HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:42 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread View Post
Got in 4 more flights today on a calm, pleasant December Colorado day.

This is definitely my favorite of all the planes I've owned. I told myself I wouldn't get low with it until I had a number of good flights on it but it feels so locked in and gives you so much confidence that you can't resist flying it right in front of your face!

Thanks to Zach Lambert for the photos!
damn. You're making me regret this more each day. More of a favorite than even the 103?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Guys.... Help two brothers out... Me....before I buy this, and "AirportDog" to sell his plane!!

74" Edge....for $260.0!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:20 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,382 Posts
Wow. DEAL for sure.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:22 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Great shots, and great flying!! I agree with you, the Edge is in a league all of it's own!! I have HS-7955TGs in mine, and HS-985's in my 71" Slick. I would really like to put a set of the 7955's in my Slick, bu alas, no money to do so. I think I might try the HS-7954's and see how they compare.

SteveT
I talked to Shawn Spiker at Toledo this year and I asked specifically about the 7954 vs 7955 and from what I understand they are the same servo, just with different gear material. I am going to use 7954s in my new 88" EF edge. I had used them previously in another 50cc plane.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Sounds good to me!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:20 AM
Like a boss!
Joined Sep 2007
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
damn. You're making me regret this more each day. More of a favorite than even the 103?
Just more my style, maybe. The 103" was definitely the best flying plane I ever owned and was amazing in the air - it was just all the gak that came with it (extra setup at the field, smelling up my car with the gas tank, etc) that just makes me prefer this size and using electric. My field is close and I rarely have whole days I can spend at the field so it's nice to show up for an hour, get 3 or 4 flights in and then head home.

Also, I could never quite relax bringing it down on the deck worrying about a deadstick or just dumbthumbing a $1000+ airframe (and I dumbthumb a lot).

I will say that for my thumbs, this Edge locks into a totally rock free harrier better than any plane I've flown.

It's been awhile since I've flown the other planes so it's hard to compare but I do know that flying this Edge I feel confident and natural and it makes it look like I actually know what I'm doing - could just be because you built it and set it up instead of me!
AllBread is offline Find More Posts by AllBread
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:52 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,580 Posts
i'm glad you're enjoying it! It's too nice of a bird to sit in the garage. You've already flown it more than I did over the last two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread View Post
Just more my style, maybe. The 103" was definitely the best flying plane I ever owned and was amazing in the air - it was just all the gak that came with it (extra setup at the field, smelling up my car with the gas tank, etc) that just makes me prefer this size and using electric. My field is close and I rarely have whole days I can spend at the field so it's nice to show up for an hour, get 3 or 4 flights in and then head home.

Also, I could never quite relax bringing it down on the deck worrying about a deadstick or just dumbthumbing a $1000+ airframe (and I dumbthumb a lot).

I will say that for my thumbs, this Edge locks into a totally rock free harrier better than any plane I've flown.

It's been awhile since I've flown the other planes so it's hard to compare but I do know that flying this Edge I feel confident and natural and it makes it look like I actually know what I'm doing - could just be because you built it and set it up instead of me!
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:
Guys.... Help two brothers out... Me....before I buy this, and "AirportDog" to sell his plane!!

74" Edge....for $260.0!!!

SteveT
Thanks for getting me excited.....and then buying it yourself!

Ahaha seriously though, if your friend ends up not wanting it and you want to unload one of those Edges let me know!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Sorry Joe.... Ole bought it...but that is why I posted it here, as I know somebody would!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:
Sorry Joe.... Ole bought it...but that is why I posted it here, as I know somebody would!!

SteveT
Hehe no worries. Maybe he'll let me fly it
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Well...it wouldn't be ready to fly, but he is probably coming down Monday to pick the plane up, and maybe we'll go flying...if you come up this way....we'll have a mini fly-in

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Dec 2011
4,186 Posts
Quote:
Well...it wouldn't be ready to fly, but he is probably coming down Monday to pick the plane up, and maybe we'll go flying...if you come up this way....we'll have a mini fly-in

SteveT
Gotta work on Monday
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:58 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,286 Posts
Joe you can fly it as soon as I get it put together which now won't be until next year. I'll probably end up putting the electronics in the edge first and keeping the slick as backup, I gotta think. Motor I ordered for the slick probably won't cut it for the edge?
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
Joe you can fly it as soon as I get it put together which now won't be until next year. I'll probably end up putting the electronics in the edge first and keeping the slick as backup, I gotta think. Motor I ordered for the slick probably won't cut it for the edge?
Which motor? The Edge isn't really heavy, they just have a tendency to come out a bit tail heavy is all.

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:22 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Gotta work on Monday
Sick day Bro...sick day!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member