HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:23 PM
Perpetual 3D Noob
United States, KY, Calvert City
Joined Jun 2010
255 Posts
I'll pm you later this evening when I get home. My phone won't hardly let me send a pm.
PlaneCraz3d is offline Find More Posts by PlaneCraz3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:25 PM
Joined Jun 2010
59 Posts
Hi all

What would you recommend for a throttle servo.

Thanks Alan
alan49 is offline Find More Posts by alan49
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:36 PM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Joined Jun 2010
255 Posts
I'm not an authority on this subject but I'll be using a Savox 1258TG based on recommendations from this thread.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Joined Jan 2010
524 Posts
Run two batteries but run them in parallel with some kind of battery protection in the case one of them goes down. There are some options on the market. If your a spektrum user the power safe receivers are perfect. Smart fly makes some power boards that would work.

I use a wolverince switch http://www.fromeco.org/products/04frcwo-430b/ I used the option of two deans in and two deans out. On the output end each deans lead breaks down into 3 servo connetions to feed power into the receiver.

If your one of the guys that wants to build something your self check out this link. http://www.3drcforums.com/content.ph...lation-Circuit
Josef086 is offline Find More Posts by Josef086
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:22 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
5,998 Posts
Almost finished.

Nice and neat:
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 P-40b
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:43 AM
Perpetual 3D Noob
Joined Jun 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread View Post
Better yet, I'll sell you one cheap if you PM me. It's a smart-fly that I haven't been using since I sold off my last gasser a while back.

Ryan
PM sent.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:50 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread View Post
Better yet, I'll sell you one cheap if you PM me. It's a smart-fly that I haven't been using since I sold off my last gasser a while back.

Ryan
How's the 74 treating you ? Flying much lately?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:12 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Damn I love my 74!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
24,875 Posts
Me too....in fact I think I like it more than my 71" Slick.... I can K.E. spin my Edge, but had a heck of a time trying to get my Slick to K.E.spin yesterday....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:42 PM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,025 Posts
Steve,
That is funny how everyone has issue doing different move with every plane. Everytime i enter a knife edge spin my plane wants to roll out after about 3 rotations. I can do it with every plane I own and for some reason I am having issues doing Pop Top and KESpins with the edge......But the Edge is still my Fav Plane as of now. Steve do you use your SFG???
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Me too....in fact I think I like it more than my 71" Slick.... I can K.E. spin my Edge, but had a heck of a time trying to get my Slick to K.E.spin yesterday....

SteveT.
hertzrepkeith is offline Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:44 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Steve,
That is funny how everyone has issue doing different move with every plane. Everytime i enter a knife edge spin my plane wants to roll out after about 3 rotations. I can do it with every plane I own and for some reason I am having issues doing Pop Top and KESpins with the edge......But the Edge is still my Fav Plane as of now.
I find the Edge KE spins super easy entering at half throttle without too much rudder input. Maybe 5/8 left rudder, and just a touch of left aileron.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,025 Posts
I will give that a try. I have to say that I have not tried them too much just because the plane is brand new and I wanted to make sure everything stayed tight at first before doing violent maneuvers. Thanks for the input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I find the Edge KE spins super easy entering at half throttle without too much rudder input. Maybe 5/8 left rudder, and just a touch of left aileron.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:48 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
I will give that a try. I have to say that I have not tried them too much just because the plane is brand new and I wanted to make sure everything stayed tight at first before doing violent maneuvers. Thanks for the input.
Totally understand, not the best maneuver for a problem to turn up in. You really don't need to go over half throttle and it will spin pretty fast... more throttle than that is just for noise. It is fun to blip it though!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,025 Posts
HAHA I love to make my 51 Scream with FULL throttle KESpins. but the last time I did a Full throttle with my 71 my Elevator Spar pulled apart and I crashed Haha. So for now on I am scared to do more then 1/2 Throttle with a 30CC Plane and up! Should this plane come apart doing a Full Throttle KESPIN?? or did I just have bad luck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Totally understand, not the best maneuver for a problem to turn up in. You really don't need to go over half throttle and it will spin pretty fast... more throttle than that is just for noise. It is fun to blip it though!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:16 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2009
472 Posts
Quote:
HAHA I love to make my 51 Scream with FULL throttle KESpins. but the last time I did a Full throttle with my 71 my Elevator Spar pulled apart and I crashed Haha. So for now on I am scared to do more then 1/2 Throttle with a 30CC Plane and up! Should this plane come apart doing a Full Throttle KESPIN?? or did I just have bad luck?
I do them frequently with mine and it's fine...... so far
NeverEnough is offline Find More Posts by NeverEnough