HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
Discussion
Eagletree Guardian gain problem

Hi Guys!

Im a very satisfied customer also! But wanted to make sure Im right before touching my gain settings again. The guardian worked great but about two weeks ago, I moved my roll gain from 7 to 8 to se if it will helps on the heading hold.
On one of the flights It started to move the ailrons while going upwind, but I didnt care too much and leaved it like it never happened but last weekend It happened again and and Im taking It more seriously.

I dont blame the guardian, they say that the RTH will work fine with a 5 value on the gain on most planes and my skysurfer must fit under that categories. I just wanted to make sure that I was using as more eficient as possible RTH so I moved it to a higher rate and in about ten flights nothing wrong hapened.

Im a 3D helicopter pilot and to do 3D I have to make sure the gyro works as sharp as possible, but sometimes in some windy conditions or when I do fast forward flight, I have to go down in the gyro gain. I dont know too much about technical stuff but the problem on my skysurfer happens under heavy upwind conditions... If the guardian gains works like a gyro I should go down on gain, but the roll moves is kind of slow, dont know if it is because of the size of the plane or if it because I have to go high on the gain...

Any idea?

Heres a video showing the problem at about 2:30 min.

Thanks!
Eagletree gain problem (8 min 33 sec)
Oscar J is offline Find More Posts by Oscar J
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2011, 09:46 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar J View Post
Hi Guys!

Im a very satisfied customer also! But wanted to make sure Im right before touching my gain settings again. The guardian worked great but about two weeks ago, I moved my roll gain from 7 to 8 to se if it will helps on the heading hold.
On one of the flights It started to move the ailrons while going upwind, but I didnt care too much and leaved it like it never happened but last weekend It happened again and and Im taking It more seriously.

I dont blame the guardian, they say that the RTH will work fine with a 5 value on the gain on most planes and my skysurfer must fit under that categories. I just wanted to make sure that I was using as more eficient as possible RTH so I moved it to a higher rate and in about ten flights nothing wrong hapened.

Im a 3D helicopter pilot and to do 3D I have to make sure the gyro works as sharp as possible, but sometimes in some windy conditions or when I do fast forward flight, I have to go down in the gyro gain. I dont know too much about technical stuff but the problem on my skysurfer happens under heavy upwind conditions... If the guardian gains works like a gyro I should go down on gain, but the roll moves is kind of slow, dont know if it is because of the size of the plane or if it because I have to go high on the gain...

Any idea?

Heres a video showing the problem at about 2:30 min.

Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdSuJtqgsUc
hi,

your speed is in miles/hour? ... so 14 is slow, but not stalling. try to decrease the roll gain.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Nov 01, 2011, 10:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
72 Posts
It is on km but it was really windy that day. More than 10mph for sure... I will try decreasing the roll gain.

Thanks!
Oscar J is offline Find More Posts by Oscar J