HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:47 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,903 Posts
Bivens,

That thing is just beautiful! Does the graphics come with it? Vinyl?

Nice job on the maiden. Can't wait to see more on a sunny day.

-Buzzed

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:48 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,382 Posts
Yep...the graphics on the plane are FACTORY 3dhs bling....
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:51 PM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Yep...the graphics on the plane are FACTORY 3dhs bling....
Suweet!

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:45 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,813 Posts
Mike, great job on getting the Edge done and in the air really fast. You weren't excited were ya. Great video as well.

Mine arrived today. Very sexy plane. Everything looks fantastic! I'll get started on it this weekend.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Last edited by RC4x4; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:56 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,169 Posts
After looking at both, I don't know which one I like the best...the silver & red really looks sharp, but so does the red one....but considering my money recently went for an 89" Slick, my wife would kill me if I even suggested buying another plane right now, especially, since I have three NIB "kits' sitting there ready to build...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 17, 2011, 12:58 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4 View Post
Mike, great job on getting the Edge done and in the air really fast. You weren't excited were ya. Great video as well.

Mine arrived today. Very sexy plane. Everything looks fantastic! I'll get started on it this weekend.

Cory
Are the trucks in the case RC?? And if so, do you also have the trailers to go with them?
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:51 AM
Denver Colorado
Joined Jan 2010
921 Posts
I have 3 servos left to install and some programming!

Should be able to fly it friday.

Im running 8S 4400's with a Motrolfly 4325-310

Savox servos all around.
grubby is offline Find More Posts by grubby
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:00 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,127 Posts
Some pics of my build, there is a link on the web site to a manual but it doesn't seem to work. So I had to "wing it"(recalculating). But if you have built another 30cc 3DHS plane this one is the same. I still don't have everything locked down, I forgot my 3" rudder arm at home. E setup, 8s, a50-12l. I used the HK orange to test the motor direction. However every flight on my Extra has been with an orange rx. It now has a 6210 in it!

About the hardest thing was locating the cut outs for the control horns. Press, look for a demple, hope that's it. One thing I usually use the manual for is to get an idea of their location. I still haven't cut in the one for the elevator. It was getting late. This is about 4 hours of solid work. I'm sure yall will maiden way before mine with my schedule the next week, so good luck with yours!! Rob

So on to some pics...
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:24 AM
How can we stop winter?
Frederick, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
I have 3 servos left to install and some programming!

Should be able to fly it friday.

Im running 8S 4400's with a Motrolfly 4325-310

Savox servos all around.
Nice Steve! Good speed building once again.

How about some video?!
flyinhigh025 is offline Find More Posts by flyinhigh025
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:34 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,157 Posts
sexy. Makes me want to pull mine out of the box and start the build tonight! But I started on the 46" Yak, and I want to finish it first...
robj, please post up the weight of yours once you get it all together!
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,127 Posts
Roger..
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:50 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
After looking at both, I don't know which one I like the best...the silver & red really looks sharp, but so does the red one....but considering my money recently went for an 89" Slick, my wife would kill me if I even suggested buying another plane right now, especially, since I have three NIB "kits' sitting there ready to build...

SteveT
So send me the three NIB kits and then you will have an excuse to get a new one!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Some pics of my build, there is a link on the web site to a manual but it doesn't seem to work. So I had to "wing it"(recalculating). But if you have built another 30cc 3DHS plane this one is the same. I still don't have everything locked down, I forgot my 3" rudder arm at home. E setup, 8s, a50-12l. I used the HK orange to test the motor direction. However every flight on my Extra has been with an orange rx. It now has a 6210 in it!

About the hardest thing was locating the cut outs for the control horns. Press, look for a demple, hope that's it. One thing I usually use the manual for is to get an idea of their location. I still haven't cut in the one for the elevator. It was getting late. This is about 4 hours of solid work. I'm sure yall will maiden way before mine with my schedule the next week, so good luck with yours!! Rob

So on to some pics...
Nice pics that scheme is awesome! I need to get some of those landing gear cuffs and see if they fit on the SC.
DFflyer is offline Find More Posts by DFflyer
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFflyer View Post
Nice pics that scheme is awesome! I need to get some of those landing gear cuffs and see if they fit on the SC.
Those were another head scratcher, in the bag with the gear there were some small phillips screws and 4 black allen machine screws. There are holes in the CF gear to mount from the bottom. machine scres a no go so I used the phillips, little long and one slight poked through. Left the others a little lose. Never saw any other screws.

Wonder how Bevens did his?

CF gear on the SC is shaped a little different, but they look pretty universal if they will fit over the gear. Looks like fiberglass with rubber edges. They nicely hold on the gear cover plate. First time I've ever used that.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Are the trucks in the case RC?? And if so, do you also have the trailers to go with them?

Yep! They are Tamiya tractor trucks. Have three trailer's to use with them.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4