SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
fly low be happy
United States, CA, Shasta Lake
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
bummed that i missed huckfest, but i did get to do some more tuning on the GT33:
lb.man is offline Find More Posts by lb.man
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,144 Posts
hehe, reminds me of the days when I was a mechanic. Always laying under things. A creeper helps!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Righteous 87
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jun 2009
1,654 Posts
Just an FYI
The motorbox kit does not come with the add on electric motorbox.

So I'm still in need of one if someone has one they are not using..

Randy
Randidly is offline Find More Posts by Randidly
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:49 PM
fly low be happy
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
Just an FYI

Randy
pm me with your info, i will see how much shipping is. if you can cover shipping i will give you the box. Mike Lb.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, MI, Bloomfield Hills
Joined Apr 2012
20 Posts
New Edge

Does any one know what the changes are to the new 74 Edge? In that they have been out of stock for so long I was hoping they would build an electric and gas version like the 71 Slick. Having that extra large canopy opening on the electric Slick is great, makes working inside the fuse so easy.
mzl969 is offline Find More Posts by mzl969
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzl969 View Post
Does any one know what the changes are to the new 74 Edge? In that they have been out of stock for so long I was hoping they would build an electric and gas version like the 71 Slick. Having that extra large canopy opening on the electric Slick is great, makes working inside the fuse so easy.
I doubt that will happen.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzl969 View Post
As it seems that most of the 74" Edges, have been coming up a bit tail heavy, I went with a heavy electric set-up, and I still have to have my batteries all the way to the front...That said, I have no problems strapping my batteries down with the canopy as it is.. With a converted Slick (gas to electric), you end up having a more difficult time strapping the packs down, it's not impossible, just more difficult.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:35 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, OH, New Albany
Joined Jun 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
As it seems that most of the 74" Edges, have been coming up a bit tail heavy, I went with a heavy electric set-up, and I still have to have my batteries all the way to the front...That said, I have no problems strapping my batteries down with the canopy as it is.. With a converted Slick (gas to electric), you end up having a more difficult time strapping the packs down, it's not impossible, just more difficult.

SteveT
I have some lead up on the motor box of my 74 for now until I pick up a new A123 pack and go to a two-battery setup. I hate to add dead weight!
blaiss is offline Find More Posts by blaiss
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaiss View Post
I have some lead up on the motor box of my 74 for now until I pick up a new A123 pack and go to a two-battery setup. I hate to add dead weight!
Me too, but even with a heavy motor, relatively heavy packs and my ESC and BEC as far forward as I can get them, I had to add 3oz of lead right at the front bottom of the motor box.

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:07 AM
fly low be happy
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
with my e set up, i ended up adding a 2s 1600, for the rx. helped a lot with the balancing.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Just wondering did you fly it without the weight? my e setup is a 5320, ice 100 on the side of the MB, pair of hyperion 4000 pushed up. GP spinner, 19x8, BECpro and Rx behind the tube. Pull-pull and it flys pretty neutral, just a tad down when inverted, and no KE mixes.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, OH, New Albany
Joined Jun 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Just wondering did you fly it without the weight? my e setup is a 5320, ice 100 on the side of the MB, pair of hyperion 4000 pushed up. GP spinner, 19x8, BECpro and Rx behind the tube. Pull-pull and it flys pretty neutral, just a tad down when inverted, and no KE mixes.
Yes, the first 20 or so flights were without ballast. My set up is Hacker A60/6XS, 21X10 Xoar, Ice100 on the bottom, Castle BEC on the firewall and 6s 5000 pack. Definitely tail heavy, but flyable. It tracks MUCH better with the added weight.
blaiss is offline Find More Posts by blaiss
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,438 Posts
Yes, glad to hear it.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the first 20 or so flights were without ballast. My set up is Hacker A60/6XS, 21X10 Xoar, Ice100 on the bottom, Castle BEC on the firewall and 6s 5000 pack. Definitely tail heavy, but flyable. It tracks MUCH better with the added weight.
Depending on how they quote the weight, looks like mine is 2-3oz heavier. I think I weighed mine mount and all at 20oz. So we are close.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
Just an FYI

Randy
That's unfortunate, wonder why?
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129