SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:56 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
How about an Illinois Huckfest? Maybe somewhere near Chicago?
I like the idea of that even though I'm in Texas.... My family is up there and it would be a good way to expose them to the hobby
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:39 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
If you own, or have access to a drill press, and can find a machine shop supply in that little "one horse town" you live in, buy a counterbore in the correct size, You can buy them in various sizes with a pilot that will guide the counterbore. this is the best way there is to drill out props..

You can see what I am talking about here...

SteveT
Thanks Steve, I'll take a look. The specialty place I know of is called McFadden-Dale and they seem to have everything... except a location close to my house!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:31 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Thanks Steve, I'll take a look. The specialty place I know of is called McFadden-Dale and they seem to have everything... except a location close to my house!
Yeah....never fails, I have to drive about ten miles to get to a machine shop supply house,,,and then are are a few of them in that area...

But...from their website, it looks like they carry machine shop supplies, so, they should carry counterbores...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jul 09, 2012 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:37 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Oh, the one I got was one of the prototypes, Ive never seen this scheme. Anyone seen this one before ?
Collectors item for sure...looks great too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
How about an Illinois Huckfest? Maybe somewhere near Chicago?
The Midwest FLI in Cape Girardeau is as close to Chicago as we are likely to get...it was only 6 hours, and for you maybe a bit less since you could just shoot down I39 to I55.
It was a good location as it brought pilots from all over the midwest and even a bit more
You should plan on going next year; maybe we can have a caravan!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Last edited by SnowDog1974; Jul 09, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Capt. Roll's Avatar
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
525 Posts
Rear Exhaust Engines

I searched the thread, didn't find anything.

How will the new rear exhaust 35cc gas engines (DLE and PTE) work for this ARF?

Mainly:

1. Fitting under the cowl......I'm sure there will need to be a few cuts on the bottom for the exhaust tubes and for some cooling.
2. Any effect on CG? Seems like the rear exhaust engines use motor mount stand-offs 10 to 15 mm longer than the side exhaust engines which pushes the prop hub out.
Capt. Roll is online now Find More Posts by Capt. Roll
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
OK, BEC or 2s lipo to the RX for HV servos on this plane ? Cant decide......
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:50 AM
Registered User
hosam's Avatar
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
OK, BEC or 2s lipo to the RX for HV servos on this plane ? Cant decide......
I'm using BEC only with 7955 servos all the way around... No issue so far...
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:59 AM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam View Post
I'm using BEC only with 7955 servos all the way around... No issue so far...
Are you running HV to them ? I'm just wondering if I will get better servo power from the Lipo then the BEC on 7.4V.
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
hosam's Avatar
USA, MI, Livonia
Joined Nov 2004
821 Posts
My BEC is set for 7.4 volt output...
hosam is offline Find More Posts by hosam
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
You will get a more consistent voltage with the bec. Plus it I'd one less battery to charge.
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:03 AM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
You will get a more consistent voltage with the bec. Plus it I'd one less battery to charge.
Interesting, just had a guy tell me on another forum that he gets brownouts on his servos running 7.4 when he does hard 3d manuvers with his BEC, he switched to a RX lipo and problem went away.
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Interesting, just had a guy tell me on another forum that he gets brownouts on his servos running 7.4 when he does hard 3d manuvers with his BEC, he switched to a RX lipo and problem went away.
I think the "c" rating on most lipos is higher than the majority of becs out there...
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple12 View Post
Interesting, just had a guy tell me on another forum that he gets brownouts on his servos running 7.4 when he does hard 3d manuvers with his BEC, he switched to a RX lipo and problem went away.
which BEC?...


Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
I think the "c" rating on most lipos is higher than the majority of becs out there...
also true.


separate Rx pack does mean fewer moving parts. That said, I have some standard voltage servos on my 72 and running a separate pack through a CCBEC-Pro for power... running well.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Roll View Post
I searched the thread, didn't find anything.

How will the new rear exhaust 35cc gas engines (DLE and PTE) work for this ARF?

Mainly:

1. Fitting under the cowl......I'm sure there will need to be a few cuts on the bottom for the exhaust tubes and for some cooling.
2. Any effect on CG? Seems like the rear exhaust engines use motor mount stand-offs 10 to 15 mm longer than the side exhaust engines which pushes the prop hub out.
Well with the PTE you should be able to carry your plane home in a paper bag
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:09 PM
Registered User
gapple12's Avatar
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined May 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
which BEC?...




also true.


separate Rx pack does mean fewer moving parts. That said, I have some standard voltage servos on my 72 and running a separate pack through a CCBEC-Pro for power... running well.
I have the Castle Pro BEC, not sure what he had that was giving him issues.
gapple12 is offline Find More Posts by gapple12
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM