.horizonhobby.com/ind...500&N=5401+925

Todd
I have already bought two s107s & one s032. Starting from these before getting into the serious expensive ones. Thanks
Old Nov 08, 2011, 04:00 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevncali View Post
It might be this A freinds wife bought him one at a local mall. I guess it's the thought that count's http://www.amazon.com/REMOTE-CONTROL.../dp/B000LTA5U0
Thanks most likely this is the one.