Joined Jul 2002
3,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
ESPRIT SUCKS!

man im so frustrated right now!!!!

full story

-ordered silver edge 11-25-11. website showed 2 in stock
-for some reason website when i sign in wont let me check on my orders, so i have to call.
-i call them 11-28 just curious why i couldnt check on the order and when it might possibly ship. he says it will ship 11-30 or 12-1 and i would get tracking email. ok cool thanks.
-end of day 12-1. no email. so i call and talk to jason. he says they are supposted to get them 12-2! W T F they had 2 IN STOCK red bold letters no preoder etc. arg. then he mentions there not even out yet. i say lol the first shipment is already sold out and the second shipment is due any day. he says "oh" we thought we were getting the first shipment. he had no clue the planes were already out there and that the second shipment is what they would be getting. he said he talked to "Nole" at 3d hobby shop today and they hope to get them 12-2

-Im SO frustrated at them. they showed them instock and sold one to me never even having one (sounds like they never got any of the first shipment according to him) so now i have to wait for 3dhs to get them, then ship to esprit, then to me
meanwhile its a long rainy cold weekend coming and ive got servos, motor, esc etc all just sitting here and no plane to build while stuck indoors on a nasty weekend. who knows when ill get it.
im SO furious with them right now.
probly should have calmed down before writing this

I saw on their website that the silver were coming soon on 11-28 which was monday.

Cory
RC4x4 is online now Find More Posts by RC4x4
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
When things don't go as planned is when you truely find out about a vendors customer service. What do you think would be the best material? Foam?

I was thinking of using a light ply rib that goes against the wing, then shaping foam that can I can glue to the rib and cover. That way I could have two small holes in the foam to insert screws through, and mount the tip using the existing SFG holes in the wing tip. Then I'l have the option of nothing, SFG's, racing tips, or SFG's and racing tips together.
I'd be going balsa/ply structure covered with ultracote so it's a full match.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:13 PM
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Cant wait for my new plane. So many parts and no air frame.
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:11 PM
Joined May 2010
1,803 Posts
Please accept our apology, Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals completely killed us. We had record sales as well as record number of shipped packages every single day of the week. We were working 9-10 hours days. Because we added those models just before we left for Holidays; our web master did not realized that shipment from 3DH is not in Florida yet. (We had final shipping invoice.)

Tomorrow I will have guys make it right and we will cancel your Turkey Day 10% OFF order and have refund your CC right away. If you have any problem, please call us and ask for me.

Zb/Esprit Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
ESPRIT SUCKS!

man im so frustrated right now!!!!

full story

-ordered silver edge 11-25-11. website showed 2 in stock
-for some reason website when i sign in wont let me check on my orders, so i have to call.
-i call them 11-28 just curious why i couldnt check on the order and when it might possibly ship. he says it will ship 11-30 or 12-1 and i would get tracking email. ok cool thanks.
-end of day 12-1. no email. so i call and talk to jason. he says they are supposted to get them 12-2! W T F they had 2 IN STOCK red bold letters no preoder etc. arg. then he mentions there not even out yet. i say lol the first shipment is already sold out and the second shipment is due any day. he says "oh" we thought we were getting the first shipment. he had no clue the planes were already out there and that the second shipment is what they would be getting. he said he talked to "Nole" at 3d hobby shop today and they hope to get them 12-2

-Im SO frustrated at them. they showed them instock and sold one to me never even having one (sounds like they never got any of the first shipment according to him) so now i have to wait for 3dhs to get them, then ship to esprit, then to me
meanwhile its a long rainy cold weekend coming and ive got servos, motor, esc etc all just sitting here and no plane to build while stuck indoors on a nasty weekend. who knows when ill get it.
im SO furious with them right now.
probly should have calmed down before writing this
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Dec 01, 2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:39 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,638 Posts
glad to see Esprit is going to make it right.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:35 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Looking good, and congrat's on the maiden. I won't beable to remaiden mine on 8s till the weather clears. I'm a little jealous of you guys right now.
T-shirt and look like nice flying weather. Stupid snow!

What servo arms did you use on the Savox servos?

Cory
Here's what I'm using: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/han-9159.html

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:52 AM
E TN
Joined Jan 2003
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Hey Buzzed

what length arms on elevator and rudder?

Link plz

Bill
Komet ME163 is offline Find More Posts by Komet ME163
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:51 AM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
I saw on their website that the silver were coming soon on 11-28 which was monday.

Cory
yeah thats what i was saying on the previous page http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=890
it has been updated to "coming soon" since i made my order. but the entire time we were out of town for thanksgiving for a couple days i was checking the website every couple of hours for those couple days and every time it said "2 In Stock" in bold red print. so as soon as we got back into town i ordered one and it still said 2 instock just before i ordered it. (i didnt check to see if if went down to 1 in stock after i ordered)

Jason told me to call back today for an update so i will. but it doesnt look like ill be getting it any time soon.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:54 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
glad to see Esprit is going to make it right.
Hmm, did Stang just shoot himself in the foot? Cancelling the order and thus losing a 10% discount and I think that Esprit has a little cheaper shipping to Texas($25 when I checked).

I probably would have just hung on...after a nominal amount of complaining.

Funny, I saw the two(2) in stock on Monday to. I was trying to sneak in the CYBER2011 code. No go.
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:01 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Please accept our apology, Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals completely killed us. We had record sales as well as record number of shipped packages every single day of the week. We were working 9-10 hours days. Because we added those models just before we left for Holidays; our web master did not realized that shipment from 3DH is not in Florida yet. (We had final shipping invoice.)

Tomorrow I will have guys make it right and we will cancel your Turkey Day 10% OFF order and have refund your CC right away. If you have any problem, please call us and ask for me.

Zb/Esprit Model
Corey(stang)

if my English is correct they are gonna cancel your order? i dont see how that would make things right
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:11 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
I didn't understand why he was complaining anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Hmm, did Stang just shoot himself in the foot? Cancelling the order and thus losing a 10% discount and I think that Esprit has a little cheaper shipping to Texas($25 when I checked).

I probably would have just hung on...after a nominal amount of complaining.

Funny, I saw the two(2) in stock on Monday to. I was trying to sneak in the CYBER2011 code. No go.
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Dec 02, 2011, 10:56 AM
Team Hillbilly
United States, OH, New Albany
Joined Jun 2006
418 Posts
I ordered a silver 74 from Esprit on Sunday and took advantage of the 10% discount. No hurry for delivery on my end as I'm waiting for Santa to bring me an Ice 100 and a CC BEC to put in it.

5985s on the elevator and ailerons
5955 on the rudder.
6S-5000

Can't decide between a Motrolfly DM5320-330 and a Hacker A60-6XS.
Any thoughts?
blaiss is offline Find More Posts by blaiss
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:14 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,484 Posts
330 kv on 6s? Way too low if you ask me... you would probably be turning a 21-22" prop at that kv. I think the sweet spot on this size plane is in the 19" prop range based on all the ones I've run on my 70" Slick. Generally a ~380kv motor will get you in a 19" prop range at around 2200 watts. So for me - I'd choose the Hacker if you are doing 6s.
Ken at subsonic planes might be able to custom wind you a 5320 with a higher kv, not sure. I put a 5320 in mine, but I'm also running 8s...
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:16 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
I think Esprit is awesome. I've spent about $500 with them in the past 2 months. Never had any problems.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:34 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Funny, to me, how different the response is in this thread vs. the email response was a week ago.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed