HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,642 Posts
i need a 57sc. That is next in line after i finish my current build (DW Foamie 48" Yak 54)
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
i need a 57sc. That is next in line after i finish my current build (DW Foamie 48" Yak 54)
Yes you do...great plane!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 13, 2012, 02:22 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Hey Brady, how's the extra working out? have you flown it yet?

What is the biggest downside you've noticed to the SFGs?
The yellow extra i got from you died. there were several issues i had with it that don't need brought up here and during an angry flight something went wrong and it went in hard. i gave it a viking funeral as my first unrepairable 3dhs plane deserved. it lasted about 10 flights. i have my red 57 back up now and its just as amazing as i remembered. had it back a week now and already have 20+ flights on it.

I haven't really noticed a down side to the SFG's on my edges besides slightly slower roll rates but for some reason it just feels better to me. a little more locked in feeling. I know that others like fliprob have said that they do not like them on the 3dhs edges either. they definitely do not NEED the SFG's by any means. i highly suggest flying with them on and off back to back and see how you feel about it. there are very few subtle differences but nothing that will make you all the sudden not be able to fly and crash so there is no reason to not try both.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old May 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post

What is the biggest downside you've noticed to the SFGs?
Landing.

Probably just a mental thing, but after damaging an SFG during a landing I really don't look forward to it. That was on the Yak 55 though. There is a lot more ground clearance on the Edge's SFG's.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
Anyone flying without the sideforce generators? I get to put them on
Ken, I've never used mine.
Don't see the need to.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old May 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Landing.

Probably just a mental thing, but after damaging an SFG during a landing I really don't look forward to it. That was on the Yak 55 though. There is a lot more ground clearance on the Edge's SFG's.
Its not damge. Its a battle scar. Same with the damage on the top and bottom of your rudder from harrier drags and hover tail touches!
Old May 13, 2012, 03:27 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
The yellow extra i got from you died. there were several issues i had with it that don't need brought up here and during an angry flight something went wrong and it went in hard. i gave it a viking funeral as my first unrepairable 3dhs plane deserved. it lasted about 10 flights. i have my red 57 back up now and its just as amazing as i remembered. had it back a week now and already have 20+ flights on it.

I haven't really noticed a down side to the SFG's on my edges besides slightly slower roll rates but for some reason it just feels better to me. a little more locked in feeling. I know that others like fliprob have said that they do not like them on the 3dhs edges either. they definitely do not NEED the SFG's by any means. i highly suggest flying with them on and off back to back and see how you feel about it. there are very few subtle differences but nothing that will make you all the sudden not be able to fly and crash so there is no reason to not try both.
I'm sorry there was so much trouble with that airplane. I hope it wasn't anything that I did.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
...I'm personally claiming my 74 to be 25% and I'm flying it on the 3D line......
This came up at our last meeting talking about giant scale or a "big bird" fly in. Wing span 80" or greater but they then mentioned OR 25%. I thought the 71, 74, etc were technically "25%". Maybe just under.

I was thinking the same thing....I can fly there. I'm sure some dude with a 100cc plane would disagree.
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old May 14, 2012, 11:28 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
74/72/71 planes are 25% scale. Most of these planes in full scale are around 24 feet in wingspan.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old May 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
What length Standoffs would I need for a OS gt33

Ok I just ordered the gt33 and I also ordered the standard DLE30 Standoffs that they had listed.. So am I correct that you just cut them down?? What is the length they should be to make it all work correctly??

Thanks
Brad
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Last edited by bradhoke08; May 15, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 01:47 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
This came up at our last meeting talking about giant scale or a "big bird" fly in. Wing span 80" or greater but they then mentioned OR 25%. I thought the 71, 74, etc were technically "25%". Maybe just under.

I was thinking the same thing....I can fly there. I'm sure some dude with a 100cc plane would disagree.
From the IMAA website:
Quarter (1/4) scale replica's or larger with proper documentation (minimum 3 view drawing of an actual person carrying aircraft) which do not fit the size requirements will be permitted.

Bring documentation!
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old May 15, 2012, 02:40 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhoke08 View Post
What length Standoffs would I need for a OS gt33

Ok I just ordered the gt33 and I also ordered the standard DLE30 Standoffs that they had listed.. So am I correct that you just cut them down?? What is the length they should be to make it all work correctly??

Thanks
Brad
Link to the standard standoffs?
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old May 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Link to the standard standoffs?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYUT3&P=M link to standoffs

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBCKA&P=ML link to OS gt33 that shows the dle standoffs as an item of interest

Spec's on them~~

These are the Engine Mount Standoffs for use on the
DLE Engines DLE-30cc Gas Engine

FEATURES: Aluminum construction
Silver in color

INCLUDES: Four Engine Mount Standoffs
Four Washers
Four 5x25mm Bolts

SPECS: Length: 2.36" (60mm)

REQUIRES: Installation between engine and engine mount
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old May 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
No end to my bad luck lately. 74 went down but i managed to save it from any damage. Rudder servo locked up right after take off into a 3/4 throttle KE spin. The servo was a used Align DS610 out of a T-Rex 550. I need to call Savox and see if they service the Align servos. anyways, got it on video. The biggest thing I was worried about when it went in was the brand new Xoar 20x10 but even that came out un-scathed.

74 Crash.wmv (1 min 51 sec)
Old May 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,642 Posts
sorry to hear that, Brady. I'm glad it ended well.

Do you think this was just a sporadic event with the align/savox servo?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk