HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:55 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaiss View Post
I'm gonna have to try those one of these days. Problem is I still have about 20 EC5s and about 30 pairs of Deans.
you can always make a few adapters to make the transition easier
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:05 AM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
I'm using 45 amp APP on everything including my electric 104 and Logo 700.
WOW REALLY?
Don't you think that maybe you should have gone to the 75a version?
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:20 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
WOW REALLY?
Don't you think that maybe you should have gone to the 75a version?
i dont know about the logo, but remember on the 104 you have 4 packs, which means every pack is in some kind of parallel meaning each pack only sees about half of the peak current, which on that setup is 170a or so depending on setup. 85a per connector is more than doable, actually easier on itself than our 6s 70" setups
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined May 2004
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbirk21 View Post
the 45a rating is for a 110v input. if you do the calculation, that is over 200 amps at 6s voltage
Ah, that makes sense. I'm convinced
Neil_SC is offline Find More Posts by Neil_SC
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:25 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
the 45a rating is for a 110v input. if you do the calculation, that is over 200 amps at 6s voltage
Thankyou for posting this. Alot of misunderstanding goes along with these wonderful connectors. APP really should rename them lol.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:31 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Thankyou for posting this. Alot of misunderstanding goes along with these wonderful connectors. APP really should rename them lol.
the problem is they werent designed for nor most popular use is rc. They are made to run on 110v, so i guess thats why they call them that. Personally i want them to make a 55a power pole, one that has a little bigger housing to fit heavily insulated silicon wire plus a bec wire or telemetry wire, but not as big as the 75a power pole. When (ok, if) i get rich im buying a plastic injection molder and making a tweener size
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:34 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
the problem is they werent designed for nor most popular use is rc. They are made to run on 110v, so i guess thats why they call them that. Personally i want them to make a 55a power pole, one that has a little bigger housing to fit heavily insulated silicon wire plus a bec wire or telemetry wire, but not as big as the 75a power pole. When (ok, if) i get rich im buying a plastic injection molder and making a tweener size
Totally agree!! We def need one more size up instead of going the golf cart connector crap up from the 45. For sure for sure. Maybe i should call the company. Tell them they are missing out on an important piece of the market. Yea, Manta said get yo butt in gear!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:37 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,319 Posts
Quote:
Totally agree!! We def need one more size up instead of going the golf cart connector crap up from the 45. For sure for sure. Maybe i should call the company. Tell them they are missing out on an important piece of the market. Yea, Manta said get yo butt in gear!
if you start a petition ill sign it hahaha. the thing is we dont really need different size crimp sleeves, we can use the ones from the golf cart connectors, we just want a smaller housing
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:01 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,168 Posts
was
Quote:
i dont know about the logo, but remember on the 104 you have 4 packs, which means every pack is in some kind of parallel meaning each pack only sees about half of the peak current, which on that setup is 170a or so depending on setup. 85a per connector is more than doable, actually easier on itself than our 6s 70" setups
Correct, the 104 has four packs with two || sets of two in series so i don't think they are seeing more than 80 amps each as ice 160 shows peaks of 160 amps. The 700 is 12s using 2 packs only and comes with a YGE160 esc and i don't know what it pulls for max amps. I was concerned the 45 app would not be enough but so far they are not even getting warm. The APP75 are huge, use them on supply side of PL8 charger as the 45s i originally tried got too hot for my comfort.

I also wish APP made something in between.
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:20 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,123 Posts
Quote:
I think these are the 75a. I get these out of larger power supplys that run the computer room. I use these for my ATV winch(can move to front or back). I use the 250a for my truck(also move the winch from front to back).

For an 87" and up they would probably be ok, 74 a little bulky.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:39 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
Joined Aug 2004
9,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I think these are the 75a. I get these out of larger power supplys that run the computer room. I use these for my ATV winch(can move to front or back). I use the 250a for my truck(also move the winch from front to back).

For an 87" and up they would probably be ok, 74 a little bulky.
those are SB connectors, they are a little bit different. They use the same crimp sleeves, but are a single housing. I have used the 75a powerpoles a lot, and they are bulky. they look exactly like 45a powerpoles, they are just bigger.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2006
782 Posts
Quote:
those are SB connectors, they are a little bit different. They use the same crimp sleeves, but are a single housing. I have used the 75a powerpoles a lot, and they are bulky. they look exactly like 45a powerpoles, they are just bigger.
They are twice as big in every dimension, which doesn't sound like much until you see them side by side.
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:37 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,282 Posts
2nd maiden =

I was lucky the field was wet and there was a puddle near by to scoop swamp water into this as it was on fire. damage is prop, cowl and front motor box extension and of course esc.

I'm calling faulty esc on this one
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:50 PM
ex-noob
Sammamish, WA, USA
Joined Jan 2010
2,343 Posts
Castle Cremations strikes again. Bummer!

Motor OK?
Lardog is online now Find More Posts by Lardog
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:07 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
if you start a petition ill sign it hahaha. the thing is we dont really need different size crimp sleeves, we can use the ones from the golf cart connectors, we just want a smaller housing
AGREED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
was

Correct, the 104 has four packs with two || sets of two in series so i don't think they are seeing more than 80 amps each as ice 160 shows peaks of 160 amps. The 700 is 12s using 2 packs only and comes with a YGE160 esc and i don't know what it pulls for max amps. I was concerned the 45 app would not be enough but so far they are not even getting warm. The APP75 are huge, use them on supply side of PL8 charger as the 45s i originally tried got too hot for my comfort.

I also wish APP made something in between.
Thats what i need to do for my PL8. I had to shorten the leads from the power supplies to the powerlab charger..The connectors would get way too hot. They still get hot tho.. maybe a bigger connector is in order for there then.