to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:57 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I hope to meet you guys there. Maybe I can get a lesson or two.

I'll be there Thursday night through Sunday.

Manta, you bringing the 50cc Motrolfly prototype?
Well, I was, but due to logistics it aint ready yet. Prototype is in build tho i think. Dont know how long that will take for a retool to chuck us one up tho. I was really hoping for one to fly at seff tho.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:04 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
What prop do you have on that ENGINE...??
Falcon 18x6

Just ordered at Vess 18x6 to try as well
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
Me too
And again, was happy to do so...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:51 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Falcon 18x6

Just ordered at Vess 18x6 to try as well
That seems small....I'm running the recommended break-in prop = 18x8 on the OS GT33...and it's ripping now...gonna go up to a vess 19a....or maybe the Xoar 20x6...I liked that a lot on the DLE30.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:31 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Got my "E" motor box rebuilt with a new firewall... I don't like firewalls that look like Swiss cheese, so, as I am going to use a Hacker A60-6XS on 6S (or possibly a Hacker A60-5S on 8S, if my plane comes out tail heavy), and the existing blind nuts didn't come close to lining up, I debonded the "E" box, and removed the firewall, made a new one and installed it....I also saved the existing blind nut spacers and re-used them buy de-bonding them, and using an Exacto gouge to get them off...(and managing to stick myself with the gouge at the same time)...here it is..

And lastly, if anybody would like to do this to their "E" box, I will most happily supply you with a .pdf file, which you can print, and then stick onto 3/16 birch plywood to cut out, or a cad drawing that you can give to somebody with a laser that can cut 3/16" plywood... I just traced mine and cut it out, and just "eyeballed" the outer holes, which is why the lower left one is just a little bit off. The holes for the motor were however from a template I had already made for the A60-6XS..

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; May 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yeeah buddy!
Northern Colorado
Joined May 2010
2,451 Posts
Dang Steve. Your good.
PinkYakRC is offline Find More Posts by PinkYakRC
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
That seems small....I'm running the recommended break-in prop = 18x8 on the OS GT33...and it's ripping now...gonna go up to a vess 19a....or maybe the Xoar 20x6...I liked that a lot on the DLE30.
Talking with Todd at Syssa he has always recommended the 18x6 for the 3D guys. Just got the order in for a vess 18x6 and gonna try that and then next prop order try the 19a.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Got my "E" motor box rebuilt with a new firewall... I don't like firewalls that look like Swiss cheese, so, as I am going to use a Hacker A60-6XS on 6S (or possibly a Hacker A60-5S on 8S, if my plane comes out tail heavy), and the existing blind nuts didn't come close to lining up, I debonded the "E" box, and removed the firewall, made a new one and installed it....I also saved the existing blind nut spacers and re-used them but debonding them, and using an Exacto gouge to get them off...(and managing to stick myself with the gouge at the same time)...here it is..

And lastly, if anybody would like to do this to their "E" box, I will most happily supply you with a .pdf file, which you can print, and then stick onto 3/16 birch plywood to cut out, or a cad drawing that you can give to somebody with a laser that can cut 3/16" plywood... I just traced mine and cut it out, and just "eyeballed" the outer holes, which is why the lower left one is just a little bit off. The holes for the motor were however from a template I had already made for the A60-6XS..

SteveT
another reason motrolfly wins for having the foresight to add the second set of holes in the x-mount that line up with 3DHS standard mounting holes Just joking steve. that looks great! i dont think i would have had the patience to do that with a new plane on the build table begging to be flown.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, TX, Carrollton
Joined Dec 2009
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post

What are you doing to that thing?
A little graphic's will finish it up.

How's the new Hacker working out?

Cory

I have a really hard time seeing the silver in the air and was thinking about re-covering options for mine. I like what you did with the top of the wings and would think it will add some better visibility. What is your experience so far with the added red on that silver 74?
jhorton is offline Find More Posts by jhorton
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
Talking with Todd at Syssa he has always recommended the 18x6 for the 3D guys. Just got the order in for a vess 18x6 and gonna try that and then next prop order try the 19a.
That's because the Syssa won't turn a 20x6 like a DLE 30. They are two different motors that make their power differently. The 20x6 is the best prop on a DLE 30 and the 18x6 is probably what works well on the Syssa.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:32 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkYakRC View Post
Dang Steve. Your good.
Thank you Hunter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
another reason motrolfly wins for having the foresight to add the second set of holes in the x-mount that line up with 3DHS standard mounting holes Just joking steve. that looks great! i dont think i would have had the patience to do that with a new plane on the build table begging to be flown.
It really only took me about an hour to do, so, not much time. The Hacker doesn't have enough room on the "X" mount, or I might have just re drilled it. It is quite a chubby little motor... And thank you too....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:41 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammbn View Post
+1 some glue and a ply sandwhich for me. I mostly still have to work a day job!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
That's because the Syssa won't turn a 20x6 like a DLE 30. They are two different motors that make their power differently. The 20x6 is the best prop on a DLE 30 and the 18x6 is probably what works well on the Syssa.
Always a fan of whats recommended

The Syssa for me has been great power and never felt like I was lacking with the 18" prop
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
+1 some glue and a ply sandwhich for me. I mostly still have to work a day job!
I prefer a Ham and Swiss on dark rye, or a pastrami sandwich while working on models..I find that I get too many splinters between my teeth with a plywood sandwich..

SteveT
RCG Plus Member